Why the fuck aren't we stopping all passengers from IBOLA infected regions?

Some are being willfully ignorant here.

1. You can simultaneously ban flights by restricting anyone who is not healthcare and emergency workers to fly while allowing emergency supplies in. If they (you) dont think that both can be done, they (you) give no credit to (yourself) themselves or other humans, for that matter.

2. You can port individuals from infected areas for 21 days in the connecting region. If cleared, they can come here. If not cleared, they remain in belgium, with our support medical staff.

3. You can port the individuals in a quarantined area based in airports or in a non infected region, and after 21 days get cleared.

Last edited:

I can just point at the results:
  • 5,000+ American soldiers dead
  • 32,000+ American soldiers wounded & maimed
  • Thousands more American soldiers damaged mentally
  • Tens of thousands of American families damaged beyond repair
  • Trillions of borrowed dollars wasted
  • Thousands upon thousands of net new Jihadi recruits
  • Iran emboldened once Saddam was eliminated
  • Iraq now a terrorist Disneyland
  • The Taliban returning to power in Afghanistan
Pretty easy. Pretty obvious.

One guy, one Commander in Chief, had the final decision to put us there.

No amount of spin, finger-pointing or deflection can change that fact.

no president can enter a war without funding and authization from congress. Bush had both. Both parties authorized and funded it. They are all guilty.

To say that Bush did it solely on his own if just stupid partisan bullshit.

That's not what I said.

I said "one guy, one Commander in Chief, had the final decision to put us there."

Was I wrong?

Yes or no?

NO, you are wrong, he could not have "put us there" without authorization and funding from congress.

You're playing games.

Bush had the final decision, he could have said "no" even with funding and authority.

He made the final call.

of course he did, but he could not have made that call without authorization and funding from congress. Congress had the exact same intel that Bush and the UN had and they all came to the same conclusions.

your premise that Bush got us into the stupid iraq fiasco solely on his own is historically inaccurate.

Once again, that's not what I said.

1. You can simultaneously ban flights by restricting anyone who is not a healthcare and emergency workers to fly while allowing emergency supplies in. If they dont think that both can be done, they give no credit to themselves or other himans, for that matter.

2. You can port individuals from infected areas for 21 days in the connecting region. If cleared, they can come here. If not cleared, they remain in belgium, with our support medical staff.

3. You can port the individuals in a quarantined area based in airports or in a non infected region, and after 21 days get cleared.

But that might offend someone, and we can't do that now can we? :biggrin:

1. You can simultaneously ban flights by restricting anyone who is not a healthcare and emergency workers to fly while allowing emergency supplies in. If they dont think that both can be done, they give no credit to themselves or other himans, for that matter.

But that might offend someone, and we can't do that now can we? :biggrin:

So true.

Isnt that insane? Theyd rather be test dummies for ebola, than admit that they were wrong on this one.

And if they want America to be a free for all, they should at least allot for an incubation period.

We need enough time to make sure our hospitals are prepared at least a 30 day ban

no president can enter a war without funding and authization from congress. Bush had both. Both parties authorized and funded it. They are all guilty.

To say that Bush did it solely on his own if just stupid partisan bullshit.

That's not what I said.

I said "one guy, one Commander in Chief, had the final decision to put us there."

Was I wrong?

Yes or no?

NO, you are wrong, he could not have "put us there" without authorization and funding from congress.

You're playing games.

Bush had the final decision, he could have said "no" even with funding and authority.

He made the final call.

of course he did, but he could not have made that call without authorization and funding from congress. Congress had the exact same intel that Bush and the UN had and they all came to the same conclusions.

your premise that Bush got us into the stupid iraq fiasco solely on his own is historically inaccurate.

actually it is. You said:

"I said "one guy, one Commander in Chief, had the final decision to put us there."
implying that it was his decision and his alone, while the truth is that it was a congressional decision that he implemented. And yes, he supported it. So did the UN, UK, EU, France, Germany, SAudi Arabia, Israel, Japan, Spain, Poland., Russia et, al.

That's not what I said.

Was I wrong?

Yes or no?

You're playing games.

He made the final call.

"I said "one guy, one Commander in Chief, had the final decision to put us there."
implying that it was his decision and his alone, while the truth is that it was a congressional decision that he implemented. And yes, he supported it. So did the UN, UK, EU, France, Germany, SAudi Arabia, Israel, Japan, Spain, Poland., Russia et, al.

Please note the word "final".

I try to choose my words carefully.

You're playing games.

He made the final call.

yes, he could have ignored congress, the UN, and the rest of the world and refused to act on congressional authorization and funding. You are really desperate, aren't you?

Why the hell are you guys talking about Bush & the Iraq war???

libs like to change the subject when they are losing the debate.

back to the OP. Commercial flights FROM Liberia and Sierra Leone should have been stopped weeks ago. The Dallas infections would not have occurred if that had been done.

BUT, those on the left would have cried discrimination and racism if the US had done that. So, here we sit with a possible deadly epidemic, but we feel good because we didn't hurt anyones feelings. This country has lost its mind.

If EBOLA can only be spread via physical contact & cannot survive outside of the host body WHY are they cleaning out the apartments & destroying the property of those afflicted with it?

Obama lies, his staff lies, the CDC lies, liberals lie. Either that, or they are hopelessly ignorant.

What is truly disturbing is that people seem to be putting their partisanship and political correctness BEFORE the health of our citizens. Honestly, I don't care if it disrupts somebody's business or not; that should not be a factor when it comes to a deadly virus that has reached pandemic proportions. I don't care if Obama says he hugs and kisses nurses who have treated Ebola patients. WHY is he telling us that?
It has not reached pandemic proportions. What has reach pandemic proportions is the hysteria and fear mongering.

Once a disease spreads from continent to continent, it is considered a pandemic. I don't know why people are insisting upon minimizing it. It is a serious disease that kills 60% to 70% of the people who contract it.

And yet, on a list of killer diseases in Africa, Ebola comes in dead last.

You're playing games.

He made the final call.

yes, he could have ignored congress, the UN, and the rest of the world and refused to act on congressional authorization and funding. You are really desperate, aren't you?

Just pointing out the facts.

I'm glad you finally admit I'm right, after all the games.

I'm also glad I don't have to defend this disaster.

What is truly disturbing is that people seem to be putting their partisanship and political correctness BEFORE the health of our citizens. Honestly, I don't care if it disrupts somebody's business or not; that should not be a factor when it comes to a deadly virus that has reached pandemic proportions. I don't care if Obama says he hugs and kisses nurses who have treated Ebola patients. WHY is he telling us that?
It has not reached pandemic proportions. What has reach pandemic proportions is the hysteria and fear mongering.

Once a disease spreads from continent to continent, it is considered a pandemic. I don't know why people are insisting upon minimizing it. It is a serious disease that kills 60% to 70% of the people who contract it.

Yes, last but this is the largest outbreak ever and we were lucky before. Perhaps some of the other areas werre more isolated. think we are in uncharted territory right now with this disease. Lets just hope it stays last

Yes, last but this is the largest outbreak ever and we were lucky before. Perhaps some of the other areas werre more isolated. think we are in uncharted territory right now with this disease. Lets just hope it stays last

I don't disagree. I just think it needs to be kept in perspective wrt the real killers in Africa, like HIV, malaria, and diarrhea.

Forum List

Back