Would You Feel Safe Traveling to London?

Why are there so MANY dumbasses on internet forums like this? Good grief. I'm really tired of the ignorance and stupidity and fear and accusations and all of the crap. I've just had it with this crappy place!

Funny that you bring this up because I was invited to take a trip to France this summer! I've never been out of the United States, so I'm a little nervous about it but also excited. :) No, I won't be "packing heat." Lol.

I won't let these terrorists stop me from enjoying my life.
Good evening, the mayor of Paris said we should not let the terrorists prevent us from living but by saying that she automatically forgets the victims they wanted to live. I would recommend that if you come to France do not come alone and tell your embassy about your trip and also beware of everyone else trust the policemen only.
From A French friend :) i wishes you a good journey in my wonderful country.

Not me unless I could go armed

How about you?

-Geaux
I had to go to London this summer with friends of mine they do not speak English me more ... I will stay in Normandy for this summer during the holidays it becomes a little risk there even if France warns is Very high also Normandy is the North and it is so beautiful.

Actually......London is a violent place even without muslim terrorism. Gun crime in London is up 42%....and violent crime in general is up by huge amounts.......they have cut back on police resources because the social welfare state is running out of money...and like all left wingers...the first place they cut is the police...since the rich left wingers will always get the most police protection....

Agree 100%. London is the only place in Europe I have 2 off duty police officer as body guards. The whole Asia only in the Philippines.

The fact is....you are more likely to be mugged, robbed, assaulted or burglarized in the UK than the US.

And terrorists are learning that guns are not necessary for mass killings when automobiles and trucks (and knives etc) are so readily available.

Vehicle control time in the UK.
I guess it's time to go back to horses and buggies in the liberal UK and eat with plastic utensils.

Notice Donald Trump is not placing a ban on vehicles, knives or guns coming from terrorists nations.....JUST THE PEOPLE who use them against others.
What a concept.
Back up this statement please. This is what I found.Crime Index by Country 2016 Mid Year
or this.http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/crime_stats_oecdjan2012.pdf

Here ya go. Politifact.com
Social media post says U.K. has far higher violent crime rate than U.S. does
Here's the BOTTOM LINE....
The Left claims the US has an astronomical crime rate because of....GUNS.

Well, truth is, the UK has a higher crime rate. As far as the MURDER rate...I did not find that statistic. Feel free to post it if you can. What I DO KNOW is that the vast majority of US gun deaths are 1). Suicides and 2). Gang on gang violence.
So even if they are COMPARABLE....the Left's argument becomes moot and irrelevant.

I've lived in two of the USA's higher ranked crime cities and in over half a century have never personally seen a gun used in a crime. So if you're not afraid of crime or getting killed in Europe you have no business claiming the USA is less safe.
Already did but don't take my word for it. Your own cited source said this to your claim.
Our ruling

The meme said "there are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the U.K.," compared to "466 violent crimes per 100,000" in the United States. Our preliminary attempt to make an apples-to-apples comparison shows a much smaller difference in violent crime rates between the two countries, but criminologists say differences in how the statistics are collected make it impossible to produce a truly valid comparison. We rate the claim False.

The moral seems to be read your own sources.

Yeah..you read the link and then didn't post the right quote....they state in that link that an apples to apples comparison shows that Britain is 2-3 times as dangerous as the U.S......it just isn't 5 times as dangerous.....thank you for your dishonest posting though, you confirm that all left wingers are liars....

From the link...the quote you didn't want to show...

Due to fundamental differences in how crime is recorded and categorized, it’s impossible to compute exactly what the British violent crime rate would be if it were calculated the way the FBI does it, but if we must compare the two, my best estimate‡ would be something like 776 violent crimes per 100,000 people. While this is still substantially higher than the rate in the United States, it’s nowhere near the 2,034 cited by Swann and the Mail.

The fact is....you are more likely to be mugged, robbed, assaulted or burglarized in the UK than the US.

And terrorists are learning that guns are not necessary for mass killings when automobiles and trucks (and knives etc) are so readily available.

Vehicle control time in the UK.
I guess it's time to go back to horses and buggies in the liberal UK and eat with plastic utensils.

Notice Donald Trump is not placing a ban on vehicles, knives or guns coming from terrorists nations.....JUST THE PEOPLE who use them against others.
What a concept.
Back up this statement please. This is what I found.Crime Index by Country 2016 Mid Year
or this.http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/crime_stats_oecdjan2012.pdf

Here ya go. Politifact.com
Social media post says U.K. has far higher violent crime rate than U.S. does
Here's the BOTTOM LINE....
The Left claims the US has an astronomical crime rate because of....GUNS.

Well, truth is, the UK has a higher crime rate. As far as the MURDER rate...I did not find that statistic. Feel free to post it if you can. What I DO KNOW is that the vast majority of US gun deaths are 1). Suicides and 2). Gang on gang violence.
So even if they are COMPARABLE....the Left's argument becomes moot and irrelevant.

I've lived in two of the USA's higher ranked crime cities and in over half a century have never personally seen a gun used in a crime. So if you're not afraid of crime or getting killed in Europe you have no business claiming the USA is less safe.
Already did but don't take my word for it. Your own cited source said this to your claim.
Our ruling

The meme said "there are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the U.K.," compared to "466 violent crimes per 100,000" in the United States. Our preliminary attempt to make an apples-to-apples comparison shows a much smaller difference in violent crime rates between the two countries, but criminologists say differences in how the statistics are collected make it impossible to produce a truly valid comparison. We rate the claim False.

The moral seems to be read your own sources.

Yeah..you read the link and then didn't post the right quote....they state in that link that an apples to apples comparison shows that Britain is 2-3 times as dangerous as the U.S......it just isn't 5 times as dangerous.....thank you for your dishonest posting though, you confirm that all left wingers are liars....

From the link...the quote you didn't want to show...

Due to fundamental differences in how crime is recorded and categorized, it’s impossible to compute exactly what the British violent crime rate would be if it were calculated the way the FBI does it, but if we must compare the two, my best estimate‡ would be something like 776 violent crimes per 100,000 people. While this is still substantially higher than the rate in the United States, it’s nowhere near the 2,034 cited by Swann and the Mail.
I did read the entire thing. When the source you site says an apples to apples comparison isn't an honest comparison, and then go as far as to rate to claim you made as false, why do you think a selective quote supersedes the conclusion, you are being dishonest.

No, you're bombarded with the smell of shish taouk everywhere!

Funny that you bring this up because I was invited to take a trip to France this summer! I've never been out of the United States, so I'm a little nervous about it but also excited. :) No, I won't be "packing heat." Lol.

Good evening, the mayor of Paris said we should not let the terrorists prevent us from living but by saying that she automatically forgets the victims they wanted to live. I would recommend that if you come to France do not come alone and tell your embassy about your trip and also beware of everyone else trust the policemen only.

Thanks! Maybe you have some tips for me about your country. Tell me everything you know please! :D

Thanks! Maybe you have some tips for me about your country. Tell me everything you know please! :D
The same tips that I already give and stay grouped together the Americans do not separate yourself after a night out in a nightclub as an example I say this because foreigners can be an easier prey and if it is Paris as you know it ' Is a bit messy and the terorrist threat is still there and the Parisians do not always give the right direction. Here I do not want to be a Joy Flapt better to be warned With what is happening in Europe

The same tips that I already give and stay grouped together the Americans do not separate yourself after a night out in a nightclub as an example I say this because foreigners can be an easier prey and if it is Paris as you know it ' Is a bit messy and the terorrist threat is still there and the Parisians do not always give the right direction. Here I do not want to be a Joy Flapt better to be warned With what is happening in Europe

What is a bit messy? I'm not going to Paris. :)

What is a bit messy? I'm not going to Paris. :)
I mean that there have been terrorist attacks and riots sometimes broke out in Paris. If you do not go to Paris it may be better.:)

La France sent les arabes. Faites quelques chose!

How about you?

-Geaux
Crossing the street is more dangerous than London. Are you planning to not ever do that? The goal of terrorism is not killing people, it is making people scared. I live in Belgium. Terrorist killed 32 people in Brussels and GDP dropped about 2 percent.Which one of those 2 facts do you feel is the more damaging to society?

Depends on what part of society you're in.

I just read an article on how to behave in France so they don't mock ewe! Right down to, you must pull your bread off in tiny little bites, do not pick it up and take a bite out of it. Learn French and do not eat your salad first! You finish your meal with the salad! Do not ask for a doggie bag that insults them. How petty are these people! Oh! And do not hug anyone either.

Sounds like it would be easier to just not go to France.

How about you?

-Geaux
Crossing the street is more dangerous than London. Are you planning to not ever do that? The goal of terrorism is not killing people, it is making people scared. I live in Belgium. Terrorist killed 32 people in Brussels and GDP dropped about 2 percent.Which one of those 2 facts do you feel is the more damaging to society?

There is not a part in my society where terrorism is a greater threat then crossing the street.

How about you?

-Geaux

There is not a part in my society where terrorism is a greater threat then crossing the street.

32 people might disagree.

Just remember, run as fast as you can and kick and scream if you can.

Isn't that what they are telling people to do?

Forum List

Back