Will obama issue an EO rewriting Amendment 22 and then run for a third term?

Last edited:
Suggest what? A President rewriting laws on his own, with an EO, instead of obeying the Law of the Lnad as written?

I agree. Only a maladjusted individual would even suggest it.

Too bad we have such an individual in the White House now.

It's an engaging intellectual exercise, but in reality, it's the one thing that would cause even Democrats to stand against him.

Between you and me....I think he's still shocked he got reelected.

I'm still shocked he got re-elected right after Ben Ghazi. It causes me to think that the American people on the whole have become impious and don't care about right and wrong anymore.
1, Learn how to spell it. 2, Stevens went there himself, 400 miles from the embassy where no one died, and 3, shit happens and it wasn't their fault.

He's an idiot without an equal.

The Trinity of Idiocy is healthmyths, shootspeeders, and edwardbaiamonte.

Their altar guild consist of Elketra, Listening, teapartysamurai, Econchick, Stephanie, and PoliticalChic.
You forgot Matthew and rotagilla...
Can't leave out those breathing after births...

He has given himself authority to issue executive orders that rewrite laws passed by congress . He rewrote parts of obamacare after it passed congress and he has rewritten our immigration laws that ban illegals from living or working here. Is rewriting an amendment so different?

If he does it, you can be sure the TV and newspaper press will be on his side.

Sure ... why not? Just a quick, executive order and, voila ... the law is changed. Who needs Congress or the will of the people when you have a brand new Bic, a Marxist Attorney General, and an ego the size of Texas?

hillbillies-with-guns.jpg

Hey y'all i'zzz dun posted anutheeerrr stupid post on that tharrr innerneckee thingee....

He has given himself authority to issue executive orders that rewrite laws passed by congress . He rewrote parts of obamacare after it passed congress and he has rewritten our immigration laws that ban illegals from living or working here. Is rewriting an amendment so different?

The 22nd amendment does not have the loopholes in it that allow the president wide latitudes in enforcement. When congress can't decide exactly how laws are to be implemented they include text that allows the president to make decision such in immigration law and environmental legislation. Much of what people think is written into the law is really written into regulations.

He will leave office but intends to continue to wield power through the Organizing for America he created. He will try to make the office of president a figurehead position.

It's an engaging intellectual exercise, but in reality, it's the one thing that would cause even Democrats to stand against him.
Now that's humorous.

A suggestion that liberal fanatics would ever stand against Obama, for any reason.

Kudoes for your fine sense of humor! :D

The survival of the party trumps ideology. Democrats are corrupt, evil, and despotic, but they aren't suicidal.

Now that's humorous.

A suggestion that liberal fanatics would ever stand against Obama, for any reason.

The survival of the party trumps ideology. Democrats are corrupt, evil, and despotic, but they aren't suicidal.

My liberal grandmother and aunt and two cousins have routinely advocated for having Obama as President for life and clapped wildly over his EO, admitting it was changing to law without congress. They adore him, and I don't know why, because they basically are not happy with his results.

really wierd

Between you and me....I think he's still shocked he got reelected.

I'm still shocked he got re-elected right after Ben Ghazi. It causes me to think that the American people on the whole have become impious and don't care about right and wrong anymore.
1, Learn how to spell it. 2, Stevens went there himself, 400 miles from the embassy where no one died, and 3, shit happens and it wasn't their fault.

Shit happens? That's your excuse for Benghazi?

Shit happens a lot with this Administration, Paint! At some point don't you think it does become their fault?

With all due respect, Shoot...Barry will run for the exits as soon as this second term is over! He's never had a clue what he's doing as President and the rest of the world has finally figured that out. He wants out of the Oval Office so bad now that he can taste it.
He's on vacation for two years, with a pension for the rest of his life. He's now the most relaxed man in America.

Hell no, Paint...he's still shitting himself that something else will happen that he'll have to make a tough decision on...something he's totally incapable of doing. When you get right down to it he's STILL the guy who voted "Present" all those times when he was a fledgling State Senator from Illinois.

ISIS is the perfect example of Barry "in action". He's tried to pretend they didn't exist. He's called them the JV. Then he's hemmed and hawed while they rolled across Iraq. He's essentially voted "Present" on ISIS as his policy. He's here...but he's going to do as little as humanly possible! Same thing with the Keystone pipeline. That's who he IS!

Now that's humorous.

Your evaluation summarizes both parties well. For the GOP, shutdown of the government and overthrow of the EO hurts them. Both parties will move on.

The 22nd Amendment only applies to Americans. As a Kenyan national, Obama is free to run as often as he wishes

The 22nd amendment does not have the loopholes in it that allow the president wide latitudes in enforcement. When congress can't decide exactly how laws are to be implemented they include text that allows the president to make decision such in immigration law and environmental legislation. Much of what people think is written into the law is really written into regulations.

He doesn't need loopholes, you fool.. Obozo just rewrites laws and he could do the same with amendments. There is no loophole in our immigration laws that allows the president to issue work permits to illegals.

As for laws written by regulators - that is unconstitutional since the constitution says "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states." Congress cannot transfer those powers to be the president or bureaucrats unless the states approve a constitutional amendment allowing the transfer.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Forum List

Back