🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why We Are Not Making Progress Against Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrote this a couple years ago...didn't get much traction...

The past is prologue.

It's a classic "sins of the father" scenario.

Slavery to Jim Crow to Separate but Equal...segregation thwarted assimilation, and now instead of regional American cultures that blend together at the edges, African-Americans have...thru segregationist policies...developed their own distinct culture with sharp and distinct boundaries within the older regional culture.

And it is literally the inequities of our father upon black slaves and later free black men (and women) that are being visited upon us...the generations that followed.

How can we unring that bell? Appalachia has maintained it's own distinct culture since the dawn of the nation, despite the more "sophisticated" [ :lol: ] Northeast's attempts to quash it. As has Massachusetts and NYC and Virginia and the South and the Ozarks etc. Once a culture is established, it's self perpetuating.

So the real question is...here we are, now what?

I Apologize for Slavery of Blacks

Slavery was not the only sin or was the only issue. Apologizing doesn't do it when you owe 10 trillion dollars in lost earnings and make excuses a to why you won't pay.
You've lost me.

There is a simple reality to the years of overt oppression of blacks in this country hat most do not understand. That is the economic reality of working with no pay from 1618 until 1863 by law, then the reduced income or lack of income caused by he national policy of Apartheid from the end if slavery until 1965 and that's a minimum. Experts have said bacs lost between 6.4-10 trillion dollars of earnings during slavery alone. This is what I am referring to OldLady. The post by Missourian is so inaccurate that it's a waste of time to read. Blacks have not developed any separate and distinct culture any more than any other ethnic group has in this country.

Certain whites want to us slavery to make excuses of what they aren't responsible for. But the issue is more than slavery and who somebody did not own. The issue extends into our lifetimes including right now.
I agree that the issue of slavery and 'apartheid' after certainly has extended into our lifetimes, including right now. I thought Missourian's post was spot on, in describing the problem, anyway. It is pretty rare for people to enter these threads with any understanding of why things are as they are.

Several trillion dollars would sure help the struggling communities that need it. That would go for any group caught in a poverty trap. They aren't all black. I don't know where you think that money is going to come from, or how it is going to be dispersed; my state gave large tracts of land back to the Native Americans, but they didn't have to buy it; they already owned it.

I think there is a separate and distinct subculture at this point, at least among black inner city communities. I think that you and some others here are feeding that on the one hand and then flipping to insist it doesn't exist. That makes no sense to me.

Less than 50 percent of all whites voted for Obama both times. But you are dumb so we can't expect any better.

Barrypuppet was a deep state marxist. Are you claiming that the Barrypuppet should have been given the "sympathy" vote due to the tint of his skin? Explain that to me........you believe that "guilt" should have played a part in the election of the Barrypuppet that was a deep state operative?

Another dumb one. What does guilt have to do with this? There is no deep state but you are dumb so we can't expect any better.

No "deep state"? No "shadow government"? No C.O.G program? HOLY SHIT! Stop posting because you are simply exposing your ignorance.

Ignorance is the belief in a deep state.

I know more than you because I have made it my mission to find out how things really work and the puppet masters that pull the strings. I have connected at least 90 percent of the dots and the picture is crystal clear to me. The only card that you have to play is that of "the victim".... and your failures in life is due to the actions of those that are in the same predicament as you are. You are standing neck deep in shit and blame those that are only waist deep in shit as to why you can't get "ahead"...shouldn't the fact that we are ALL standing in a shit of debt be what unites us all? I am on the side of all humanity......but you seem to be all about you. You will get no sympathy from me because you are selfish...you care only about yourself and not others.
I don't agree with you on much, Dale, but you are right that if we all stopped fighting each other and united to fight the abuses and stupidity of government, it would be awesome. (And NO, I don't mean fighting with our AR's, if that's what you're thinking)

All social engineering projects indulge the same conceit - the false belief that we can change other people's minds (for the better) with force, with law.

All social engineering projects indulge the same conceit - the false belief that we can change other people's minds (for the better) with force, with law.
It takes time, that's all.

It takes time to mitigate the damage done by trying to force the issue. Longer than it would otherwise. People don't adopt change in response to force. They play along, and resentment builds. And we get Trump.

It takes time to mitigate the damage done by trying to force the issue. Longer than it would otherwise. People don't adopt change in response to force. They play along, and resentment builds. And we get Trump.

Look, we can make every excuse but white males have not been the ones forced to do anything the law did not want them to do. For most of the 241 years around here everyone not a white male has. White males have no reason the resent anything IMO. So if this resentment led to Trump, then whites especially white men really need to think about why they feel they are entitled to everything. Because when you start complaining about quotas, even if they were real, whites would get 70 percent of the jobs because they are 70 percent of the population so if quotas existed what makes whites think they deserved 100 percent? Whites would get 70 percent of all opportunity whether qualified for them or not if quotas existed, so why do we get this resentment? You mean to say that if blacks get 13 out of every hundred jobs that's supposed to be a preference? You republicans need to start thinking. You believe in some unreasonable and unfair selfish crap that only benefits whites and whites are not the only citizens of this country.

Last edited:
The current occupant of the WH is clearly a barrier to progress.

The previous denizen of the White House did more to damage race relations in this country than 100 President Trumps.

We haven't lived in such a racial charged environment since the late '60s.

Spoken like a true dumb white who apparently never had to face the continuing white racism in the 70's, 80's and 90's so just because whites were mad that a black man was president the racial atmosphere was charged because the only thin
g that counts to them is how they feel but no one else.
now--your post is worthless crap--many whites voted the Obama--

Less than 50 percent of all whites voted for Obama both times. But you are dumb so we can't expect any better.
..''many'' 45% out of 100% is very close to half...that is a lot for a POTUS election--..especially when you see 90% of blacks voted for Obama--now that is racism/hatred right there...this shows the blacks are racists and whites are fair
..o yes,, I know--because 100% of whites did not vote for Obama, white people are racists

Bingo ... There is no law that can ever change the human condition ... What people believe, or what they hold in their hearts.

Government is just a tool used to control the masses.
Once that tool is of no use to one any longer ... They will set it aside and deal with it as a burden only.
They will figure out a way to survive without it ... Or become a slave to it.

White males have no reason the resent anything IMO.

I agree. But it's just an opinion. Clearly, some of them see it differently.

You republicans need to start thinking. You believe in some unreasonable and unfair selfish crap that only benefits whites and whites are not the only citizens of this country.

I'm not a republican. And I don't believe that.

You asked why we aren't making more progress on racism. I gave you an answer. Feel free to ignore it.

And investment ... No amount of time will ever correct the lack of investment.

Nor will people invest in anything that is simply a cost with no direct return.
Even on the social scale ... The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

The object is to figure out how to move from the poor to rich category.
If anyone thinks skin color is an adequate excuse for failure to overcome that obstacle ... They have only tied their shoelaces together ... And will most certainly fail.

The current occupant of the WH is clearly a barrier to progress.

The previous denizen of the White House did more to damage race relations in this country than 100 President Trumps.

Spoken like a true dumb white who apparently never had to face the continuing white racism in the 70's, 80's and 90's so just because whites were mad that a black man was president the racial atmosphere was charged because the only thin

..''many'' 45% out of 100% is very close to half...that is a lot for a POTUS election--..especially when you see 90% of blacks voted for Obama--now that is racism/hatred right there...this shows the blacks are racists and whites are fair
..o yes,, I know--because 100% of whites did not vote for Obama, white people are racists

He got 43 and 39 percent. That's not close to half. Look fuckhead, in this forum we read volumes if racism by those like you. I've been in many other forums and have seen the same. Social media like facebook/twitter is full of white racism. I don't know who the fuck you think you are talking to, but we see that white racism is plentiful, especially among republicans. 90 percent of blacks voted for Al Gore too dumb ass. Besides we've Voted for white presidents hen other blacks were running for the office. You really are a STUPID m-f.

He got 43 and 39 percent. That's not close to half. Look fuckhead, in this forum we read volumes if racism by those like you. I've been in many other forums and have seen the same. Social media like facebook/twitter is full of white racism. I don't know who the fuck you think you are talking to, but we see that white racism is plentiful, especially among republicans. 90 percent of blacks voted for Al Gore too dumb ass. Besides we've Voted for white presidents hen other blacks were running for the office. You really are a STUPID m-f.
you are the racist.....blacks are the racists ....Blacks voted for the color of the skin and not the man---opposite of what MLK preached .......
...the whites voted from their heart and not the color of the skin
blacks are racists--not whites

You republicans need to start thinking. You believe in some unreasonable and unfair selfish crap that only benefits whites and whites are not the only citizens of this country.

You asked why we aren't making more progress on racism. I gave you an answer. Feel free to ignore it.

And that's the problem. You don't want to believe that but that's what's happening. I didn't ask why for anything, I stated that we need to become better informed.

And that's the problem. You don't want to believe that but that's what's happening. I didn't ask why for anything, I stated that we need to become better informed.

I stand corrected. You weren't asking, or looking, for discussion. Just telling everyone how it is!

Well, I think you're full of shit.

you are the racist.....blacks are the racists ....Blacks voted for the color of the skin and not the man---opposite of what MLK preached .......

Yeah I know. That's why we didn't vote Jesse Jackson into office. Or Shirley Chisolm. Or Arthur Fletcher. Or Alan Keyes, Or Herman Cain. Or Carol Mosely Braun. Or Al Sharpton. Or Ben Carson.

You really are a STUPID m-f.

Yeah I know. That's why we didn't vote Jesse Jackson into office. Or Shirley Chisolm. Or Arthur Fletcher. Or Alan Keyes, Or Herman Cain. Or Carol Mosely Braun. Or Al Sharpton. Or Ben Carson.

better than being a racist, like you.......

I stand corrected. You weren't asking, or looking, for discussion. Just telling everyone how it is!

Well, I think you're full of shit.

Yep pretty much like you whites do.

I don't care what you think.

better than being a racist, like you.......

Ypu call me that but when it's time to show proof, crickets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back