🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why We Are Not Making Progress Against Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for blacks seeking reparation for things that never happened to them, it's a non-starter. My white ancestors were serfs back in the old country, as a white person, I don't own anyone anything. Same goes for every white person alive today. They had nothing to do with it either, so why should they pay?
Serfs and peasants were not slaves even though their lives weren't any better than the lives of sharecroppers. But the government that ruled over them was feudal and is not the same entity today as it was then. There is no living document, such as our US Constitution, binding the feudal government to the present social democracy of many European nations.

And anyways, what do you call food stamps, medicare and welfare? Sounds like some sort of on-going reparations
Welfare serves relatively few Americans..black or white....but. More whites benefirt from welfare than blacks...including White owned businesses where welfare recipients shop.

I don't play grammar Nazi or I'd be posting all of what you write.

Of course you do, and it’s particularly idiotic coming from you :rolleyes:

Tilly you are too damn dumb tp argue with me. By rights I should bill you for my time.
..blacks graduate at lower levels
..commit crime at higher levels
..they are ''dumber'' and their culture is ''dumber''--obviously
..and you can't use slavery as an excuse because the Africans were not as advanced as the whites in the first place
So what makes you superior to Ben Carson or Barrack Obama?

Oh really?

African immigrants now West's new “model minority”?

Obviously, you don't get out much.
What do Africans immigrants have to do with reparations?
I was addressing your racist inference that mules are smarter than blacks. I was in a hurry at the time and just threw that link out there to counter your insinuation. BTW., what did your smart assed quip have to do with reparations?
It was to show that even a mule would know not to ask for money for things that didn't happen to them.

Mules can't talk. If they could, mules might ask for reparations too. Personally, I haven't been a big proponent of reparations because I
am successful. But I do think the charges promulgated by the UN on behalf of Black Americans should be brought before the World Court. Let the best legal minds decide on a world stage if the statute of limitations expired with the passing of the last victim of chattle slavery. Let them consider the impact actions sanctioned by the US government and various state governments had on Blacks during and after slavery that still resonate today. The verdict would entail far more complexity than mere dismissal by a simple sentence such as " even a mule knows not to seek money for something that didn't haoppen to him.."
The US doesn't abide by the World Court. Better luck next time.

As for blacks seeking reparation for things that never happened to them, it's a non-starter. My white ancestors were serfs back in the old country, as a white person, I don't own anyone anything. Same goes for every white person alive today. They had nothing to do with it either, so why should they pay?

And anyways, what do you call food stamps, medicare and welfare? Sounds like some sort of on-going reparations.

What do you call the annual payments you make to Native American tribes?

Well, IM2, I think you've done a great job in this thread showing why we aren't making progress on racism. I've learned a lot.

What we see here are whites like yourself who refuse accept the fact thy have a responsibility to nd the problem they created. .
I didn’t create anything. Like you, I am only responsible for my own actions.

Whites did create this mess and you taking about what you did not do is irrelevant. As a person you do have a responsibility to end white racism. We did not create world hunger either but we all have a responsibility to do our part to end it.
As a person, I have a moral responsibility to fight against injustice, inequality, cruelty when I see it. For anyone, not just “white” racism. As a person you have the same.

But I am not responsible for what people in the past did, only for my own actions and to try to do what I can to make the world better within the means I have. And that includes fighting racism.

Hate to tell you but you benefit from what people in the past did. And I should not have to continue to suffer for what was done in the past because you want to keep benefitting.

White devils are not in the same group as White abolitionists.
No one alive today is in either group. Sucks to be you :tongue:

Whites today benefit from the racism. It must suck to be dumb.
Blacks today benefit from affirmative action. That’s racism, yet you still whine and play the victim and can’t get on in life.
You get a leg up but still fail - that must make you exceptionally dumb.

White women benefit from AA in greater numbers but some would complain about qualified blacks using it. I suspect white men are instigating behind the scenes to create conflict between AA beneficiaries. But don't you dare throw the spurious "merit" argument at me. Not when Asians have at least one suit pending in regards to lower scoring whites being given preference in college admissions over them.
There’s nothing spurious about merit - but yes - it is something perpetual victims don’t seem to value. I’m against all AA - it’s racism/genderism etc.
And at least ‘one pending suit’ - wow - you’re really onto something there!
Keep up the good work :wink:
The word "merit" was used as an adjective not a noun in the sentence you are referring to. The direct object of the verb throw in the sentence is the term argument.

And the perpetual victims are the idiots claiming victimization by Affirmative Action.
One pending lawsuit certainly was significant for BAKKE. One lawsuit can change everything if the plaintiff wins.

Last edited:
I was addressing your racist inference that mules are smarter than blacks. I was in a hurry at the time and just threw that link out there to counter your insinuation. BTW., what did your smart assed quip have to do with reparations?
It was to show that even a mule would know not to ask for money for things that didn't happen to them.

Mules can't talk. If they could, mules might ask for reparations too. Personally, I haven't been a big proponent of reparations because I
am successful. But I do think the charges promulgated by the UN on behalf of Black Americans should be brought before the World Court. Let the best legal minds decide on a world stage if the statute of limitations expired with the passing of the last victim of chattle slavery. Let them consider the impact actions sanctioned by the US government and various state governments had on Blacks during and after slavery that still resonate today. The verdict would entail far more complexity than mere dismissal by a simple sentence such as " even a mule knows not to seek money for something that didn't haoppen to him.."

And anyways, what do you call food stamps, medicare and welfare? Sounds like some sort of on-going reparations.
The World Court will still be around 50 years from now when whites are a minority in this country. The WC might be more powerful as a result by then. Or..maybe egalitarianism might eliminate the need or desire for reparations by then.
It's just about getting even with whites, ANY whites. You're just another angry racist. That you think that your kind will get their way EVER in this country is flat out delusional.

Serfs and peasants were not slaves even though their lives weren't any better than the lives of sharecroppers. But the government that ruled over them was feudal and is not the same entity today as it was then. There is no living document, such as our US Constitution, binding the feudal government to the present social democracy of many European nations.

And anyways, what do you call food stamps, medicare and welfare? Sounds like some sort of on-going reparations
Welfare serves relatively few Americans..black or white....but. More whites benefirt from welfare than blacks...including White owned businesses where welfare recipients shop.
So do you think that since my white ancestors had nothing to do with slavery that I should still have to pay black people for something that neither one of us was involved in? And why?

What do you call the annual payments you make to Native American tribes?
Treaty obligations?

The World Court will still be around 50 years from now when whites are a minority in this country. The WC might be more powerful as a result by then. Or..maybe egalitarianism might eliminate the need or desire for reparations by then.
It's just about getting even with whites, ANY whites. You're just another angry racist. That you think that your kind will get their way EVER in this country is flat out delusional.
If by "getting even" you mean attaining collective socio economic parity with whites, I guess you're right. However, that really has no personal benefit for me since i already have nominal wealth. But I do advocate equality for all who strive for it regardless of race and gender.

Last edited:
We can do that.....but for them to get the money to pay us for reparations, they will have to seek reparations from white colonizers who took much of the mineral wealth, and profits from it. The thing is that many of the tribes that raided and captured other tribes to sell.....where eventually captured and sold as slaves......or colonized by Europeans.
Reparations would not be workable.

They are workable for Native Americans. Annually.
That isn’t reparations.

Yes they are reparations. .When you pay money t repair damages caused by wrong doing, which is what the payments to Native Americans are, it is reparations.
Specifically what are they getting?

There is a trust fund for tribes in the black hills that stands at over 100 billion and rises very year. There have been congressional acts specifically targeting money for Native American economic development. Native American Tribes do pay US taxes. Maybe you need to read up about the Cobell v Salazar settlement which are reparations paid to Native Americans affected by the Dawes Act. Were you alive during the Dawes act? I don't think so. I would agree with your argument against reparations had no one ever got reparations, but that's not the case. Every group that has been wronged by our government has received reparations but blacks.

White boy have you lost your mind? Do you think you have the right to do to people what whites have done and we just take it? And why should we not have economic parity with whites?

White boy have you lost your mind? Do you think you have the right to do to people what whites have done and we just take it? And why should we not have economic parity with whites?

Taking my money for some bullshit reason, in not economic parity, it is racial oppression, with you as the oppressor.

So do you think that since my white ancestors had nothing to do with slavery that I should still have to pay black people for something that neither one of us was involved in? And why?

You white ancestors had nothing to do with what happened to he Native Americans but you pay up every year. But since the issue is more than slavery your argument has no merit.

Taking my money for some bullshit reason, in not economic parity, it is racial oppression, with you as the oppressor.

Shut the fuck up idiot.

You white ancestors had nothing to do with what happened to he Native Americans but you pay up every year. But since the issue is more than slavery your argument has no merit.

Even IF the situation with the Indians is as you say, that does not justify your claim on my money.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Shut the fuck up idiot.

NO. You having the power to take my money, which is what you want, is not economic parity.

It is racial oppression.

You want oppression. You are against Freedom and Equality.

Even IF the situation with the Indians is as you say, that does not justify your claim on my money.

The only wrong here are the human rights violations this government has heaped upon back people.

Shut the fuck up idiot.

NO. You having the power to take my money, which is what you want, is not economic parity.

It is racial oppression.

You want oppression. You are against Freedom and Equality.

You whites have taken our money for now 241 years.

The only wrong here are the human rights violations this government has heaped upon back people.

Your justifications for your desire for racial oppression are of no interest to anyone, other than your fellow racial demagogues.

I will burn my money before I give it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back