Wow, the Left really turning on Obama

[

You liked the military because they tend to promote people for time in service without committing any crimes. For a guy who likes jobs where he can "skate" it's the perfect situation, Joey! You get "irritated" by the Private Sector because they promote on merit and people who "skate" tend to stagnate at a certain level. I would suggest a job in the Public Sector for you, "Radar"! You'd get the promotions based on how long you'd worked there and just about EVERYONE goes through the motions so you'd fit right in!

No, they promoted on the basis of merit. You not only had to achieve a certain number of promotion points, but you had to also qualify with a certain number of schools. You then had to appear in front of a promotion board of more senior NCO's and make your case for being promoted.

Now compare that to the private sector, where I saw a guy promoted because he was drinking buddies with the GM, another lady promote because she was fucking the Regional VP (and we were all warned not to upset this woman no matter what stupid ideas she came up with). I saw another guy get fired because his ex-girlfriend was now fucking a Sales Manager.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of "Merit" in the private sector, bud. Kind of the oppossite of that.

Come on, Joey...I'm not even in the military and I know that early promotions simply come with keeping your nose clean and putting in the time. You've got to be a major fuck-up NOT to get promoted automatically with time served.

It's amazing to me how it seems like every Private Sector job you've held turned out to be a company that was run by sadistic, over-sexed, greedy and incompetent owners and managers and yet in the forty years that I was in the Private Sector...I didn't run across that very often at all!

Gee, either you're REALLY unlucky, Joe...or I must be blessed!

Or maybe you're just talking out of your ass...

[

Come on, Joey...I'm not even in the military and I know that early promotions simply come with keeping your nose clean and putting in the time. You've got to be a major fuck-up NOT to get promoted automatically with time served.

Uh, no, actually, that pretty much stops at E-4, the rank your girlfriend got to.

To make E-5, you have to attend PLDC and be in a leadership position that you have proven yourself capable of handling.

To make E-6, you have to complete BNCOC, be in a squad leader or section leader position.

To make E-7, you have to complete ANCOC, and also acquire a second MOS and be in a platoon leader position.

Point is, there are only a limited number of NCO positions. If you don't hit E-5 within a certain period of service, they muster you out and thank you for your service.

It's amazing to me how it seems like every Private Sector job you've held turned out to be a company that was run by sadistic, over-sexed, greedy and incompetent owners and managers and yet in the forty years that I was in the Private Sector...I didn't run across that very often at all!

Guy, you are honestly saying you were in the Club business for 40 years and no one was fucking a cocktail waitress on the side? That sounds a little implausible.

[

Uh, no, actually, that pretty much stops at E-4, the rank your girlfriend got to.

To make E-5, you have to attend PLDC and be in a leadership position that you have proven yourself capable of handling.

To make E-6, you have to complete BNCOC, be in a squad leader or section leader position.

To make E-7, you have to complete ANCOC, and also acquire a second MOS and be in a platoon leader position.

Point is, there are only a limited number of NCO positions. If you don't hit E-5 within a certain period of service, they muster you out and thank you for your service.

Like I said, Joey...EARLY promotions are basically automatic unless you're a fuck-up.

Guy, you are honestly saying you were in the Club business for 40 years and no one was fucking a cocktail waitress on the side? That sounds a little implausible.

Sex on the side happens in ALL work places INCLUDING the military! For you to sit here and declare that the Private Sector doesn't work as well as the Public Sector because you know a guy who knows a guy who got screwed over because the boss was screwing someone is laughable! Or are you going to now declare that doesn't happen in the military?

You use all of these supposed scandals as the reason why YOU don't get promoted or why YOU got let go by some company, Joe and I've got to be honest with you...that is NOT my experience working in the club business for all those years!

My experience was that if you WERE a highly competent manager or employee...you were treated like gold. That was the case not because somebody passed a law that FORCED an employer to act that way...it happened because great employees and great managers make money for owners of businesses. Have I been screwed over by an owner? Yes, I have been! There are idiots in the world. When you run into one the only intelligent thing to do is to work elsewhere. Somehow, Joey...EVERYONE you work for is an idiot! EVERYONE you work for is a crook! EVERYONE you work for is greedy!

You are obviously the most unlucky person in the world!!!

4qif4z.jpg

Sex on the side happens in ALL work places INCLUDING the military! For you to sit here and declare that the Private Sector doesn't work as well as the Public Sector because you know a guy who knows a guy who got screwed over because the boss was screwing someone is laughable! Or are you going to now declare that doesn't happen in the military?

True it does. But the military has pretty fucking strict rules about PDA and fraternization.

Nobody got promoted to squad leader because she was banging the Platoon Sergeant.

Sadly, I've seen this kind of bad behavior frequently in the private sector. Smaller companies, the ones you wingnuts worship, are usually a lot worse because they don't have HR departments churning out tons of rules.

Like I said, Joey...EARLY promotions are basically automatic unless you're a fuck-up.

So you really don't understand how ti works, then?

I understand EXACTLY how it works, you idiot! ONCE AGAIN...EARLY PROMOTIONS ARE BASICALLY AUTOMATIC UNLESS YOU ARE A FUCK UP!!!

"Decentralized Promotions (E-2 through E-4).
Decentralized Promotions means that the unit (company) is the promotion authority. By theory, the commander decides who gets promoted and who doesn't. In actuality, because there are no quotas for promotion for E-2s through E-4s, commanders pretty much promote everyone (as long as they do their job okay and don't get into trouble) who meet the "promotion criteria." The "promotion criteria" is set by the Army to ensure that the "promotion flow" remains stable, and everyone (regardless of MOS) can expect to be promoted at the same (approximate) time-frame."
Army Enlisted Promotion System

You use all of these supposed scandals as the reason why YOU don't get promoted or why YOU got let go by some company, Joe and I've got to be honest with you...that is NOT my experience working in the club business for all those years!

Right, was that when you weren't snorting coke off a waitress' stomach?

You really don't have the faintest idea what a manager of a high volume food and beverage establishment DOES...do you, Joey? Sadly, we're generally much too busy doing the job that keeps something like that running smoothly to be "snorting coke off a waitress' stomach"!

True it does. But the military has pretty fucking strict rules about PDA and fraternization.

Nobody got promoted to squad leader because she was banging the Platoon Sergeant.

Sadly, I've seen this kind of bad behavior frequently in the private sector. Smaller companies, the ones you wingnuts worship, are usually a lot worse because they don't have HR departments churning out tons of rules.

So with all these "strict rules", Joey...why is it the military is constantly embroiled in scandals involving sex and fraternization? You see this as a rampant problem in the Private Sector but not in the Public? Yeah, because as we all know...nobody in government has sex...right, Joey?

So with all these "strict rules", Joey...why is it the military is constantly embroiled in scandals involving sex and fraternization? You see this as a rampant problem in the Private Sector but not in the Public? Yeah, because as we all know...nobody in government has sex...right, Joey?

People don't go to jail for that in the civilian world. They DO go to jail for it in the military.

People don't go to jail for that in the civilian world. They DO go to jail for it in the military.

Refresh my memory, Joe...did David Petraeus go to jail for his affair? Why don't you go ahead and tell me the name of the last General in the American military who did jail time for having sex with subordinates!

Forum List

Back