Would You Feel Safe Traveling to London?

The fact is....you are more likely to be mugged, robbed, assaulted or burglarized in the UK than the US.

And terrorists are learning that guns are not necessary for mass killings when automobiles and trucks (and knives etc) are so readily available.

Vehicle control time in the UK.
I guess it's time to go back to horses and buggies in the liberal UK and eat with plastic utensils.

Notice Donald Trump is not placing a ban on vehicles, knives or guns coming from terrorists nations.....JUST THE PEOPLE who use them against others.
What a concept.
Back up this statement please. This is what I found.Crime Index by Country 2016 Mid Year
or this.http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/crime_stats_oecdjan2012.pdf

Here ya go. Politifact.com
Social media post says U.K. has far higher violent crime rate than U.S. does
Here's the BOTTOM LINE....
The Left claims the US has an astronomical crime rate because of....GUNS.

Well, truth is, the UK has a higher crime rate. As far as the MURDER rate...I did not find that statistic. Feel free to post it if you can. What I DO KNOW is that the vast majority of US gun deaths are 1). Suicides and 2). Gang on gang violence.
So even if they are COMPARABLE....the Left's argument becomes moot and irrelevant.

I've lived in two of the USA's higher ranked crime cities and in over half a century have never personally seen a gun used in a crime. So if you're not afraid of crime or getting killed in Europe you have no business claiming the USA is less safe.
Already did but don't take my word for it. Your own cited source said this to your claim.
Our ruling

The meme said "there are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the U.K.," compared to "466 violent crimes per 100,000" in the United States. Our preliminary attempt to make an apples-to-apples comparison shows a much smaller difference in violent crime rates between the two countries, but criminologists say differences in how the statistics are collected make it impossible to produce a truly valid comparison. We rate the claim False.

The moral seems to be read your own sources.

[
Not me unless I could go armed

How about you?

-Geaux
Crossing the street is more dangerous than London. Are you planning to not ever do that? The goal of terrorism is not killing people, it is making people scared. I live in Belgium. Terrorist killed 32 people in Brussels and GDP dropped about 2 percent.Which one of those 2 facts do you feel is the more damaging to society?
Maybe European countries should be hit where it hurts! In the wallet? I suspect gvmnts would then come up with more rigorous plans for ridding us of this crap.
You seem to not get, or not want to understand what I said. We are hit in the wallets. Terrorist killed 32 people in Brussels and GDP dropped about 2 percent. So the premise of what you say is already invalidated. The reason GDP dropped was because of increased funding for anti-terrorism, but more importantly because of decrease in tourism. A few people killed 32 and the damage was 100's of millions of dollars. Last week 5 people were gunned down in Orlando because of a disgruntled worker. Are these people less dead? Is Orlando a killing field now? Should people stop going there? So explain the difference?
You seem not to be understanding what I'm saying. For every terrorist attack we allow in Europe, I hope visitors think twice before coming. I hope we get hit in the wallet, because I believe that losing MONEY is now possibly the only thing that will galvanise our gvmnts into getting off their fat asses and doing whatever is necessary to PREVENT these attacks. Money talks, dead 8 year old girls don't seem to.

[

How about you?

-Geaux
Crossing the street is more dangerous than London. Are you planning to not ever do that? The goal of terrorism is not killing people, it is making people scared. I live in Belgium. Terrorist killed 32 people in Brussels and GDP dropped about 2 percent.Which one of those 2 facts do you feel is the more damaging to society?
Maybe European countries should be hit where it hurts! In the wallet? I suspect gvmnts would then come up with more rigorous plans for ridding us of this crap.
You seem to not get, or not want to understand what I said. We are hit in the wallets. Terrorist killed 32 people in Brussels and GDP dropped about 2 percent. So the premise of what you say is already invalidated. The reason GDP dropped was because of increased funding for anti-terrorism, but more importantly because of decrease in tourism. A few people killed 32 and the damage was 100's of millions of dollars. Last week 5 people were gunned down in Orlando because of a disgruntled worker. Are these people less dead? Is Orlando a killing field now? Should people stop going there? So explain the difference?
You seem not to be understanding what I'm saying. For every terrorist attack we allow in Europe, I hope visitors think twice before coming. I hope we get hit in the wallet, because I believe that losing MONEY is now possibly the only thing that will galvanise our gvmnts into getting off their fat asses and doing whatever is necessary to PREVENT these attacks. Money talks, dead 8 year old girls don't seem to.
Can I ask you where you're from? Like I said, terrorism is already having tremendous economical consequences. You imply that solving the problem of terrorism is a matter of political will. Please tell me, what you think would be the solution?

Earlier I said I would NOT be cancelling my forthcoming British trip due to threat of terrorism.

However I have decided that I may well cancel if Britain has become sufficiently unglued as to choose a deranged Marxist-Leninist as its next Prime Minister.

cartoon-jeremy-corbyn-4.jpg

Earlier I said I would NOT be cancelling my forthcoming British trip due to threat of terrorism.

However I have decided that I may well cancel if Britain has become sufficiently unglued as to choose a deranged Marxist-Leninist as its next Prime Minister.

cartoon-jeremy-corbyn-4.jpg

Not me. I probably won't meet any politicians on my vacation, so why would that stop you?

Seriously, it's kind of silly to stop traveling because you are worried about a terrorist attack when your chances of crashing in the plane that is carrying you there are MUCH greater. ;) Let's put things into perspective, you bunch of poor little scared babies. :D

The odds of being killed in a terrorist attack are about as likely as winning the Powerball jackpot. I realize it's not impossible and that the chance exists, but I'm certainly not going to just stay home because of a 1 in a 3 billion chance that I could be killed in a terrorist attack. That is EXACTLY what the terrorists want, and if you are living your life in fear, then they have WON.
Your dismissive manner of this is in poor taste

These are not airplane crashes and lightning strikes. Try a little seasoned perspective on that.

And even if was just an airplane still would not assess all flights equally; like landing or taking off in a snowstorm

The odds of being killed in a terrorist attack are about as likely as winning the Powerball jackpot. I realize it's not impossible and that the chance exists, but I'm certainly not going to just stay home because of a 1 in a 3 billion chance that I could be killed in a terrorist attack. That is EXACTLY what the terrorists want, and if you are living your life in fear, then they have WON.
Your dismissive manner of this is in poor taste

These are not airplane crashes and lightning strikes. Try a little seasoned perspective on that.

And even if was just an airplane still would not assess all flights equally; like landing or taking off in a snowstorm

You all deserve to be dismissed. You are a bunch of paranoid weirdos.

I met a great guy. We get along great, and he's taking me to France. If you think for a SECOND, that I would say, "oh forget because of terrorists," then you have a screw loose. As I said, they have already won with you people. You are living in fear, which is their goal. Lol! You are playing right into their hands. Enjoy that!

[

How about you?

-Geaux
I won't go to Chicago either!

I do, but normally by car, and I'm always packin.

[

How about you?

-Geaux

Are you from England? And if so, are you old enough to remember things before they disarmed citizens?

Forum List

Back