Why does the United States have the largest prison population in the world ?

Crack is so addictive that there are people who are addicted after one use.

No they just find they like it and use it repeatedly and it is the repeated use that causes addiction

If you feel the need to use it after the first time, you're addicted. Nobody smokes crack and says "That was pretty good, I'm sure it's okay for my health."

No you're not.

Addiction involves physical dependency.
You are not addicted to things you simply enjoy.

If that were the case every person who likes to have a drink would be labeled an alcoholic

No, alcohol is a social drink; one people often use at gatherings. Some people drink for taste alone. You can’t do that with heroin, coke, or meth.

Now if you’re not drinking for taste or to participate in festive activities, and you are drinking solely to get drunk, then yes, you are an alcoholic. If you need a drink, yes, you are an alcoholic.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
I disagree 100%.

Alcohol is a drug not unlike any other

When I was in my 20s and 30s I used cocaine and never got addicted. I used it every few months and even had the coke money figured into my budget. I would buy a couple 8 balls every 3 or 4 months and party for a few days. That is the very definition of recreational drug use.

And you would tell me the recreational use of coke is impossible. I'm telling you it isn't
You are right.

Are you one of those "We only have one Government " people?

Cities have jails/prisons. Counties have jails/prisons. States have jails/prisons. The federal government has prisons but use the above temporarily. Bet you think the federal government runs the schools in this country?

No one gets addicted after one use of anything.
Addiction takes time and repeated use to develop.

No they just find they like it and use it repeatedly and it is the repeated use that causes addiction

If you feel the need to use it after the first time, you're addicted. Nobody smokes crack and says "That was pretty good, I'm sure it's okay for my health."

No you're not.

If that were the case every person who likes to have a drink would be labeled an alcoholic

Or psychological.

No you're not.

No, alcohol is a social drink; one people often use at gatherings. Some people drink for taste alone. You can’t do that with heroin, coke, or meth.

Now if you’re not drinking for taste or to participate in festive activities, and you are drinking solely to get drunk, then yes, you are an alcoholic. If you need a drink, yes, you are an alcoholic.

I disagree 100%.

When I was in my 20s and 30s I used cocaine and never got addicted. I used it every few months and even had the coke money figured into my budget. I would buy a couple 8 balls every 3 or 4 months and party for a few days. That is the very definition of recreational drug use.

And you would tell me the recreational use of coke is impossible. I'm telling you it isn't

I never said it's impossible. What I said is that if you try something.....even once, and feel you must have it again, you are addicted. That's the definition of addiction.

Your usage was occasional use less recreational use. Recreational use simply means you are using something for enjoyment.

"overcrowded prisons" = reason to demand/STEAL more taxpayer funding....

No, overcrowded prisons means they don't have to lock up people for nothing. They don't have the room for that. If anything, they would benefit from having less people there so they have the room to lockup more criminals. In many places, judges are told to only send up the worst of the worst because there is no room. Judges hate to be put in that spot because if they sentence somebody to house arrest or probation, and they commit an even more violent crime (which has happened here a couple of times) it's their ass on the line. News organizations covers such stories very well.

Many judges are elected officials just like other politicians. When they run for reelection, the last thing they need is a terrible situation they were responsible for creating.

"California Justice" is an oxymoron,

Sincerely,

William Shatner
Harvey Weinstein
Kevin Spacey

It's no different than being a social drinker.

In fact I'll wager that my alcohol use is doing more lasting damage to my body than my cocaine use ever did.

I don't do coke any more and haven't for over 15 years but when I did it I had it completely under control

Anyone can do any drug occasionally and not get addicted

If cocaine is so safe, why did you quit? Go for it.

In fact I'll wager that my alcohol use is doing more lasting damage to my body than my cocaine use ever did.

I don't do coke any more and haven't for over 15 years but when I did it I had it completely under control

methinks-M.jpg

upload_2019-5-16_8-18-57.jpeg

If cocaine is so safe, why did you quit? Go for it.

Where did I ever say it was safe?

I said people can use it without getting addicted

And I stopped because I was at a point in my life where I had too much to lose if I ever got busted. I don't drink or eat as much junk food as I did 2 decades ago either.

Anyone can occasionally use a drug, any drug, and not get addicted

No you're not.

I disagree 100%.

I never said it's impossible. What I said is that if you try something.....even once, and feel you must have it again, you are addicted. That's the definition of addiction.

Your usage was occasional use less recreational use. Recreational use simply means you are using something for enjoyment.

That's your own made up definition.

Addiction is only caused by repeated use.

Let's check out California. There, the California Correctional Officers Union is the LARGEST POLITICAL DONOR as a single entity in the state... and they, the prison guards, START at $150000...

So why do we have so many laws and so many in prison??

Some in BIG GOVERNMENT MAKE MONEY... and others we elect SELL US OUT....

New Report Shows California Prisons Still Overcrowded
We should have no prison overcrowding during fire season.

Let's check out California. There, the California Correctional Officers Union is the LARGEST POLITICAL DONOR as a single entity in the state... and they, the prison guards, START at $150000...

What?

We offer more opportunity and liberties that anyone in the world and that requires discipline to abide by that. However we have at least one race that far disproportionately to percebtage of overall population cannot abide by the parameters of the afforded liberties.

What?
California militia should be fire suppression qualified.

Forum List

Back