Yes, I'm a Conservative, But SOME Rent Control IS Necesary

A parent would have the option of staying home of the best option at the moment is minimum wage work that only increases the cost basis from not staying home.

Parents have tax credits too. I think the parental leave would be helpful. But to offer them $31,200.00 for the rest of their lives? No.

It costs the owners of the property quite a bit.
I agree. Rent control should be abolished in favor of promoting the general welfare.

All procedural and substantive due process should strive to be this majestic:

“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.”

― Anatole France

Parents have tax credits too. I think the parental leave would be helpful. But to offer them $31,200.00 for the rest of their lives? No.
You need more than your false morality due to our First Amendment. The Law is the Law for Legal purposes.

You need more than your false morality due to our First Amendment. The Law is the Law for Legal purposes.

And UC is completely legal and compliant to the US Constitution.

Your pipedream of $31,200 a year for sitting on your ass, while you are capable of working, will never happen.

And as for means testing, do you actually think a US Congressman would spend $2.5 billion on a program without any way of verifying the need of its participants? One news story of someone with ample means of supporting themselves and still drawing $31,200 would bring such a backlash that the entire program would fold.

Let's include a customs detachment to the postal service for ease of integration and use of postal service communication cloud.

You are the math guy on this. How many containers per year need to be serviced to break even?

An average of 12 million containers come into the US annually. You would have to charge an additional $209 per container to break even. Thereby raising the price of all imported items sold in the US. So everyone would pay more for their goods, so that some people would be able to sit on their ass without working.

And yes, there would be means testing, as I have explained before.

Let's include a customs detachment to the postal service for ease of integration and use of postal service communication cloud.

The US Postal Service is funded by the federal gov't. In 2016, the USPS had its fifth straight annual operating loss, in the amount of $5.6 billion. And you want to add to that load by 12 million shipping containers coming into our ports?

The ports themselves have not been expanded to any read degree in decades, while the volume has increased dramatically. So you want to hand that over to the USPS? Sure, what could go wrong?

An average of 12 million containers come into the US annually. You would have to charge an additional $209 per container to break even. Thereby raising the price of all imported items sold in the US. So everyone would pay more for their goods, so that some people would be able to sit on their ass without working.

And yes, there would be means testing, as I have explained before.
All those people "getting paid to do nothing" would still be circulation capital and paying general taxes.

The US Postal Service is funded by the federal gov't. In 2016, the USPS had its fifth straight annual operating loss, in the amount of $5.6 billion. And you want to add to that load by 12 million shipping containers coming into our ports?

The ports themselves have not been expanded to any read degree in decades, while the volume has increased dramatically. So you want to hand that over to the USPS? Sure, what could go wrong?
Streamlining operations can reduce operating costs while supply side economics can help generate general revenue for the general Government.

All those people "getting paid to do nothing" would still be circulation capital and paying general taxes.

Yes, they would be paid to do nothing, while others work 40+ hours a week to live. Whether the capital circulates or not is irrelevant. You making it sound as though it were a good investment for the economy ignores the damages done to pay for it.

Soaking the tax payers for $2.5 billion just so people can live a good life without working is simply immoral. You require others to work so you can sit on your ass. And then have the audacity to demand that there be no means testing? lol Start buying lottery tickets. Your chances are better.

Streamlining operations can reduce operating costs while supply side economics can help generate general revenue for the general Government.

The postal service is drowning in red ink. They have neither the expertise or the manpower to handle the posts.

And the increase in the prices of all those good would put some businesses into bankrupcy.

Yes, they would be paid to do nothing, while others work 40+ hours a week to live. Whether the capital circulates or not is irrelevant. You making it sound as though it were a good investment for the economy ignores the damages done to pay for it.

Soaking the tax payers for $2.5 billion just so people can live a good life without working is simply immoral. You require others to work so you can sit on your ass. And then have the audacity to demand that there be no means testing? lol Start buying lottery tickets. Your chances are better.

Imagine the negative multiplier.

The postal service is drowning in red ink. They have neither the expertise or the manpower to handle the posts.

And the increase in the prices of all those good would put some businesses into bankrupcy.
Upgrading postal infrastructure means increasing supply for the private sector and revenue for the public sector. Economies of scale are what help control inflation. Supply side economics.

, When I had a good apartment complex (at a low rent), in addition to my apartment, I had 2 swimming pools, an exercise room, a large clubhouse, 2 tennis courts, a basketball court, use of computers, and a maintenance crew to attend to every thing needing to be fixed, at no cost to me. Let's look at the WHOLE picture.
You paid for all that every month in your rent. You say it was low, but did you compare it to similar apartments without all those amenities? Unless your landlord was an idiot, they were much cheaper. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Forum List

Back