Will any Progressive answer this question?

So, MSNBC released this promotion ad for their station, I've been asking every Progressive to answer this very simple question, and they have all refused, and ignored its very existence.

Here is the RAW transcript of the Promotion Ad:
1. We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we've always had kind-of-a private notion of children.

2. [Sarcastic] 'Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility.'

3. We haven't had a very collective notion of these are OUR children.

4. So part of it is that we have to break through our kind-of private idea that kids belong to their parents, or kids belong to their families;

5. and recognize that kids belong to WHOLE COMMUNITIES;

6. Once it's everybody's responsibility, and not just the household's, then we start making better investments.

Here is the transcript edited to fix her inability to speak proper English (Special thanks to Lone Laugher for pointing this out to me):
1. We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we have always had a private notion of our children.

3. We never had a collective notion that these are OUR children.

4. So part of it is that we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents, or that kids belong to their families.

5. We must recognize that kids belong to the WHOLE COMMUNITY;

6. Once it is everyone's responsibility, and not just the household's [responsibility], we will start making better investments.

Ok, she states a problem: We're not investing enough/correctly into education.

Then she diagnoses the cause of the problem,

Then she proposes the solution.

She says her solution will better our investments into education.

---------------------------
Here are the Questions:

1: Which problem does she identify? That we aren't investing enough/properly into education - This is derived from Line 1.

2: What does she claim to be the cause of the problem? [It is your job to answer this]

3: What is her solution to the problem? [It is your job to answer this]

4: What are the means by which to implement her solution? [It is your job to answer this]

5: What will be the end result? That our investments in public education will succeed once we implement the solution to the cause of the problem. This is derived from Line 6.

------------------------

Any answers to these questions that are not DERIVED FROM THE TRANSCRIPT will be ignored. You must cite the lines of the transcript in your answers.

If you don't cite the transcript, I'll quote you with the following response:
IGNORED

Sounds like where GE wants you is waiting in line to buy their shit. You had better be well behaved too. Remember, that if the Kids, that they claim, you are not responsible for, break anything, You are personally liable. :D Funny how they want to sweep God and Church under the rug, and Proclaim to the rest of us, what is of moral value, and what is not. :lol: ;)

You think tat guy is a "progressive"?

He is a FOX whipping boy. And you buy it.

He admitted that the ad was in very bad taste, and would have said it differently. Can you refute anything said in that video?

NOTICE NONE OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE ANSWERED THE OP's QUESTION YET

Everything said in that clip about the ad is wrong. Everything you have said about the ad is wrong. The question asked by you in the OP has been answered.

Everything said in that clip about the ad is wrong. Everything you have said about the ad is wrong. The question asked by you in the OP has been answered.

You seem to have a very strong belief in what I've said is wrong, and therefore must know what is "right." Would you care then to enlighten us, and answer the questions based on the AD ITSELF?

Why are you so afraid to reveal your answers?

Last edited:
You're a bit obsessed with one out of a dozen station promos (a promo, not a "promotion ad", which does not exist) on a cable TV channel that you guys keep yapping nobody watches.... don't you think?

This is at least four threads I've seen started on this 30-second promo. Did you forget you started one yourself -- where you called it a "commercial"? Or are we not supposed to talk about that?

What is your malfunction anyway? Are we gonna start four threads every time a cable TV channel airs a promo?
icon_scratch_head.gif

You're a bit obsessed with one out of a dozen station promos (a promo, not a "promotion ad", which does not exist) on a cable TV channel that you guys keep yapping nobody watches.... don't you think?

This is not just my reaction, as shown above with about 10 videos from mainstream conservative new sources. We all consider this a declaration of war.

If I asked the exact same Five Questions on Mitt Romney's 47% video, each and everyone one of you would have answered:

Instructions: Only use the transcript to answer these questions.

What did Mitt Romney say the problem was?

What did Mitt Romney say the Cause of the problem was?

What did Mitt Romney say the Solution was?

What did Mitt Romney propose to implement his solution?

What did Mitt Romney say the end result would be?

I don't think you can say that these questions are "ridiculous" or "biased."

Now let's use another video, and replace the name Mitt Romney with Melissa Perry:

What did Melissa Perry say the problem was?

What did Melissa Perry say the Cause of the problem was?

What did Melissa Perry say the Solution was?

What did Melissa Perry propose to implement his solution?

What did Melissa Perry say the end result would be?

When I said a sixth grade English class would produce better results than you guys, I wasn't kidding, if I gave them this assignment for homework, I'd get actual responses and results to the questions and they would understand the questions perfectly. If you find these questions confusing and are unable to answer them, you are extremely stupid.

I'm directly or demanding that you answer the way I want you to, you're free to give me any answer you want, so long as that answer is based on the transcript.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definition of COMMUNITY

: a unified body of individuals: as
a : state, commonwealth
b : the people with common interests living in a particular area; broadly : the area itself <the problems of a large community>
c : an interacting population of various kinds of individuals (as species) in a common location
d : a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society <a community of retired persons>
Community - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

You see the word collectivism and you jump to the conclusion that she's advocating for communists to come and take kids away from parents and that is entirely wrong.

She's advocating for the community to come together and help raise kids as a team. That's all. And it's true. We all have a hand in raising kids whether you have kids or not.

Definition of COMMUNITY

b : the people with common interests living in a particular area; broadly : the area itself <the problems of a large community>
c : an interacting population of various kinds of individuals (as species) in a common location
d : a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society <a community of retired persons>

You see the word collectivism and you jump to the conclusion that she's advocating for communists to come and take kids away from parents and that is entirely wrong.

She's advocating for the community to come together and help raise kids as a team. That's all. And it's true. We all have a hand in raising kids whether you have kids or not.

You still haven't produced an answer that uses the transcript and her own definition of community. However, thank you for allowing me to have a monopoly on the answer to the transcript.

If I asked the exact same Five Questions on Mitt Romney's 47% video, each and everyone one of you would have answered:

Now let's use another video, and replace the name Mitt Romney with Melissa Perry:

When I said a sixth grade English class would produce better results than you guys, I wasn't kidding, if I gave them this assignment for homework, I'd get actual responses and results to the questions and they would understand the questions perfectly. If you find these questions confusing and are unable to answer them, you are extremely stupid.

I'm directly or demanding that you answer the way I want you to, you're free to give me any answer you want, so long as that answer is based on the transcript.

-------------------

In school, they call these DBQ's. Or "Document Based Questions." They give you material, and you have to answer Who/What/How/When/Why/Where based on that material.

Definition of COMMUNITY

Not without either the consent of the Parents or a Court Order.

She said that it is wrong to think that kids belong to their parents and should belong to the whole community.
This is absolutely wrong.
Kids belong to their parents and family.

Last edited:
She said that it is wrong to think that kids belong to their parents and should belong to the community.
Kids belong to their parents.

Nothig like a rational, well thought out response to take this thread to new heights! Way to go, Peach! You are so smart and stuff.

She said that it is wrong to think that kids belong to their parents and should belong to the community.

Nothig like a rational, well thought out response to take this thread to new heights! Way to go, Peach! You are so smart and stuff.

At least his response is base don the transcript.

You Progressives have yet to muster a response that uses the Transcript.

At least his response is base don the transcript.

You Progressives have yet to muster a response that uses the Transcript.

Holy shit....you and the transcript. You have some kind of anal fixation on that transcript. Were you once a hall monitor?

BTW....Peach did not even reference the transcript. Are you OK?

What did you mean when you said this was a declaration of war?

Also, it's funny to see how quick you all "came out of hiding" to respond to this thread, once I posted my own answers to the question in Post #2.

Why can't you become responsible and answer the question yourself. The reason I withheld my answer to about six hours was to watch you all writhe in agony failing to answer the question, I knew the moment I posted my answer, you'd all attack my answer instead of providing your own.

But hey, you all attack my paycheck instead of providing your own, it's the only way you know how to survive.

Nobody came out of hiding dingbat.

You're obviously fishing for certain answers in order for YOU to go on attack.

You have an agenda and we're not buying into it.

Hey sfcali, this is a clown who came on board claiming he was a progressive. And not just a run of the mill progressive, a HARDCORE progressive.

He is a lying piece of shit. I can tolerate another person's opinion, but I detest a liar.

I had the exact same reaction as you when I read his 'qualifiers', he doesn't want people to answer, he wants to control what they can say for an attack and his own agenda.

But the coup de grâce is the far right wing Fox News doctrinaires and conspiracy nuts he calls in as his comrades.

[

Hey sfcali, this is a clown who came on board claiming he was a progressive. And not just a run of the mill progressive, a HARDCORE progressive.

He is a lying piece of shit. I can tolerate another person's opinion, but I detest a liar.

I had the exact same reaction as you when I read his 'qualifiers', he doesn't want people to answer, he wants to control what they can say for an attack and his own agenda.

But the coup de grâce is the far right wing Fox News doctrinaires and conspiracy nuts he calls in as his comrades.

I was once.

Then Obama declared Occupy Wall Street organizers Terrorists.

Then Obama went after guns.

Then I woke up and educated myself, because Obama said I was terrorist and that he wants my guns.

Then I read Common Sense, the Federalist Papers, and reread the Constitution with the Framer's intentions in mind, read John Locke, and I realized what a shithole Progressive ideology is.

How long do you think it will be before Obama declares you the enemy? Not long, judging by this ad, he'll declare parents who wish to retain their sovereignty (custody) over their children terrorists.

Last edited:
[

I was once.

Then Obama declared Occupy Wall Street organizers Terrorists.

Then Obama went after guns.

Then I woke up and educated myself, because Obama said I was terrorist and that he wants my guns.

Then I read Common Sense, the Federalist Papers, and reread the Constitution with the Framer's intentions in mind, read John Locke, and I realized what a shithole Progressive ideology is.

Obama called the Wall Street protesters " terrorists "? When?

Have you been in hibernation? Even the Huffington Post was outraged. But since it was King Obama, they shut up quickly.

Because I was an organizer of Occupy Wall Street, I can't fly comfortably anymore. My first time taking a plane, and I had to go through so many "background" checks and security procedures that my flight left without me. I had to fight in Court for a refund.

The second time I went, they let me on much sooner, but put me all the way in the back (regardless of where my ticket said I was supposed to sit) with the roaring engines, with an Air Marshal in the adjacent seat across the aisle.

Protest for economic justice and you are now a terrorist? Wonder why all of a sudden cities across America coordinated and shut down the Occupy Wall Street movement? Now we know and it was coordinated by the banks. The FBI, DHS, police, and private-sector financial businesses all coordinated to repress the people and suppress a movement. Civil Justice Fund a non-profit, posted FBI files which show this is what happened. Think we are free and have freedom of speech and protest in the United States? Freedom is allowed only if no one hears you.

FBI documents just obtained by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF) pursuant to the PCJF&#8217;s Freedom of Information Act demands reveal that from its inception, the FBI treated the Occupy movement as a potential criminal and terrorist threat even though the agency acknowledges in documents that organizers explicitly called for peaceful protest and did &#8220;not condone the use of violence&#8221; at occupy protests.

These documents show that the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are treating protests against the corporate and banking structure of America as potential criminal and terrorist activity. These documents also show these federal agencies functioning as a de facto intelligence arm of Wall Street and Corporate America.

The findings from the FBI files will make your hair stand on end. Yet the claim the Federal Reserve was involved in surveillance is most egregious.

The Federal Reserve in Richmond appears to have had personnel surveilling OWS planning. They were in contact with the FBI in Richmond to &#8220;pass on information regarding the movement known as occupy Wall Street.&#8221; There were repeated communications &#8220;to pass on updates of the events and decisions made during the small rallies and the following information received from the Capital Police Intelligence Unit through JTTF (Joint Terrorism Task Force).&#8221;

This Guardian article suggests even the FBI files release might be a strategy to deter further protests:

The release may be strategic: if you are an Occupy activist and see how your information is being sent to terrorism task forces and fusion centers, not to mention the "longterm plans" of some redacted group to shoot you, this document is quite the deterrent.

Naked Capitalism has more commentary:

The rationale for this overkill was that OWS was a terrorist threat. That&#8217;s a striking contrast with the media depiction of the movement when it was in its encampment phase as a bunch of directionless hippies with no message. But the FBI response highlights how anything other than corporate or otherwise officially sanctioned assembly is no longer permitted in America.

This isn't the first time movements in the United States have been crushed. From the war against labor organization to the FBI's COINTELPRO agenda, the pattern is more to repress any organization effort against those in power.

Below are the highlights Partnership for Civil Justice Fund, a legal organization which focuses on projecting first and fourth amendments rights.

As early as August 19, 2011, the FBI in New York was meeting with the New York Stock Exchange to discuss the Occupy Wall Street protests that wouldn&#8217;t start for another month. By September, prior to the start of the OWS, the FBI was notifying businesses that they might be the focus of an OWS protest.

The FBI&#8217;s Indianapolis division released a &#8220;Potential Criminal Activity Alert&#8221; on September 15, 2011, even though they acknowledged that no specific protest date had been scheduled in Indiana. The documents show that the Indianapolis division of the FBI was coordinating with &#8220;All Indiana State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies,&#8221; as well as the &#8220;Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center,&#8221; the FBI &#8220;Directorate of Intelligence&#8221; and other national FBI coordinating mechanisms.

Documents show the spying abuses of the FBI&#8217;s &#8220;Campus Liaison Program&#8221; in which the FBI in Albany and the Syracuse Joint Terrorism Task Force disseminated information to &#8220;sixteen (16) different campus police officials,&#8221; and then &#8220;six (6) additional campus police officials.&#8221; Campus officials were in contact with the FBI for information on OWS. A representative of the State University of New York at Oswego contacted the FBI for information on the OWS protests and reported to the FBI on the SUNY-Oswego Occupy encampment made up of students and professors.

Documents released show coordination between the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and corporate America. They include a report by the Domestic Security Alliance Council (DSAC), described by the federal government as &#8220;a strategic partnership between the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and the private sector,&#8221; discussing the OWS protests at the West Coast ports to &#8220;raise awareness concerning this type of criminal activity.&#8221; The DSAC report shows the nature of secret collaboration between American intelligence agencies and their corporate clients - the document contains a &#8220;handling notice&#8221; that the information is &#8220;meant for use primarily within the corporate security community. Such messages shall not be released in either written or oral form to the media, the general public or other personnel&#8230;&#8221; (The DSAC document was also obtained by the Northern California ACLU which has sought local FBI surveillance files.)

Naval Criminal Investigative Services (NCIS) reported to the DSAC on the relationship between OWS and organized labor for the port actions. The NCIS describes itself as &#8220;an elite worldwide federal law enforcement organization&#8221; whose &#8220;mission is to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats to the United States Navy and Marine Corps ashore, afloat and in cyberspace.&#8221; The NCIS also assists with the transport of Guantanamo prisoners.

DSAC issued several tips to its corporate clients on &#8220;civil unrest&#8221; which it defines as ranging from &#8220;small, organized rallies to large-scale demonstrations and rioting.&#8221; It advised to dress conservatively, avoid political discussions and &#8220;avoid all large gatherings related to civil issues. Even seemingly peaceful rallies can spur violent activity or be met with resistance by security forces. Bystanders may be arrested or harmed by security forces using water cannons, tear gas or other measures to control crowds.&#8221;

The FBI in Anchorage reported from a Joint Terrorism Task Force meeting of November 3, 2011, about Occupy activities in Anchorage.

A port Facility Security Officer in Anchorage coordinated with the FBI to attend the meeting of protestors and gain intelligence on the planning of the port actions. He was advised to request the presence of an Anchorage Police Department official to also attend the event. The FBI Special Agent told the undercover private operative that he would notify the Joint Terrorism Task Force and that he would provide a point of contact at the Anchorage Police Department.

The Jacksonville, Florida FBI prepared a Domestic Terrorism briefing on the &#8220;spread of the Occupy Wall Street Movement&#8221; in October 2011. The intelligence meeting discussed Occupy venues identifying &#8220;Daytona, Gainesville and Ocala Resident Agency territories as portions &#8230;where some of the highest unemployment rates in Florida continue to exist.&#8221;

The Tampa, Florida FBI &#8220;Domestic Terrorism&#8221; liaison participated with the Tampa Police Department&#8217;s monthly intelligence meeting in which Occupy Lakeland, Occupy Polk County and Occupy St. Petersburg were discussed. They reported on an individual &#8220;leading the Occupy Tampa&#8221; and plans for travel to Gainesville for a protest planning meeting, as well as on Veterans for Peace plans to protest at MacDill Air Force Base.

The Federal Reserve in Richmond appears to have had personnel surveilling OWS planning. They were in contact with the FBI in Richmond to &#8220;pass on information regarding the movement known as occupy Wall Street.&#8221; There were repeated communications &#8220;to pass on updates of the events and decisions made during the small rallies and the following information received from the Capital Police Intelligence Unit through JTTF (Joint Terrorism Task Force).&#8221;

The Virginia FBI was collecting intelligence on the OWS movement for dissemination to the Virginia Fusion Center and other Intelligence divisions.

The Milwaukee division of the FBI was coordinating with the Ashwaubenon Public Safety division in Green Bay Wisconsin regarding Occupy.

The Memphis FBI&#8217;s Joint Terrorism Task Force met to discuss &#8220;domestic terrorism&#8221; threats, including, &#8220;Aryan Nations, Occupy Wall Street, and Anonymous.&#8221;

The Birmingham, AL division of the FBI sent communications to HAZMAT teams regarding the Occupy Wall Street movement.

The Jackson, Mississippi division of the FBI attended a meeting of the Bank Security Group in Biloxi, MS with multiple private banks and the Biloxi Police Department, in which they discussed an announced protest for &#8220;National Bad Bank Sit-In-Day&#8221; on December 7, 2011.

The Denver, CO FBI and its Bank Fraud Working Group met and were briefed on Occupy Wall Street in November 2011. Members of the Working Group include private financial institutions and local area law enforcement.

Jackson, MS Joint Terrorism Task Force issued a &#8220;Counterterrorism Preparedness&#8221; alert. This heavily redacted document includes the description, &#8220;To document&#8230;the Occupy Wall Street Movement.&#8221;

This happened under the Obama administration. The FBI and DHS are part of the executive branch.

Last edited:
So, MSNBC released this promotion ad for their station, I've been asking every Progressive to answer this very simple question, and they have all refused, and ignored its very existence.

Here is the RAW transcript of the Promotion Ad:
1. We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we've always had kind-of-a private notion of children.

3. We haven't had a very collective notion of these are OUR children.

4. So part of it is that we have to break through our kind-of private idea that kids belong to their parents, or kids belong to their families;

5. and recognize that kids belong to WHOLE COMMUNITIES;

6. Once it's everybody's responsibility, and not just the household's, then we start making better investments.

Here is the transcript edited to fix her inability to speak proper English (Special thanks to Lone Laugher for pointing this out to me):
1. We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we have always had a private notion of our children.

3. We never had a collective notion that these are OUR children.

4. So part of it is that we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents, or that kids belong to their families.

5. We must recognize that kids belong to the WHOLE COMMUNITY;

6. Once it is everyone's responsibility, and not just the household's [responsibility], we will start making better investments.

Ok, she states a problem: We're not investing enough/correctly into education.

Then she diagnoses the cause of the problem,

Then she proposes the solution.

She says her solution will better our investments into education.

---------------------------
Here are the Questions:

Instructions: Only use the Transcript to answer these questions.

1: Which problem does she identify? That we aren't investing enough/properly into education - This is derived from Line 1.

2: What does she claim to be the cause of the problem? [It is your job to answer this]

3: What is her solution to the problem? [It is your job to answer this]

4: What are the means by which to implement her solution? [It is your job to answer this]

5: What will be the end result? That our investments in public education will succeed once we implement the solution to the cause of the problem. This is derived from Line 6.

------------------------

Any answers to these questions that are not DERIVED FROM THE TRANSCRIPT will be ignored. You must cite the lines of the transcript in your answers.

If you don't cite the transcript, I'll quote you with the following response:
IGNORED

Clearly you watch too much television and you have way too much time on your hands.

Have you been in hibernation? Even the Huffington Post was outraged. But since it was King Obama, they shut up quickly.

Because I was an organizer of Occupy Wall Street, I can't fly comfortably anymore. My first time taking a plane, and I had to go through so many "background" checks and security procedures that my flight left without me. I had to fight in Court for a refund.

The second time I went, they let me on much sooner, but put me all the way in the back (regardless of where my ticket said I was supposed to sit) with the roaring engines, with an Air Marshal in the adjacent seat across the aisle.

Protest for economic justice and you are now a terrorist? Wonder why all of a sudden cities across America coordinated and shut down the Occupy Wall Street movement? Now we know and it was coordinated by the banks. The FBI, DHS, police, and private-sector financial businesses all coordinated to repress the people and suppress a movement. Civil Justice Fund a non-profit, posted FBI files which show this is what happened. Think we are free and have freedom of speech and protest in the United States? Freedom is allowed only if no one hears you.

FBI documents just obtained by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF) pursuant to the PCJF’s Freedom of Information Act demands reveal that from its inception, the FBI treated the Occupy movement as a potential criminal and terrorist threat even though the agency acknowledges in documents that organizers explicitly called for peaceful protest and did “not condone the use of violence” at occupy protests.

These documents show that the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are treating protests against the corporate and banking structure of America as potential criminal and terrorist activity. These documents also show these federal agencies functioning as a de facto intelligence arm of Wall Street and Corporate America.

The findings from the FBI files will make your hair stand on end. Yet the claim the Federal Reserve was involved in surveillance is most egregious.

The Federal Reserve in Richmond appears to have had personnel surveilling OWS planning. They were in contact with the FBI in Richmond to “pass on information regarding the movement known as occupy Wall Street.” There were repeated communications “to pass on updates of the events and decisions made during the small rallies and the following information received from the Capital Police Intelligence Unit through JTTF (Joint Terrorism Task Force).”

This Guardian article suggests even the FBI files release might be a strategy to deter further protests:

The release may be strategic: if you are an Occupy activist and see how your information is being sent to terrorism task forces and fusion centers, not to mention the "longterm plans" of some redacted group to shoot you, this document is quite the deterrent.

Naked Capitalism has more commentary:

The rationale for this overkill was that OWS was a terrorist threat. That’s a striking contrast with the media depiction of the movement when it was in its encampment phase as a bunch of directionless hippies with no message. But the FBI response highlights how anything other than corporate or otherwise officially sanctioned assembly is no longer permitted in America.

This isn't the first time movements in the United States have been crushed. From the war against labor organization to the FBI's COINTELPRO agenda, the pattern is more to repress any organization effort against those in power.

Below are the highlights Partnership for Civil Justice Fund, a legal organization which focuses on projecting first and fourth amendments rights.

As early as August 19, 2011, the FBI in New York was meeting with the New York Stock Exchange to discuss the Occupy Wall Street protests that wouldn’t start for another month. By September, prior to the start of the OWS, the FBI was notifying businesses that they might be the focus of an OWS protest.

The FBI’s Indianapolis division released a “Potential Criminal Activity Alert” on September 15, 2011, even though they acknowledged that no specific protest date had been scheduled in Indiana. The documents show that the Indianapolis division of the FBI was coordinating with “All Indiana State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies,” as well as the “Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center,” the FBI “Directorate of Intelligence” and other national FBI coordinating mechanisms.

Documents show the spying abuses of the FBI’s “Campus Liaison Program” in which the FBI in Albany and the Syracuse Joint Terrorism Task Force disseminated information to “sixteen (16) different campus police officials,” and then “six (6) additional campus police officials.” Campus officials were in contact with the FBI for information on OWS. A representative of the State University of New York at Oswego contacted the FBI for information on the OWS protests and reported to the FBI on the SUNY-Oswego Occupy encampment made up of students and professors.

Documents released show coordination between the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and corporate America. They include a report by the Domestic Security Alliance Council (DSAC), described by the federal government as “a strategic partnership between the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security and the private sector,” discussing the OWS protests at the West Coast ports to “raise awareness concerning this type of criminal activity.” The DSAC report shows the nature of secret collaboration between American intelligence agencies and their corporate clients - the document contains a “handling notice” that the information is “meant for use primarily within the corporate security community. Such messages shall not be released in either written or oral form to the media, the general public or other personnel…” (The DSAC document was also obtained by the Northern California ACLU which has sought local FBI surveillance files.)

Naval Criminal Investigative Services (NCIS) reported to the DSAC on the relationship between OWS and organized labor for the port actions. The NCIS describes itself as “an elite worldwide federal law enforcement organization” whose “mission is to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats to the United States Navy and Marine Corps ashore, afloat and in cyberspace.” The NCIS also assists with the transport of Guantanamo prisoners.

DSAC issued several tips to its corporate clients on “civil unrest” which it defines as ranging from “small, organized rallies to large-scale demonstrations and rioting.” It advised to dress conservatively, avoid political discussions and “avoid all large gatherings related to civil issues. Even seemingly peaceful rallies can spur violent activity or be met with resistance by security forces. Bystanders may be arrested or harmed by security forces using water cannons, tear gas or other measures to control crowds.”

The FBI in Anchorage reported from a Joint Terrorism Task Force meeting of November 3, 2011, about Occupy activities in Anchorage.

A port Facility Security Officer in Anchorage coordinated with the FBI to attend the meeting of protestors and gain intelligence on the planning of the port actions. He was advised to request the presence of an Anchorage Police Department official to also attend the event. The FBI Special Agent told the undercover private operative that he would notify the Joint Terrorism Task Force and that he would provide a point of contact at the Anchorage Police Department.

The Jacksonville, Florida FBI prepared a Domestic Terrorism briefing on the “spread of the Occupy Wall Street Movement” in October 2011. The intelligence meeting discussed Occupy venues identifying “Daytona, Gainesville and Ocala Resident Agency territories as portions …where some of the highest unemployment rates in Florida continue to exist.”

The Tampa, Florida FBI “Domestic Terrorism” liaison participated with the Tampa Police Department’s monthly intelligence meeting in which Occupy Lakeland, Occupy Polk County and Occupy St. Petersburg were discussed. They reported on an individual “leading the Occupy Tampa” and plans for travel to Gainesville for a protest planning meeting, as well as on Veterans for Peace plans to protest at MacDill Air Force Base.

The Federal Reserve in Richmond appears to have had personnel surveilling OWS planning. They were in contact with the FBI in Richmond to “pass on information regarding the movement known as occupy Wall Street.” There were repeated communications “to pass on updates of the events and decisions made during the small rallies and the following information received from the Capital Police Intelligence Unit through JTTF (Joint Terrorism Task Force).”

The Virginia FBI was collecting intelligence on the OWS movement for dissemination to the Virginia Fusion Center and other Intelligence divisions.

The Milwaukee division of the FBI was coordinating with the Ashwaubenon Public Safety division in Green Bay Wisconsin regarding Occupy.

The Memphis FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force met to discuss “domestic terrorism” threats, including, “Aryan Nations, Occupy Wall Street, and Anonymous.”

The Birmingham, AL division of the FBI sent communications to HAZMAT teams regarding the Occupy Wall Street movement.

The Jackson, Mississippi division of the FBI attended a meeting of the Bank Security Group in Biloxi, MS with multiple private banks and the Biloxi Police Department, in which they discussed an announced protest for “National Bad Bank Sit-In-Day” on December 7, 2011.

The Denver, CO FBI and its Bank Fraud Working Group met and were briefed on Occupy Wall Street in November 2011. Members of the Working Group include private financial institutions and local area law enforcement.

Jackson, MS Joint Terrorism Task Force issued a “Counterterrorism Preparedness” alert. This heavily redacted document includes the description, “To document…the Occupy Wall Street Movement.”

This happened under the Obama administration. The FBI and DHS are part of the executive branch.

When did Obama call the protesters terrorists?

I do not believe your stories about your flight problems, by the way.

This is not just my reaction, as shown above with about 10 videos from mainstream conservative new sources. We all consider this a declaration of war.

I don't care what you "demand" or what your comic-book "declarations of war" are about; I'm asking what is the obsession with a simple 30-second actuality of a talking head opining on a cultural issue, talking to no one, cutting a promo for a TV show.

Seems kind of insane. Seems downright obsessive.

I never did see or care about the Romney 47% video but I'm pretty sure it was not a TV promo.

Forum List

Back