Why We Are Not Making Progress Against Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just about getting even with whites, ANY whites. You're just another angry racist. That you think that your kind will get their way EVER in this country is flat out delusional.

White boy have you lost your mind? Do you think you have the right to do to people what whites have done and we just take it? And why should we not have economic parity with whites?

Taking my money for some bullshit reason, in not economic parity, it is racial oppression, with you as the oppressor.

Shut the fuck up idiot.

NO. You having the power to take my money, which is what you want, is not economic parity.

It is racial oppression.

You want oppression. You are against Freedom and Equality.

You whites have taken our money for now 241 years.

YOu vastly overestimate my age.

I've taken nothing from you, Tyrant.

Your desire to justify your oppression based on my skin color and not any actions of mine, just shows what a racist you are.

I look forward to when you and yours try to actually do this.

It will be a very nice wake up call to all those stupid whites that think that Civil Rights is still about fighting against white racism and for racial equality.

Fucking dumbasses. I will laugh and laugh at them.

In 2018, it's time we become better informed. Some of the things I read in here makes no sense. Zero nada, zilch.

At this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,” stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obama’s first election, many Americans—on the left, right, and center—agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americans—especially rich, white Americans—greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measure—wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealth—the value of assets minus debts—is the most important measure of a family’s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents. "

" For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites.
Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a “conversation on race” is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americans’ information bubbles. "

This is America to hear most of you tell it, we should be way beyond this.

Institutional, and systematic racism is a thing of the past. PERIOD.
Individual attitudes have worsened slightly since Obama became President and acted stupidly right off the bat as well as Michelle's infamous "I am for the first time in my life proud to be an America..." unbelievably bad statement.
The only thing today that is creating racial tension is the unending race baiting and erroneous racist claims that white people are loooong tired of.

When you have an entire race with an average IQ in the low eighties trying to live in a world of people with an average IQ around 115 or higher you've got a problem.
In fact everyone has a problem.............which is what we have.
The US education system was designed for students with an average IQ around 115 or higher to succeed.
And people wonder why a race of people with an average IQ in the low eighties can't seem to function in an education setting.

upload_2018-4-11_10-7-29.png

An American Tragedy: The legacy of slavery lingers in our cities’ ghettos

The United States of America, “a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal,” began as a slave society. What can rightly be called the “original sin” slavery has left an indelible imprint on our nationa’s soul. A terrible price had to be paid, in a tragic, calamitous civil war, before this new democracy could be rid of that most undemocratic institution. But for black Americans the end of slavery was just the beginning of our quest for democratic equality; another century would pass before the nation came fully to embrace that goal. Even now millions of Americans recognizably of African descent languish in societal backwaters. What does this say about our civic culture as we enter a new century?

More.

For years, liberal advocates of blacks’ interests tried to deny that meaningful change was occurring. That assessment has always had problems, in my view. In any event, it is no longer tenable. Now the dominant voices on this subject come from right of center. They seem decidedly unfriendly to black aspirations. With great fanfare, these conservatives declare the historic battle against racial caste to have been won. They go on to say that, but for the behavioral dysfunction of the black poor and the misguided demands for affirmative action from a race-obsessed black middle class, our “problem of the color line” could be put behind us. Abigail and Stephan Thernstrom, with their new book, America in Black and White: One Nation, Indivisible, offer a prime example of this mode of assessment. This line of argument should not be permitted to shape our national understanding of these matters.

More.

The problem with talk about black culture, black crime, and black illegitimacy, as explanatory categories in the hands of the morally obtuse, is that it becomes an exculpatory device–a way of avoiding a discussion of mutual obligation. It is a distressing fact about contemporary American politics that simply to make this point is to risk being dismissed as an apologist for the inexcusable behavior of the poor. The deeper moral failing lies with those who, declaring “we have done all we can,” would wash their hands of the poor.

It is morally and intellectually superficial in the extreme to begin and end one’s argument with the observation that the problems of the underclass are due to their high rates of criminal behavior and out-of-wedlock births, and not to white racism. But this is what political discourse assessing the status of blacks has come to.

More.

The conservatives deny this. They rationalize the nasty, brutish, and short lives of a sizable minority of the black population as reflecting blacks’ deficiencies, rather than revealing any flaw in “our way of life.” Nowhere is the ideological character of this stance more clearly revealed than in the conservatives’ celebration of immigrant success, over and against native black failure. That nonwhite immigrants succeed is taken as a vindication of the system; that blacks fail is said to be due entirely to their own inadequacies. This is obscenely ahistorical.

An American Tragedy: The legacy of slavery lingers in our cities’ ghettos

Mules can't talk. If they could, mules might ask for reparations too. Personally, I haven't been a big proponent of reparations because I
am successful. But I do think the charges promulgated by the UN on behalf of Black Americans should be brought before the World Court. Let the best legal minds decide on a world stage if the statute of limitations expired with the passing of the last victim of chattle slavery. Let them consider the impact actions sanctioned by the US government and various state governments had on Blacks during and after slavery that still resonate today. The verdict would entail far more complexity than mere dismissal by a simple sentence such as " even a mule knows not to seek money for something that didn't haoppen to him.."
The US doesn't abide by the World Court. Better luck next time.

As for blacks seeking reparation for things that never happened to them, it's a non-starter. My white ancestors were serfs back in the old country, as a white person, I don't own anyone anything. Same goes for every white person alive today. They had nothing to do with it either, so why should they pay?

And anyways, what do you call food stamps, medicare and welfare? Sounds like some sort of on-going reparations.
The World Court will still be around 50 years from now when whites are a minority in this country. The WC might be more powerful as a result by then. Or..maybe egalitarianism might eliminate the need or desire for reparations by then.
It's just about getting even with whites, ANY whites. You're just another angry racist. That you think that your kind will get their way EVER in this country is flat out delusional.

White boy have you lost your mind? Do you think you have the right to do to people what whites have done and we just take it? And why should we not have economic parity with whites?

Taking my money for some bullshit reason, in not economic parity, it is racial oppression, with you as the oppressor.
Your money? I don't see your name on any money. But, just so you know...I dont need or want your money. I have made enough on my own. You're talking to the wrong man.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
In 2018, it's time we become better informed. Some of the things I read in here makes no sense. Zero nada, zilch.

At this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,” stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obama’s first election, many Americans—on the left, right, and center—agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americans—especially rich, white Americans—greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measure—wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealth—the value of assets minus debts—is the most important measure of a family’s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents. "

" For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites.
Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a “conversation on race” is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americans’ information bubbles. "

This is America to hear most of you tell it, we should be way beyond this.

Institutional, and systematic racism is a thing of the past. PERIOD.
Individual attitudes have worsened slightly since Obama became President and acted stupidly right off the bat as well as Michelle's infamous "I am for the first time in my life proud to be an America..." unbelievably bad statement.
The only thing today that is creating racial tension is the unending race baiting and erroneous racist claims that white people are loooong tired of.

You are wrong. PERIOD.

Your little section of white people do not represent the entire race. That's what you pussies say all the time when we bring up white racism. But now you can lump all whites into the same basket at your convenience.

Fuck that.

As for blacks seeking reparation for things that never happened to them, it's a non-starter. My white ancestors were serfs back in the old country, as a white person, I don't own anyone anything. Same goes for every white person alive today. They had nothing to do with it either, so why should they pay?

And anyways, what do you call food stamps, medicare and welfare? Sounds like some sort of on-going reparations.
The World Court will still be around 50 years from now when whites are a minority in this country. The WC might be more powerful as a result by then. Or..maybe egalitarianism might eliminate the need or desire for reparations by then.

Your money? I don't see your name on any money. But, just so you know...I dont need or want your money. I have made enough on my own. You're talking to the wrong man.

1. Your communist belief that the money I have belongs to the government is noted and held against you, commie.

2. I was talking to IM2, and he was clear that he wants my money, based on his skin being black and mine being white.

3. If you don't support such racial oppression, then good for you. Despite all your other, many failings.

When you have an entire race with an average IQ in the low eighties trying to live in a world of people with an average IQ around 115 or higher you've got a problem.
The US education system was designed for students with an average IQ around 115 or higher to succeed.
And people wonder why a race of people with an average IQ in the low eighties can't seem to function in an education setting.

Don't be so fatalistic about you and your family. I believe you can achieve great things.....if you just believe. However, with that self defeating attitude you and your family will never amount to anything.

I am pulling for you....little buckaroo.

1. Your communist belief that the money I have belongs to the government is noted and held against you, commie.

2. I was talking to IM2, and he was clear that he wants my money, based on his skin being black and mine being white.

3. If you don't support such racial oppression, then good for you. Despite all your other, many failings.

You are dumb. Human rights violations were committed against us by those looking like you and those looking like you made laws to allow it.

Serfs and peasants were not slaves even though their lives weren't any better than the lives of sharecroppers. But the government that ruled over them was feudal and is not the same entity today as it was then. There is no living document, such as our US Constitution, binding the feudal government to the present social democracy of many European nations.

And anyways, what do you call food stamps, medicare and welfare? Sounds like some sort of on-going reparations
Welfare serves relatively few Americans..black or white....but. More whites benefirt from welfare than blacks...including White owned businesses where welfare recipients shop.
So do you think that since my white ancestors had nothing to do with slavery that I should still have to pay black people for something that neither one of us was involved in? And why?
Did you miss this? Here it is again:

"Serfs and peasants were not slaves even though their lives weren't any better than the lives of sharecroppers. But the government that ruled over them was feudal and is not the same entity today as it was then. There is no living document, such as our US Constitution, binding the feudal government to the present social democracy of many European nations."

I've already explained the living document/white citizen nexus earlier. Go dig it out if you need more clarification.

IQ tests have been shown to be inaccurate measurements of intelligence. Try using another argument.

It was to show that even a mule would know not to ask for money for things that didn't happen to them.

Mules can't talk. If they could, mules might ask for reparations too. Personally, I haven't been a big proponent of reparations because I
am successful. But I do think the charges promulgated by the UN on behalf of Black Americans should be brought before the World Court. Let the best legal minds decide on a world stage if the statute of limitations expired with the passing of the last victim of chattle slavery. Let them consider the impact actions sanctioned by the US government and various state governments had on Blacks during and after slavery that still resonate today. The verdict would entail far more complexity than mere dismissal by a simple sentence such as " even a mule knows not to seek money for something that didn't haoppen to him.."

If by "getting even" you mean attaining collective socio economic parity with whites, I guess you're right. However, that really has no personal benefit for me since i already have nominal wealth. But I do advocate equality for all who strive for it regardless of race and gender.
No, you were talking about getting even with all whites through the WC.

It was to show that even a mule would know not to ask for money for things that didn't happen to them.

Because you're all allergic to hard work.

Serfs and peasants were not slaves even though their lives weren't any better than the lives of sharecroppers. But the government that ruled over them was feudal and is not the same entity today as it was then. There is no living document, such as our US Constitution, binding the feudal government to the present social democracy of many European nations.

And anyways, what do you call food stamps, medicare and welfare? Sounds like some sort of on-going reparations
Welfare serves relatively few Americans..black or white....but. More whites benefirt from welfare than blacks...including White owned businesses where welfare recipients shop.
So do you think that since my white ancestors had nothing to do with slavery that I should still have to pay black people for something that neither one of us was involved in? And why?

You white ancestors had nothing to do with what happened to he Native Americans but you pay up every year. But since the issue is more than slavery your argument has no merit.
Treaty obligations are not reparations, but you're too stoopid to know that.

Shut the fuck up idiot.

NO. You having the power to take my money, which is what you want, is not economic parity.

It is racial oppression.

Your desire to justify your oppression based on my skin color and not any actions of mine, just shows what a racist you are.

It will be a very nice wake up call to all those stupid whites that think that Civil Rights is still about fighting against white racism and for racial equality.

You are about as stupid a person as I have ever read. I've overestimated your age, that's a dumbfuck reply.

We are talking about a macro level problem If you can't do that, shut up.

Did you miss this? Here it is again:

"Serfs and peasants were not slaves even though their lives weren't any better than the lives of sharecroppers. But the government that ruled over them was feudal and is not the same entity today as it was then. There is no living document, such as our US Constitution, binding the feudal government to the present social democracy of many European nations."

I've already explained the living document/white citizen nexus earlier. Go dig it out if you need more clarification.
So you're wrong twice, what does that prove?

Because you're all allergic to hard work.

LOL! Coming from a descendant of people given everything by the government, that's rich.

You white ancestors had nothing to do with what happened to he Native Americans but you pay up every year. But since the issue is more than slavery your argument has no merit.
Treaty obligations are not reparations, but you're too stoopid to know that.

Actually they are.

You are dumb. Human rights violations were committed against us by those looking like you and those looking like you made laws to allow it.

1. Against you? Unlikely.

2. And my sharing a skin tone with those who did human rights violations, generations ago, means nothing. I am not responsible for their actions any more than I am for Jane Fonda's (who also shares a similar skin tone)

Nothing Jane Fonda has ever done reflects on me, and visa versa.

You want racial oppression against whites.

And I wonder where all the white libs are. What do they think of this?

Or the "moderates"? LOL!!

Those tare the real dumbasses. That think that you are harmless and can be safely ignored and coddled.

Shut the fuck up idiot.

It is racial oppression.

You are about as stupid a person as I have ever read. I've overestimated your age, that's a dumbfuck reply.

We are talking about a macro level problem If you can't do that, shut up.

What we are talking about, is your desire for racial oppression.

YOu say "racial economic parity", but talk of giving yourself the Right to other people's property, denying them their rights, based on skin color.

Liberals. All the self awareness of a potted plant.

297350-Leafy-Plant-Pot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back