Why does Trump want to remove security clearances for ex-intel officials?

Mike Rogers, a former Republican representative who chaired the House Intelligence Committee, told CNN last month: “The security clearance process is critical to keeping America’s secrets. Foreign intelligence services look for vulnerabilities in individuals with access to our most sensitive information. Not following the process is a disservice not only to the individual but to our countries security interests. It’s unusual that so many have taken so long.”

Of course, the White House is tight-lipped about both the security-clearance process and which members of the White House staff and administration do not have full clearance.

Still, we have to question the implications for our national security when even the president himself would not have security clearance if it didn’t automatically come with the job.

Trump also would not pass a full background check. There are things in his past that would render him ineligible for full security clearance. And yet, there he sits in the Oval Office—with access to our military secrets and the power to launch us into nuclear war.

Why would you think failed former President Barack Hussein Obama could pass any sort of security clearance. Compared to President Obama, President Trump has been a choir boy!

Compared to President Obama, President Trump has been a choir boy!

sure bud, tell it to the judge. :itsok:

alternativefacts-alternative-kale-15034879.png

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

You know he would like to.

I'll tell you why. We are here to stop him, the true patriots of this country.

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.
Trump's threat of pulling security clearances is simply because they have been critical of his actions. What difference does it make anyway? It's not like Trump or his people are going to shared anything with them and he can't shut them up.

Because they are now speaking politically...two of them are working for fake news CNN and MSNBC....Clapper and Brennan the Traitor....and one wrote an anti Trump book that didn't sell...Comey the Clown...

They have every right to speak politically. Security clearances should have nothing to do with politics. You are fake news.

But being unhinged and politically vindictive is a reason to terminate any set of clearances for a former head of a Govt agency. Wouldn't be tolerated when they were working, why should it be tolerated when they retire?

Those "courtesy clearances" are for using these people as consultants in special matters. If they are taking TV analyst jobs just to try and save their own asses and accusing the Prez of treason -- it kinda voids their usefulness as a "consultant" .. It's as simple as that.

"But being unhinged and politically vindictive is a reason...." :blahblah:

^ fools actually believe this fake news

They’re security clearances should be pulled, and Trump should immediately declassify that heavily redacted FISA warrant!

donny-liddle-hands can blow smoke and desperately pull all of the legal levers within his tiny grasp, but all the evidence of team traitor's high crimes and misdemeanors will still remain for the record... good luck with that!

WealthyReasonableDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

Former US intelligence chiefs expressed astonishment and condemnation
Monday in response to President Donald Trump's comments at Monday's news conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin, with former CIA Director John Brennan calling the US President's performance "nothing short of treasonous."

Following his one-on-one meeting with Putin in Helsinki, Finland, Trump declined to endorse the US intelligence community's assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 election over Putin's denial, saying the Russian President was "extremely strong and powerful" in his denial.

"Donald Trump's press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of 'high crimes & misdemeanors.' It was nothing short of treasonous," Brennan, a frequent critic of Trump who served as CIA chief from 2013 through January 2017, tweeted during the event. "Not only were Trump's comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???"

Donald Trump's press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of "high crimes & misdemeanors." It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump's comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???

— John O. Brennan (@JohnBrennan) July 16, 2018

Former Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Trump "failed America today," but stopped short of calling the President's behavior "treasonous."

"I would not have said it the way John (Brennan) said it. John can say it the way he wants to say it. But as to impeachment, we'll see how this plays out. That's a congressional responsibility and the Congress must do what they think is in the best interest of this country," Hagel told CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

"Since his election, revelations of Donald Trump’s contempt for the legal process have been dizzying. The rule of law is what protects democracy in the United States. The president has done everything possible to subvert it.

Congressional Republicans who stick by Trump and protect him will be remembered as the villains of Washington’s unfolding drama. They are the ones enabling an epic White House end run around the constitution.

Instead of holding Trump to account, Republicans are joining him in a cynical attempt to tarnish the FBI and undermine the criminal investigation into Russian election meddling."

Compared to President Obama, President Trump has been a choir boy!

sure bud, tell it to the judge. :itsok:

alternativefacts-alternative-kale-15034879.png

The mentor, as you know, of Barack Obama during all his years growing up in Hawaii was a sworn Communist from Chicago. What a coincidence! His name was Frank Marshall Davis. Obama's father was a Communist.

Frank Marshall
FrankMarshallDavis-Th.jpg

Valerie Jarrett's father was a radical communist in Chicago at the same time Frank Marshall was in Chicago. Both were radical journalists. Valerie Jarrett was, as you know, Obama's closest advisor for many years.

Valerie Jarrett
Obama-and-Valerie-Jarrett-AP-Photo-Jacquelyn-Martin-M.jpg

In Chicago, I wonder how he ended up in Chi-Town? Anyway, two longtime friends helped launch his political career in their living room. That would be Bill Ayres and Bernardine Dohrn, both founders of the Weather Underground. Guilty of numerous bombing and murder. The philosophy of Communism was their goal for America.

ayers_mug-S.jpg

If you recall, Van Jones, self-proclaimed Communist was President Obama's, Green Czar. Van Jones was also a strong supporter of a cop killer on death row

VanJones-S.jpg

Mumia abu-jama Cop Killer
mumia_murderer1-1-M.jpg

Then of course, there is the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, a racist, and bigot, who is a close friend of Minister Louis Farrakhan who traveled together to meet with Moammar Kadafi. You remember Rev. Wright, the Rev. who Obama claimed was like a member of his family and Obama was directed to his church. The Rev. Wright was the Obama's minister for over 20 years, married the Obama's and Baptized their two daughters.

rev-wright1-Th.jpg

when some shithole country gets a new dictator running the show the first thing they do is remove any power the former regime

nothing makes Trump any different from a third world thug.

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.

He is doing it to be a dick. Having a clearance and having access are not the same thing. I had a clearance for 6 years after I got out of the Corps, that did not mean I got to still look at classified material.

What most people do not understand is that there are two parts to getting to see classified materiel , first is the clearance and 2nd is the "need to know" as they say. Just having a TSI does not mean you get to look at any TS thing you want, you still have to have a reason for the access.

Most of us that have a clearance when we get out keep it as it is very valuable to civilian employers as they do not have to go thorough the time and expense to get you one if you need it for the job.

Comey is an admitted leaker. Why wasn't his clearance revoked immediately upon being fired?

..We are here to stop him, the true patriots of this country.

Eh, who is "we" exactly?

But besides that, if the orange clown had any sense he would have removed their security clearances immediately, these deep state creeps are the ones who tried to get the psycho princess crowned and are now calling him a traitor on their favorite MSM talkshows

:banana:

Fascist pigs like you should be in GITMO. They have committed any crimes except disagreeing with Trump. You throw around words like treason in a attempt to intimidate people. It does not work. Garbage like you have no place in this country.
You are as ignorant as you are opinionated.

Brennan, Clapped, Holder - all have been caught committing Perjury. Comey, McCabe, Strzok - all criminals. The US IG has already recommended McCabe for indictment....

Hillary illegally used an unauthorized unencrypted unsecured server containing TS information....jeopardizing / compromising national security. 6 foreign entities ended up with the TS data from her illegal server.

You can continue to attack me personally, but you can NOT erase the evidence that has been revealed.

Fascist pigs like you should be in GITMO. They have committed any crimes except disagreeing with Trump. You throw around words like treason in a attempt to intimidate people. It does not work. Garbage like you have no place in this country.
You are as ignorant as you are opinionated.

Brennan, Clapped, Holder - all have been caught committing Perjury. Comey, McCabe, Strzok - all criminals. The US IG has already recommended McCabe for indictment....

Hillary illegally used an unauthorized unencrypted unsecured server containing TS information....jeopardizing / compromising national security. 6 foreign entities ended up with the TS data from her illegal server.

You can continue to attack me personally, but you can NOT erase the evidence that has been revealed.

they are all going down about time

plus many more that have been involved

It’s threads like these that make glad that politics and usmb rank about 10th on my care list

He is moving to deactivate clearances from people who know longer have a need to know. This is a good thing, there are probably many people walking around with full access to classified information even though they have left the job that required it. That is a violation of the NISPOM. There should be a government audit to insure these clearances are deactivated.

Two of them no longer have Security Clearance. Comey and McCabe.

Clapper has never used his. Said it is just a courtesy, nothing more.

That leaves a couple and Brennan could care less.

Just another ignorant threat by Rand Paul and the idiot in the WH! Petty little men.

Makes you wonder what Paul did to his neighbor to make him angry enough to pummel Paul.

He is doing it to be a dick. Having a clearance and having access are not the same thing. I had a clearance for 6 years after I got out of the Corps, that did not mean I got to still look at classified material.

What most people do not understand is that there are two parts to getting to see classified materiel , first is the clearance and 2nd is the "need to know" as they say. Just having a TSI does not mean you get to look at any TS thing you want, you still have to have a reason for the access.

Most of us that have a clearance when we get out keep it as it is very valuable to civilian employers as they do not have to go thorough the time and expense to get you one if you need it for the job.
6 years ? A PR for a Top Secret is every 5.

I had a Secret when I got out.

We all know what your secret is and has been for quite a while. Being a flaming homosexual is not a big deal in the Marines. :D

With each post like this I understand a little bit more why you people worship Trump the way you that do.

You do that.

And if "ex" what do they need it for?

You do that.

And if "ex" what do they need it for?

Perhaps they are using them in their new jobs, it is very common and folks getting out of the military do it all the time. Already having a clearance makes one much more competitive in the job market.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back