Why would anyone want to encourage ignorant, unwise people to vote?

Has there ever been a time in human history where the large majority of humanity WASN'T ignorant and unwise?
But the problem is that the success of a "free society" leads us to believe that more people would get smarter than the past proportional measurements.

I am disappointed in the proportion, and I firmly believe it is because of the inadequacies of the Three-part Separation Theory.

US4CC.meme.Lisa_Simpson - American_Experiment.png

Please see post 58.

Post 58 states your opinion and fails to answer any of the questions I have asked you.

Example:
When I ask you what value and why ... I am not asking you if it is your opinion that value exists.

America is no longer working because our tribalism has suffocated the communication and collaboration that lead to innovation.
Well, why don't you try comprehending what I am campaigning for. Why are you so close-minded to having a constitutional convention determined to solve this problem that the subsisting republic is failing?

What is it going to take to get you to discuss matters intelligently with me?

I guarantee you, I am not the dumb one around here.

Everyone has value. Intelligence is one (1) measure of that value. Elitism and bigotry help nothing.
And you think you are better than me because you like to hang out with people who think they are just, like you???

Describing everyone who does not think like you as a bigot, does not make you a just person.

Post 58 states your opinion and fails to answer any of the questions I have asked you.

Example:
When I ask you what value and why ... I am not asking you if you think value exists.

Since this is so important to you:

What value do you put in being worse or less intelligent?
Intelligence is one quality that can be very important. I put roughly as much value in curiosity, empathy, reason and intellectual honesty.

How does an opinion relate to intelligence?
I don't see a direct or necessary correlation. The opinion of a less intelligent person can have plenty of value, if they bring valued perspective.

What is the most appropriate way you would describe the relationship between perception and fact?
Fact is fact. Perception is interpretation of input based on one's own knowledge, preconceived notions and biases.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Well, why don't you try comprehending what I am campaigning for. Why are you so close-minded to having a constitutional convention determined to solve this problem that the subsisting republic is failing?

What is it going to take to get you to discuss matters intelligently with me?

I guarantee you, I am not the dumb one around here.

And you think you are better than me because you like to hang out with people who think they are just, like you???

Describing everyone who does not think like you as a bigot, does not make you a just person.
You asked a question, I answered.

Since this is so important to you:

What value do you put in being worse or less intelligent?
Intelligence is one quality that can be very important. I put roughly as much value in curiosity, empathy, reason and intellectual honesty.

How does an opinion relate to intelligence?
I don't see a direct or necessary correlation. The opinion of a less intelligent person can have plenty of value, if they bring valued perspective.

What is the most appropriate way you would describe the relationship between perception and fact?
Fact is fact. Perception is interpretation of fact based on one's own knowledge, preconceived notions and biases.

You're welcome.

What value does empathy, curiosity, reason or intellectual honesty have if no intelligence or wisdom is present?

Opinion without intelligence or wisdom is just a stupid opinion.
Perception is not a requirement of fact, and what someone thinks has nothing to do with whether or not it is true.

It's also not so important to me ... It's just more than the empty nonsense you were posting when I asked the questions.
Thanks for taking a stab at it and providing something of substance.

What value does empathy, curiosity, reason or intellectual honesty have if no intelligence or wisdom is present?

Opinion without intelligence or wisdom is just a stupid opinion.
Perception is not a requirement of fact, and what someone thinks has nothing to do with whether or not it is true.

It's also not so important to me ... It's just more than the empty nonsense you were posting when I asked the questions.
Thanks for taking a stab at it and providing something of substance.

I don't think there is any such thing as "no intelligence or wisdom".

All people have value. All people have unique perspectives. All it takes is the curiosity and empathy to which I referred to find it.

As we become more tribal, we are displaying significantly less empathy and curiosity with time, and I hate to see that.

Because the Constitution sez so. Otherwise, we're knocking on the door of dictorship with the corrupt and well-paid-for lies the MSM rubber stamps.
Ummm NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

OUr founders thought most people were stupid---ergo limited the town drunks and complete morons ability to vote----that is why they favored a REPUBLIC over a mob rule democracy.

Smart people don't allow morons and failures to make decisions for others.

Ummm NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

OUr founders thought most people were stupid---ergo limited the town drunks and complete morons ability to vote----that is why they favored a REPUBLIC over a mob rule democracy.
You make it sound like composing the directive systems to do democracy would be just as easy as a republic.

Smart people don't allow morons and failures to make decisions for others.
Okay, so what the heck is going on now!!! Do you think the governments are fulfilling that expectation?

The trouble with ignorant people is that they don’t know they’re ignorant; they think they’re brilliant.

I don't think there is any such thing as "no intelligence or wisdom".

All people have value. All people have unique perspectives. All it takes is the curiosity and empathy to which I referred to find it.

As we become more tribal, we are displaying significantly less empathy and curiosity with time, and I hate to see that.

What value would the curiosity, empathy and the perceptions of someone who is ignorant and unwise hold?

That's what I am asking in response to your answer.
You can express your desire to consider any number of things, but that won't change the ignorant or unwise qualifiers.

What value would the curiosity, empathy and the perceptions of someone who is ignorant and unwise hold?

That's what I am asking in response to your answer.
You can express your desire to consider any number of things, but that won't change the ignorant or unwise qualifier.

I'm not talking about the curiosity and empathy of the less intelligent. I'm talking about the curiosity and empathy of the person observing the less intelligent. Your curiosity and empathy. My curiosity and empathy.

It may be that you don't see any value in a person you perceive as less intelligent or less wise than you. I'm quite the opposite. I'm fascinated by the perspectives of those who have life experiences and perspectives and priorities that are different than mine. Their intelligence is not a priority for me. You can find a nugget of gold in the strangest places. Understanding them is one way I grow.

So I don't know how to answer your question.

I'm not talking about the curiosity and empathy of the less intelligent. I'm talking about the curiosity and empathy of the person observing the less intelligent. Your curiosity and empathy. My curiosity and empathy.

It may be that you don't see any value in a person you perceive as less intelligent or less wise than you. I'm quite the opposite. I'm fascinated by the perspectives of those who have life experiences and perspectives and priorities that are different than mine. Their intelligence is not a priority for me. You can find a nugget of gold in the strangest places. Understanding them is one way I grow.

So I don't know how to answer your question.

The question was ... "Why would anyone encourage ignorant, unwise people to vote?"

I don't see the value in encouraging ignorant and unwise people to vote.
It doesn't matter how empathic, curious or perceptive they may be ... Because they would still be ignorant and unwise.
It doesn't mean that they are useless and have nothing to offer.

I understand and I am willing to accept that intelligence and wisdom are not a priority to you
and thanks for answering the question.

The question was ... "Why would anyone encourage ignorant, unwise people to vote?"

I don't see that value in encouraging ignorant and unwise people to vote.
It doesn't matter how empathic, curious or perceptive they may be ... Because they would still be ignorant and unwise.
It doesn't mean that they are useless and have nothing to offer.

I am willing to accept that intelligence and wisdom are not a priority to you and thanks for answering the question.

That's not what I said.

I really need to remind myself not to bother here. Sometimes I slip and respond.

Never mind.

That's not what I said.

I correct myself then ... It's true you only said ... "Their intelligence is not a priority to me".
I should not have been so careless as to add wisdom to that.

I'll try to find a stupid, wise person and we can agree.

What kind of a nation can we have when the ignorant and unwise outnumber the intelligent and wise?
Do companies want their most ignorant sitting on their boards and calling the shots?
Nope, I would love to take away your privilege. It would be a better world.

Nope, I would love to take away your privilege. It would be a better world.
Of course you would…you bottom feeding free shit beggars can’t wait until you outnumber productive positive contributors…you fucked in the head whackos honestly believe you can build a better America with the majority being low grade begging parasites…why else would you recruit desperate thirdworlders by the tens of millions.

Forum List

Back