Why Would a God Care If I Believe In Him/Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Would a God Care If I Believe In Him/Her?

He/she is a vain god?

But then there would be no infallibility, no perfection.

Good point!

The Bible also says God is a jealous God. I think that is also very strange. Why would an all knowing, creator of the universe, be so petty?

Actually in the original language, that word can also mean zealous.

In terms of a god, what would that even mean? :dunno:

Why would I want to take someone to court over their beliefs?

that's what atheists do.....

^^^ Poser and/or liar. Apparently doesn't remember Hobby Lobby, even though it's only a month old.

lol.....sure....Christians file law suits saying atheists aren't praying along with them at Friday night football games and graduation exercises......that atheists aren't spending enough coins that have In God We Trust printed on them.....that atheists aren't reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and saying "one nation under God" with enough fervor.......I even remember one law suit where Christians wanted an order requiring atheists to climb a hill to look at a cross on a war memorial at least once a month.......

that's what atheists do.....

^^^ Poser and/or liar. Apparently doesn't remember Hobby Lobby, even though it's only a month old.

lol.....sure....Christians file law suits saying atheists aren't praying along with them at Friday night football games and graduation exercises......that atheists aren't spending enough coins that have In God We Trust printed on them.....that atheists aren't reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and saying "one nation under God" with enough fervor.......I even remember one law suit where Christians wanted an order requiring atheists to climb a hill to look at a cross on a war memorial at least once a month.......

You apparently are unable to make your argument without first twisting the premise.

What Friday night football games? Public high school Friday night football games. Using public money.

Show me one example of mean ol' atheists wanting to stop private or Christian school football players from organized praying on the field.

In addition, show me one example of atheists ever complaining about a public school player praying on his own, on the sidelines, at the line, or anywhere else. Think Tim Tebow. Did anyone try to stop him from praying on the field? No.

You apparently are unable to make your argument without first twisting the premise.

What Friday night football games? Public high school Friday night football games. Using public money.

Show me one example of mean ol' atheists wanting to stop private or Christian school football players from organized praying on the field.

In addition, show me one example of atheists ever complaining about a public school player praying on his own, on the sidelines, at the line, or anywhere else. Think Tim Tebow. Did anyone try to stop him from praying on the field? No.

good lord, dude, how much effort do you put into ignoring my point......if you didn't want to acknowledge it, just don't post......he complained about Jehovah's Witnesses going door to door......that's what they do.......going to court is what atheists do......deal with it.....I don't give a fuck what you think their motive is or whether you believe its justified.....just like you don't give a fuck what the JW's motive is.......

good lord, dude, how much effort do you put into ignoring my point......if you didn't want to acknowledge it, just don't post......he complained about Jehovah's Witnesses going door to door......that's what they do.......going to court is what atheists do......deal with it.....I don't give a fuck what you think their motive is or whether you believe its justified.....just like you don't give a fuck what the JW's motive is.......

Do you normally make such ridiculous sweeping generalizations? I wasn't specifically referring to the JW's. Mormon's also go door to door, along with other religious organizations. Some organizations go door to door, some don't. I guarantee you that there are more Atheists not suing, than suing.

I think we can add that to the true Christian trophy case.... :D

Do you normally make such ridiculous sweeping generalizations? I wasn't specifically referring to the JW's. Mormon's also go door to door, along with other religious organizations. Some organizations go door to door, some don't. I guarantee you that there are more Atheists not suing, than suing.

He also doesn't understand the definition of atheist. So, it is hard to generalize about what a group of people do AND at the same time not understand who makes up that group.

Going to court is what Christians do, also. It's what Americans do. Atheists are no more litigious than any other 'group'. Of course, there is no atheist 'group', the way there are religious groups.

I've now demolished each of your arguments. That's what I do. :)

He also doesn't understand the definition of atheist. So, it is hard to generalize about what a group of people do AND at the same time not understand who makes up that group.

/shrugs....not my fault you have it wrong, is it?.....

Atheists are no more litigious than any other 'group'.

atheists go to court about their beliefs far more than any other group....
Prove that.

I'll not hold my breath waiting. You are clearly another poser/troll, spouting bullshit without a lick of proof.

I guess all you feel you need to do is "believe" whatever you want - about religion, about Obama, about Capitalism, about Democrats, about atheists - and that's all you need! :lol:

This God I hear about is supposed to be all knowing, and in that case I would assume he/she is mature, so why would he/she care if I believe or not?

Because most of the world worship an Abrahamic God who is extremely jealous, vindictive, genocidal, etc.

This God I hear about is supposed to be all knowing, and in that case I would assume he/she is mature, so why would he/she care if I believe or not?

Because most of the world worship an Abrahamic God who is extremely jealous, vindictive, genocidal, etc.

THIS IS THE ALMIGHTY ABRAHAMIC GOD===GOD SAYS==that anyone who believes in me will have eternal life. 16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Sonso that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

18 “There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. 19 Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. 21 But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to.”

THIS IS THE ALMIGHTY ABRAHAMIC GOD===GOD SAYS==that anyone who believes in me will have eternal life. 16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Sonso that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

18 “There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. 19 Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. 21 But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to.”

God was just an intolerant perfect asshole he condemned his son to Death rather than accept us for who we are.

Atheists are no more litigious than any other 'group'.

atheists go to court about their beliefs far more than any other group....
Prove that.

I'll not hold my breath waiting. You are clearly another poser/troll, spouting bullshit without a lick of proof.

I guess all you feel you need to do is "believe" whatever you want - about religion, about Obama, about Capitalism, about Democrats, about atheists - and that's all you need! :lol:

well, since I can't find an example of any other belief group that went to court to impose what they believe on others, that seems to leave atheists in the lead, by default.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back