You Are No Longer Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, for the stubborn, they were discussing ELECTIONS not residency.

who elects who?? for the blatantly stubborn.

Uhh, were you reading the same thing I was reading?

His words were and I quote: "they have no place in the state of New York"

Listen to the whole conversation instead of your MessiahRushie.

Jan. 17, 2014: Gov. Cuomo, Comptroller DiNapoli, Bill Hammond, Susan Lerner | Member Supported Public Television, Radio |WCNY

"that's not who New Yorkers are"

Care to try again?

Out of context.

Care to try again?

Looks like there is going to be an exodus of some from NY. If that's the game they want to play, they can. NY will simply be destroyed faster.

If it wasn't for our grand kids we would be long gone from this state,We were effectively screwed out of hard to say how much NG monies and there isn't anything that looks good in the future. Other than our grand kids and their family.

Listen to the whole conversation instead of your MessiahRushie.

Jan. 17, 2014: Gov. Cuomo, Comptroller DiNapoli, Bill Hammond, Susan Lerner | Member Supported Public Television, Radio |WCNY

Care to try again?

Out of context.

Care to try again?

Bullshit. So if it were elections, one would have to assume that he wasn't just talking about the elected, but the electors as well... or what we more commonly know as THE VOTERS.

Sit boy.

context, even from a link complaining about it:

Gov. Andrew Cuomo: conservatives ?have no place in the state of New York? | Fr. Z's Blog
You have a schism within the Republican Party. … They’re searching to define their soul, that’s what’s going on. Is the Republican party in this state a moderate party or is it an extreme conservative party? That’s what they’re trying to figure out. It’s a mirror of what’s going on in Washington. The gridlock in Washington is less about Democrats and Republicans. It’s more about extreme Republicans versus moderate Republicans.

… You’re seeing that play out in New York. … The Republican Party candidates are running against the SAFE Act — it was voted for by moderate Republicans who run the Senate! Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves. Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, [!] pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.

And what he was saying, IN CONTEXT, is that the extremists (and it's just a guess, but the tea party includes radical anti - choice people) and regressives of the republican party don't fit in with NY REPUBLICANS.

Sure he could have phrased it more specifically, and in writing probably would have, but his intent, in context, was clear enough to anyone not looking for a reason for poutrage.

And before you get started about "idol worship," I haven't liked the kid so much. I liked his dad, but Jr. wasn't dubbed mayor 1% or some such by the occupy movement because of his common touch.

Excellent post.:thup:

Let me concede a half a point.

In CONTEXT, I will agree that the Governor WAS indeed talking about Conservatism within the context of the Republican PARTY.

That is a fair thing to say, as chickenwing more or less claims.

However, that still does not entirely get Cuomo off the hook.

What he is suggesting is that the CONSERVATIVE element of the Republican Party in NY is not welcome in NY because NY politics is more "moderate" (whatever that no word is supposed to mean). Hey Andy, you asshole, STFU.

The GOP should lower itself to contemplate YOUR self-serving asshole "advice" the moment YOU start giving more than mere lip service to "moderation" instead of toeing the fucking full-fledged LIBERAL line in your policies.

What NY NEEDS (urgently) is a stronger voice of dissent in OPPOSITION to your far left wing liberal political philosophy and governance. That would serve to moderate the out of control turn to the left which is dragging NY State down down down.

Yes, I'm smarter than you. Did I answer the question?

How did you turn a quote about factions within the Republican Party into a diatribe about Republicans having a right o live in New York State? Segregating blacks and whites? :eek:

You may have to stay after school

You may need to quit trolling RW. The teacher will have you beating the erasers as your punishment!

If you read closely, he said "they have no place here in the state of New York" not just the party, but to anyone who espoused those ideals. Go sit in the corner.

What is it with conservatives and taking things in context? When he is talking about the Republican Party and then says "they" he is talking about the party. Nowhere in his statement does he talk about individuals

So how did you screw it up so badly and turn it into a "Cuomo wants to kick Republicans out of his state" diatribe?

Care to try again?

Out of context.

Care to try again?

Bullshit. So if it were elections, one would have to assume that he wasn't just talking about the elected, but the electors as well... or what we more commonly know as THE VOTERS.

Sit boy.

He said the NY voters for the most part do not vote for extremists, that is if you bothered to listen to the WHOLE interview.

How did you turn a quote about factions within the Republican Party into a diatribe about Republicans having a right o live in New York State? Segregating blacks and whites? :eek:

You may have to stay after school

You may need to quit trolling RW. The teacher will have you beating the erasers as your punishment!

If you read closely, he said "they have no place here in the state of New York" not just the party, but to anyone who espoused those ideals. Go sit in the corner.

What is it with conservatives and taking things in context? When he is talking about the Republican Party and then says "they" he is talking about the party. Nowhere in his statement does he talk about individuals

So how did you screw it up so badly and turn it into a "Cuomo wants to kick Republicans out of his state" diatribe?

who the hell do you think makes up the party,floor tiles??

Out of context.

Care to try again?

Sit boy.

He said the NY voters for the most part do not vote for extremists, that is if you bothered to listen to the WHOLE interview.

Then we should talk about who he and you think are extremist,a label conveniently used way to much.

"Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

Those were the words uttered by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. These words have also signaled to me the arrival of something I've feared in America. This something is an era of hyper-partisanship, where mere political affiliation can warrant someone telling you "you have no place here." Has our partisanship reached such a level where we tell someone they no longer belong in the same state as you? Where will those of similar political leanings be speaking out against this?

Do Democrats and Republicans alike not have the same right to live in New York or anywhere? It was bad enough segregating blacks and whites some 50 and 60 years ago, now we must segregate between the letters "D" and "R"? This is why I speak in support of bipartisanship. This is why I favor it. For this is what partisanship will reap.

One will say "I will never get along with them." But I say you don't have to. However it isn't right or moral to begrudge them a place among their fellow Americans that they have made for themselves to live because of what their political beliefs are. The law notwithstanding, a man of any idea or philosophy should be welcome in America.

What Governor Cuomo demonstrated to the rest of America is an utter lack of tolerance, a lack of goodwill. No aspect of partisanship towards his fellow New Yorkers. The onus rests with the people who elected him, those people being the Democrats themselves. He is the manifestation of the intolerance they profess to combat. Cuomo represents an aspect of hatred that Democrats claim not to possess towards those of different beliefs.

Hyper-partisanship and Hyper-Patriotism have long been the breeding ground of far right troglodytes:eusa_shhh:

Oh you have a place in America and NY, we all need garbage cans

Floor tiles?

Floor tiles can't vote in New York. It is registered voters who vote and as Governor Cuomo pointed out......If you are running on an extremist platform, you will not get anywhere in NY

Floor tiles?

Floor tiles can't vote in New York. It is registered voters who vote and as Governor Cuomo pointed out......If you are running on an extremist platform, you will not get anywhere in NY

Good god your dense.

So why are Upstate sheriffs refusing to enforce the safe act?? Their all extremist??

"Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

Those were the words uttered by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. These words have also signaled to me the arrival of something I've feared in America. This something is an era of hyper-partisanship, where mere political affiliation can warrant someone telling you "you have no place here." Has our partisanship reached such a level where we tell someone they no longer belong in the same state as you? Where will those of similar political leanings be speaking out against this?

Do Democrats and Republicans alike not have the same right to live in New York or anywhere? It was bad enough segregating blacks and whites some 50 and 60 years ago, now we must segregate between the letters "D" and "R"? This is why I speak in support of bipartisanship. This is why I favor it. For this is what partisanship will reap.

One will say "I will never get along with them." But I say you don't have to. However it isn't right or moral to begrudge them a place among their fellow Americans that they have made for themselves to live because of what their political beliefs are. The law notwithstanding, a man of any idea or philosophy should be welcome in America.

What Governor Cuomo demonstrated to the rest of America is an utter lack of tolerance, a lack of goodwill. No aspect of partisanship towards his fellow New Yorkers. The onus rests with the people who elected him, those people being the Democrats themselves. He is the manifestation of the intolerance they profess to combat. Cuomo represents an aspect of hatred that Democrats claim not to possess towards those of different beliefs.

You complain about Cuomo's lack of tolerance, goodwill and partisanship in response to a group of people who notoriously show an utter lack of tolerance, goodwill and partisanship. Maybe if the right-to-lifers, pro-assault weapon, anti-gay people showed a little more tolerance, goodwill and partisanship, Cuomo (and the rest of New York, I'm guessing) would be a little more tolerant of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back