Why Is Prostitution Illegal?

Hard to believe any girl or boy wishes when they were young to one day make a living by having strange sex with strangers.

True, but my point was that even though I don't condone it or recommend it, if two adults consent of it it is a victimless crime. Although now I can understand how other people on here were tying it into other crimes.

It's legal in 44 states to eat dogs

Only 44 states? The ballparks are going to go out of business at this rate.

360_F_107278417_c0OPuyMwlXof1lY4MX41tOt5DyiEHK1k.jpg

Then you personally support the abuse, oppression, and killing of women and children.

No, I don't. I explained why I think it should be legalized in my post. If it were legalized, then women working in that profession would have access to the legal system (i.e. police), and if it were regulated, that would crack down on a lot of the abuse. In other countries where it is legal, there is a lot less of the problems you speak of.

Although I believe very strongly in the fact that sex should only be when two people (a man and a woman) are in love, as long as they're both consenting adults I don't see what the issue is.

People (being adults) should feel free to live their own lives, and if that means having sex for money then so be it. Who would it harm?
There are places in Nevada where prostitution is legal.

Oldest profession on the planet. You would think the capitalists would be all over it. Virtually no overhead.
Alas, the authoritarians won this one as well.

Prostitution is illegal because those who write our laws are mostly church attending, and our laws often amount to a theocracy of sorts. Same with not being allowed to buy alcoholic beverages on Sunday in some jurisdictions.

Forum List

Back