Why does the United States have the largest prison population in the world ?

The answer, of course, is racism. Do we really need an excuse to incarcerate our innocent black and hispanic population?
there are no innocent blacks, browns or white in prison,,,
99.5% true, I believe. We have a large prison population for two reasons.
1) An ethnically diverse population
2) The rule of law
And we lock up wrong people.

We have more people in prison for nonviolent drug and property crimes than we do violent criminals and murderers
Only a fucking LIB idiot would claim that property crime isn't violent!
Tell that to the victims of property crime.
That's like saying if someone tears off a woman's dress there was no 'violence' b/c she wasn't injured.
Every gram of illegal drugs entering the US has had some form of violence associated with it at some level or many levels.
THINK!!!!!!!
The cartels control EVERY fucking gram that enters the US. Including the cartels in China et al. You want violence?

Property crime isn't violent. And I wish you morons here would make up your minds as some of you say I'm a right wing nut job and others say I'm a left wing nut job.

I know what violent crime is as I was actually a victim and some idiot tagger spray painting a building or some other moron stealing a car are not violent crimes

An FYI violence involved with drugs that does not occur in this country is none of our business

If you want to end drug related crimes and violence then legalize all drugs. We'll save a shit load of money too

Now that's a great idea. Currently, over 80,000 (mostly young) Americans die from overdoses in the US a year. That's not including the ones who barely escaped death and were rescued. This costs taxpayers a lot of money. Now if we legalized recreational narcotics, perhaps we can get that death toll to 200,000, 400,000, maybe three million a year.

Now that's what I call progress.........until it's your own family member that becomes part of those statistics.

Make a deal with some corrupt African country to take our violent prisoners. We pay the country so much a day to feed and house the criminals. The country in turn makes the criminals pay for their keep by working. The US could save billions of dollars a year. The African country could get a bunch of laborers and some much needed US currency. If a violent inner city gangbanger knew there was a good chance he could serve his sentence in a stinking prison labor camp in Darfur he might think twice before he murdered his cousin for his Nikes.

Only one thing stopping us from doing that or making our own prisoners work here: Liberal judges.

The answer, of course, is racism. Do we really need an excuse to incarcerate our innocent black and hispanic population?
2) The rule of law

We have more people in prison for nonviolent drug and property crimes than we do violent criminals and murderers

If somebody sells your child dangerous narcotics, and he or she dies from them, how is that not violent?

Make a deal with some corrupt African country to take our violent prisoners. We pay the country so much a day to feed and house the criminals. The country in turn makes the criminals pay for their keep by working. The US could save billions of dollars a year. The African country could get a bunch of laborers and some much needed US currency. If a violent inner city gangbanger knew there was a good chance he could serve his sentence in a stinking prison labor camp in Darfur he might think twice before he murdered his cousin for his Nikes.
So basically, go back to the days of selling African slaves. This time WE supply African governments with slaves.

2) The rule of law

Only a fucking LIB idiot would claim that property crime isn't violent!
Tell that to the victims of property crime.
That's like saying if someone tears off a woman's dress there was no 'violence' b/c she wasn't injured.
Every gram of illegal drugs entering the US has had some form of violence associated with it at some level or many levels.
THINK!!!!!!!
The cartels control EVERY fucking gram that enters the US. Including the cartels in China et al. You want violence?

Property crime isn't violent. And I wish you morons here would make up your minds as some of you say I'm a right wing nut job and others say I'm a left wing nut job.

I know what violent crime is as I was actually a victim and some idiot tagger spray painting a building or some other moron stealing a car are not violent crimes

An FYI violence involved with drugs that does not occur in this country is none of our business

If you want to end drug related crimes and violence then legalize all drugs. We'll save a shit load of money too

Now that's a great idea. Currently, over 80,000 (mostly young) Americans die from overdoses in the US a year. That's not including the ones who barely escaped death and were rescued. This costs taxpayers a lot of money. Now if we legalized recreational narcotics, perhaps we can get that death toll to 200,000, 400,000, maybe three million a year.

Now that's what I call progress.........until it's your own family member that becomes part of those statistics.

You think that everyone who doesn't do drugs now will start doing them if drugs are decriminalized?

The evidence disagrees

Want to Win the War on Drugs? Portugal Might Have the Answer

2) The rule of law

If somebody sells your child dangerous narcotics, and he or she dies from them, how is that not violent?

vi·o·lent
/ˈvī(ə)lənt/
adjective
  1. using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

or some other moron stealing a car are not violent crimes

I want those people in prison. I'm going to tell you why. Steal a car from a family, the parent can no longer make it to work. They can't make rent. They lose the home. That domino effect is brutal. I don't need that to be violent.

I want those people in prison. I'm going to tell you why. Steal a car from a family, the parent can no longer make it to work. They can't make rent. They lose the home. That domino effect is brutal. I don't need that to be violent.

And stolen cars are never ever recovered right?

Not the point. The harm done in that crime is enough to warrant prison time.

I disagree.

theft is not a violent crime and alternative sentencing is acceptable

I disagree.

For whom? Screw alternative sentencing. You got your roll out in policy nationwide. What that policy says is that if you live in poverty or are working class or lower middle class then people can rip you off and there is no justice. Auto theft can bring a house down. I don't need that to be violent.

I disagree.

For whom? Screw alternative sentencing. You got your roll out in policy nationwide. What that policy says is that if you live in poverty or are working class or lower middle class then people can rip you off and there is no justice. Auto theft can bring a house down. I don't need that to be violent.

The only violent car theft is car jacking. If someone steals your car when you are not in it it is not a violent crime.

And how many people have you known that have lost their house because a car got stolen?

I disagree.

6 Anti-Theft Car Systems You Can Afford

We could always issue a wheelbarrow full of H1B visas for Saudi Arabian swordsmen...

That should greatly reduce the incarceration rate for thieves of various kinds...

Nobody will want to be a Repeat Offender... with somebody else zipping their fly for the rest of their lives... :21:

-----

And, if we shorten the Appeals Process, they can handle our murderers, as well... :113:

All while celebrating the Dims supposedly sincere focus upon that (to them) sacred cow called 'Diversity'...

-----

New job title in various correctional systems: Prison Swordsman.

Last edited:

I disagree.

The only violent car theft is car jacking. If someone steals your car when you are not in it it is not a violent crime.

And how many people have you known that have lost their house because a car got stolen?

Doesn't need to be violent for them to go to prison. I have known enough people to watch that slide. Lost their jobs, lost their homes.

Steal money from a bank? You're going to prison.

There is an income bracket where that vehicle is their bank.

I disagree.

That smacks of blame the victims.

I disagree.

Doesn't need to be violent for them to go to prison. I have known enough people to watch that slide. Lost their jobs, lost their homes.

Steal money from a bank? You're going to prison.

There is an income bracket where that vehicle is their bank.

Lost their home because a car was stolen?

Bullshit.

Bank robbery is a federal crime car theft isn't.

I disagree.

That smacks of blame the victims.

In what way?

Securing your property is prudent. If as you say the theft of your car will make you homeless in a week then you should be taking steps to secure it

...Lost their home because a car was stolen? Bullshit...
I can totally see that happening.

How many families are running on the ragged edge, paycheck to paycheck, praying that nothing major goes wrong?

Something "major" like losing their one-and-only car... uninsured... or under-insured... or victims of cheap, slippery insurance...

• You're damned-near broke...
  • Your car gets stolen...
  • You can't replace it...
  • You can't get to your pissant job...
  • You get fired for absenteeism...
  • You can't easily find another job...
  • You've got nobody else to turn to for financial help...
  • The bills pile up...
  • The mortgage or rent goes past due... badly past due
  • You're served with foreclosure or eviction papers...
  • You fail to defend yourself adequately...
  • You're on the street...

---------

What's so difficult to believe about that?

I'm guessing it happens often enough...

Private prisons for profit motivates some to use as much influence as available to get as many prisoners as possible.

If executioners were paid buy the head, they would be pushing for more executions.

It is the one area in society where I oppose profit. The incentive to create more crimes and get more criminals is contrary to the concept of liberty.

The war in drugs with its asset forfieture is a perfect example of profitable punishment leading to tyrrany.

Forum List

Back