Why stop at free college?

Good god...what a horrible view of our world

If you can't afford a decent standard of living....your problem loser

In the richest country in the world

If that's what you believe, then why should government pay for anyone to go to college? Isn't it "their problem?"

It is something that benefits society....you might even say it helps the General Welfare

The average person gives a rats ass about society when choosing a carreer. Think about that for a moment. In fact, I can't think of anyone who gets a job in order to benefit society. They do it for themselves and nothing else.

I guess we should roll back our hero worship of our military people then.

It doesn't take long to go back to GI bashing does it?

You're the one who said people join the military for themselves and nothing else.

12715610_1036613986381712_8280331655564128528_n.jpg
Good god...what a horrible view of our world

If you can't afford a decent standard of living....your problem loser

In the richest country in the world

If that's what you believe, then why should government pay for anyone to go to college? Isn't it "their problem?"

It is something that benefits society....you might even say it helps the General Welfare

The average person gives a rats ass about society when choosing a carreer. Think about that for a moment. In fact, I can't think of anyone who gets a job in order to benefit society. They do it for themselves and nothing else.
Damn boy...

Are you ever thick
All jobs benefit society in their own way. Having an educated workforce benefits a society more than having an illiterate one wouldn't you agree?

That is why my employer ask me "How do you think this job will benefit society?". We have a need to feed ourselves which drives us to get money. We don't have a need to feed society.

You either want a society where all kids get an opportunity for a basic education or you don't. That's all this amounts to.

College is "basic education" now?

Given the value of an education beyond K - 12 nowadays for economic opportunity in the US today I'd say yes definitely.
I include post HS vocational/trade education in that, btw.

Not everyone can complete college and that is the truth.

That's true. College is not for everyone. But if some kid has the brainpower in the drive should be shut out of college because he can't afford it?

I was at my physician's office a while back. While there, he received a telephone call from a local plumber who was doing some work at the doctor's home. When the doctor finished talking to the plumber, he hung up the phone. The doctor then exclaimed to me, "Damn! That guy makes more money than I do." He wasn't kidding either.

You're the one who said people join the military for themselves and nothing else.

I have never known a soldier who will work for free. That was one of the many problems facing the American patriots during the revolutionary war. Many were not paid and deserted.

Why would you assume that he hasn't?

You never did answer the question posed...do you know what the primary reason given by those dropping out of college?

To be perfectly frank Scarlet, I don't give a damn what the primary reason is. It matters not in the least. The fact is 1/3 drop out which means that 1/3 of the taxpayers' money will be wasted.

Well, thanks for falling right in to that one, Nancy.

The primary reason that people drop out of college is the cost.
Bullshit. The primary reason people drop out is they lose the motivation to see it through. Both my daughters made it through on scholarships and grants by keeping their grades up.

Nope. You are talking out of your ass.

And....thank the benefactors who helped pay for your daughters to attend college. That would be those who care about the future of this nation.
They EARNED those scholarships and grants by keeping their grades up dumass. Now, say it with me shitforbrains - EARN. Now, let's use it in a sentence: responsible people EARN what they they want in life; not expecting free handouts just for existing.

Sorry. You are fooling yourself. I'm sure your girls are wonderful. But...they are no better and work no harder than many who don't have the opportunity that they have had. You shouldn't pretend that they are.

You either want a society where all kids get an opportunity for a basic education or you don't. That's all this amounts to.

Given the value of an education beyond K - 12 nowadays for economic opportunity in the US today I'd say yes definitely.

That's true. College is not for everyone. But if some kid has the brainpower in the drive should be shut out of college because he can't afford it?

The kid who can drive a truck for a living shouldn't be shut out because he can't afford it.

If some kid has the brain power and can't afford it that kid takes out loans, gets the degree and then repays the loans. It's been going on for quite awhile now....or of the kid has that brain power there are scholarships as well

I guess we should get rid of the G.I. Bill while we are at it too. I mean what's the point of paying for their college education? Right?

The kid who can drive a truck for a living shouldn't be shut out because he can't afford it.

If he has a CDL and is working for one of the major carriers, he is probably knocking down close to $70K a year already.

Wonder if Bernie has any idea why college has become so expensive.....

Bernie was on welfare himself until he was forty years of age. Bernie has never earned a living. He's like Obama. He never ran a business and never really got any of his own Bills passed in his 25 years of Congress.

Said the guy who grew up when we had a middle class created by liberals.

To be perfectly frank Scarlet, I don't give a damn what the primary reason is. It matters not in the least. The fact is 1/3 drop out which means that 1/3 of the taxpayers' money will be wasted.

Well, thanks for falling right in to that one, Nancy.

The primary reason that people drop out of college is the cost.
Bullshit. The primary reason people drop out is they lose the motivation to see it through. Both my daughters made it through on scholarships and grants by keeping their grades up.

Nope. You are talking out of your ass.

And....thank the benefactors who helped pay for your daughters to attend college. That would be those who care about the future of this nation.
They EARNED those scholarships and grants by keeping their grades up dumass. Now, say it with me shitforbrains - EARN. Now, let's use it in a sentence: responsible people EARN what they they want in life; not expecting free handouts just for existing.

Sorry. You are fooling yourself. I'm sure your girls are wonderful. But...they are no better and work no harder than many who don't have the opportunity that they have had. You shouldn't pretend that they are.

What is it like to live in a world where you can prosper without effort? It must be great to live in your world where one can sit on their ass and prosper.

I guess we should get rid of the G.I. Bill while we are at it too. I mean what's the point of paying for their college education? Right?

GI bills are earned...don't even go there

He has the military option. It's working for thousands of young men and women right now. The military will train you to be a nurse, an Xray technician, a diesel mechanic, an air traffic controller and a thousand other occupations. One can always find an excuse for himself.

GI bills are earned...don't even go there
I love teasing you lass. Because you totally flip on issues if were talking about the military.

Forum List

Back