Yes We Have Enough Trees

And then we do small bit more research:

@TNHarley
Seriously, we are talking about some of the top scientific minds in the world and some idiots think they have sussed on an internet forum...

Sorry you don't like the truth but that doesn't mean you make up your own... There are only one set of facts...

I think the deniers were given ample time and space to make their argument and it has been very much a failure.. They made in roads in propaganda with the ignorant and the wilfully blind...

There used to be a time when deniers used to quote scientists but that has gone now because they are massively discredited through their own actions or reevaluated the evidence..

This is like segregated schools the game is over for debating and is now about fixing..
I live on a GIANT GLACIAL MORAINE in NY called Long Island.
What happened to the MILE THICK GLACIER THAT WAS HERE????
What MAN MADE EVIL melted the Laurentide Ice Sheet????
Today's clamoring about climate change is completely POLITICAL!!!!
It's a MARXIST ATTACK ON THE PEOPLE, that's ALL IT IS!

More photosynthesis occurs on an acre of golf course than an acre of rainforest.
Cutting down trees is one thing, but if you are deforesting to plant crops or raise cattle, that's something else.

Not to mention they have produced a bionic leaf that is ten times better at it than a real plant,
and creates a fuel (isopropanol) in the process that you may even be able to use in vehicles at some point.

I love trees too ... But let's not get carried away with the science part of the argument.

I want to hear more about this "bionic leaf" and how much it costs to produce, as well as how many resources it takes to create said "leaf". No, I'm not being sarcastic, I really want to know.

The rain forest is being deforested for corporate greed from what I've read over the years. Not for planting crops or replanting new trees, grass, wheat, or anything esle. If that were the case, the "hippie set" wouldn't be up in arms about it.

Some plants filter better and more than others. Planting those highest filtering trees and plants would be best.

I want to hear more about this "bionic leaf" and how much it costs to produce, as well as how many resources it takes to create said "leaf". No, I'm not being sarcastic, I really want to know.

The post you quoted contains the article about the bionic leaf.

They had problems with the first version because the catalyst they were using worked,
but then attacked the bacteria that made it possible to create the biomass as a fuel.
They have since settled on an alternative catalyst compound that eliminates the attack on the bacteria and increased conversion and production overall.

As a function, it uses sunlight, to convert hydrogen and carbon dioxide in the air, into isopropanol and releases oxygen ... Photosynthesis.

It's also why the rainforest argument eventually falls flat ... Photosynthesis only affects leaf surface and in comparison with the amount of light it captures.
It doesn't matter how tall a tree is or how many leaves it may have, if 90% of them are only getting a minimal amount of light.

You cut something down in a rainforest and something is going to grow, even if you leave it alone.
Whatever grows will have more leaf exposure to the light ... Until the trees get tall enough to shade everything including themselves.

That why the golf course provides for more photosynthesis ... It's like a carpet of leaf surface,
and the leaves are short enough, that every part of the leaf gets more exposure to light.

That's why when you cut your grass it grows faster ... More photosynthesis and more biomass.
That why trees grow faster in their first 20 years than as they age and start to shade themselves while trying to provide for a greater demand.

There is never a need to assume that science or mother nature has a political agenda ... :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:

The post you quoted contains the article about the bionic leaf.

They had problems with the first version because the catalyst they were using worked,
but then attacked the bacteria that made it possible to create the biomass as a fuel.
They have since settled on an alternative catalyst compound that eliminates the attack on the bacteria and increased conversion and production overall.

As a function, it uses sunlight, to convert hydrogen and carbon dioxide in the air, into isopropanol and releases oxygen ... Photosynthesis.

It's also why the rainforest argument eventually falls flat ... Photosynthesis only affects leaf surface and in comparison with the amount of light it captures.
It doesn't matter how tall a tree is or how many leaves it may have, if 90% of them are only getting a minimal amount of light.

You cut something down in a rainforest and something is going to grow, even if you leave it alone.
Whatever grows will have more leaf exposure to the light ... Until the trees get tall enough to shade everything including themselves.

That why the golf course provides for more photosynthesis ... It's like a carpet of leaf surface,
and the leaves are short enough, that every part of the leaf gets more exposure to light.

That's why when you cut your grass it grows faster ... More photosynthesis and more biomass.
That why trees grow faster in their first 20 years than as they age and start to shade themselves while trying to provide for a greater demand.

There is never a need to assume that science or mother nature has a political agenda ... :auiqs.jpg:

Well sure, anything thats crowded together isn't going to work to it's full potential.

Thinning a forest for maximum affect is one thing. Completely mowing it down is another. It is the LACK of trees, period.
As for what grows back.........IF anything grows back, it will take years for full development to occur, even though it may have leaves when it first buds. Unless they are planting trees and other vegetaton in other areas to recoup from the areas they are tearing down and mining, it's just going to get worse. And I don't think they are replanting in other areas.

More photosynthesis occurs on an acre of golf course than an acre of rainforest.
Cutting down trees is one thing, but if you are deforesting to plant crops or raise cattle, that's something else.

Not to mention they have produced a bionic leaf that is ten times better at it than a real plant,
and creates a fuel (isopropanol) in the process that you may even be able to use in vehicles at some point.

I love trees too ... But let's not get carried away with the science part of the argument.

Ok, thanks. I didn't even notice the link before.

That "leaf" sounds fascinating. I am severely interested in this! I love science discoveries.:D

I wonder if they could create these in actual leaf form and put them on those cell towers they make to look like actual trees?
That would be awesome.

Well sure, anything thats crowded together isn't going to work to it's full potential.

Thinning a forest for maximum affect is one thing. Completely mowing it down is another. It is the LACK of trees, period.
As for what grows back.........IF anything grows back, it will take years for full development to occur, even though it may have leaves when it first buds. Unless they are planting trees and other vegetaton in other areas to recoup from the areas they are tearing down and mining, it's just going to get worse. And I don't think they are replanting in other areas.

Things grow faster in their early years than as they age ... It doesn't matter what it looks like or what leaf surface is included.

Take people for instance, and the way we assume that teenagers grow so fast.
When they are a baby, they may be 24" long, and by the time they are 10 they may be 4' tall.
That's a 100% increase ... What do you think the chances are they are going to 8' tall when they are 20.

I grow trees ... :auiqs.jpg:

When plants grow, photosynthesis is what fuels that growth, and the less effective it is the slower they will grow.
When you cut down a bunch of trees ... There isn't a bunch of trees standing there ...
But give a year, and that doesn't mean that nothing will be growing, nor does it mean that what is growing doesn't have better results in photosynthesis.

Last edited:
Completely mowing it down is another. It is the LACK of trees, period.

1661353383733.png

Do you see all those damn trees ... They are cypress and were very valuable at one time.

Where that picture is taken, 100 years ago, they had cut every damn tree there was.
People were screaming that nothing would grow back, and it would completely destroy the ecosystem, never to recover.

Guess what ... They were full of shit, and mother nature had another plan ... :auiqs.jpg:
There wasn't any replanting and all that mess grew on its own.
It isn't the barren landscape they were telling everyone corporate greed would leave them with.

.​

Last edited:
H Walker wont debate Warnock, WHY because he claims every one will be watching Sunday night football. BUT the debate is on Thursday.
THIS GUY beats out every one both sides of the isle for NOT QUALIFIED AT ALL.

H Walker wont debate Warnock, WHY because he claims every one will be watching Sunday night football. BUT the debate is on Thursday.
THIS GUY beats out every one both sides of the isle for NOT QUALIFIED AT ALL.
In the alternate universe, all it now takes to qualify is if you are perceived as MAGA.

You can be a medium-sized household appliance and qualify, if you're perceived as MAGA.

These people are in a jihad. They just don't give a shit.

The emission of greenhouse gases from burning fossil fuels, at a rate 4000x higher than pre-industrial levels, is the cause of man made climate change so...
what is happening? What part of the climate has changed?

Seems to be as small as your world.
Yes, my world is very small.

As opposed to those who have attached themselves to a left wing or right wing ideology and refuse to accurately understand the opinions of those outside it, I remain curious and constantly ask questions. As opposed to those who think that they and their tribe have all the answers, I believe that the best and longest-lasting ideas come from every direction, across the spectrum, via the communication and collaboration that leads to innovation. Much like our Constitution.

So yeah, I think you've really nailed it there, Einstein. :113:

As opposed to those who have attached themselves to a left wing or right wing ideology and refuse to accurately understand the opinions of those outside it, I remain curious and constantly ask questions. As opposed to those who think that they and their tribe have all the answers, I believe that the best and longest-lasting ideas come from every direction, across the spectrum, via the communication and collaboration that leads to innovation. Much like our Constitution.

You talk the talk you have yet to walk the walk. You simply lie to yourself and all of us, we understand.

You talk the talk you have yet to walk the walk. You simply lie to yourself and all of us, we understand.
Well, I'd challenge you to back up your words by starting a thread and asking me for my actual positions and ideas, but you guys just don't seem to want to do that.

Hell, there's already a bitch & moan thread here: Calling out Mac1958

So think what you want, Karen. I'm used to the whining here.

like you are attached and say you aren't, funny shit old man.

Well, I'd challenge you to back up your words by starting a thread and asking me for my actual positions and ideas, but you guys just don't seem to want to do that.

Hell, there's already a bitch & moan thread here: Calling muck out

So think what you want, Karen. I'm used to the whining here.
Why would I care about your ideas or positions, you don't respect or care about mine? You have quite the ego.

When a healthy portion of our population is only interested in wealth redistribution, communication and collaboration is a pipe dream.

Do you see why our options are limited to....war...? :dunno:

Forum List

Back