You Are No Longer Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

Those were the words uttered by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. These words have also signaled to me the arrival of something I've feared in America. This something is an era of hyper-partisanship, where mere political affiliation can warrant someone telling you "you have no place here." Has our partisanship reached such a level where we tell someone they no longer belong in the same state as you? Where will those of similar political leanings be speaking out against this?

Do Democrats and Republicans alike not have the same right to live in New York or anywhere? It was bad enough segregating blacks and whites some 50 and 60 years ago, now we must segregate between the letters "D" and "R"? This is why I speak in support of bipartisanship. This is why I favor it. For this is what partisanship will reap.

One will say "I will never get along with them." But I say you don't have to. However it isn't right or moral to begrudge them a place among their fellow Americans that they have made for themselves to live because of what their political beliefs are. The law notwithstanding, a man of any idea or philosophy should be welcome in America.

What Governor Cuomo demonstrated to the rest of America is an utter lack of tolerance, a lack of goodwill. No aspect of partisanship towards his fellow New Yorkers. The onus rests with the people who elected him, those people being the Democrats themselves. He is the manifestation of the intolerance they profess to combat. Cuomo represents an aspect of hatred that Democrats claim not to possess towards those of different beliefs.

You complain about Cuomo's lack of tolerance, goodwill and partisanship in response to a group of people who notoriously show an utter lack of tolerance, goodwill and partisanship. Maybe if the right-to-lifers, pro-assault weapon, anti-gay people showed a little more tolerance, goodwill and partisanship, Cuomo (and the rest of New York, I'm guessing) would be a little more tolerant of them.

So, are you suggesting they be threatened and intimidated into tolerance? Are you out of your liberal mind?

Do Democrats and Republicans alike not have the same right to live in New York or anywhere? It was bad enough segregating blacks and whites some 50 and 60 years ago, now we must segregate between the letters "D" and "R"?

Srsly, TK wrote this

TK.....Are you smarter than a 5th Grader?

Yes, I'm smarter than you. Did I answer the question?
There is no way on this planet, no way anywhere than in your pathetic, childish, self obsessed, adolescent little mind that you are smarter than rightwinger. LMAO

Last edited:
It is obvious now that Cuomo was, rightfully or wrongfully, talking about the Republican Party, not the state of New York.

We all agree on that, that the OP is out of context?

Right?

Uhh, were you reading the same thing I was reading?

His words were and I quote: "they have no place in the state of New York"

The whole discussion is about NY politics, but when the extremists see the word "place" they have been programmed to see it as "no place of residence in NY" rather than "no place in NY politics." Once programmed by GOP hate media, no amount of facts can deprogram the extremists!

It is obvious now that Cuomo was, rightfully or wrongfully, talking about the Republican Party, not the state of New York.

We all agree on that, that the OP is out of context?

Right?

Uhh, were you reading the same thing I was reading?

His words were and I quote: "they have no place in the state of New York"

The whole discussion is about NY politics, but when the extremists see the word "place" they have been programmed to see it as "no place of residence in NY" rather than "no place in NY politics." Once programmed by GOP hate media, no amount of facts can deprogram the extremists!

They will not change their position on this until FoxNews tells them they can

"Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

Those were the words uttered by New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. These words have also signaled to me the arrival of something I've feared in America. This something is an era of hyper-partisanship, where mere political affiliation can warrant someone telling you "you have no place here." Has our partisanship reached such a level where we tell someone they no longer belong in the same state as you? Where will those of similar political leanings be speaking out against this?

Do Democrats and Republicans alike not have the same right to live in New York or anywhere? It was bad enough segregating blacks and whites some 50 and 60 years ago, now we must segregate between the letters "D" and "R"? This is why I speak in support of bipartisanship. This is why I favor it. For this is what partisanship will reap.

One will say "I will never get along with them." But I say you don't have to. However it isn't right or moral to begrudge them a place among their fellow Americans that they have made for themselves to live because of what their political beliefs are. The law notwithstanding, a man of any idea or philosophy should be welcome in America.

What Governor Cuomo demonstrated to the rest of America is an utter lack of tolerance, a lack of goodwill. No aspect of partisanship towards his fellow New Yorkers. The onus rests with the people who elected him, those people being the Democrats themselves. He is the manifestation of the intolerance they profess to combat. Cuomo represents an aspect of hatred that Democrats claim not to possess towards those of different beliefs.

You complain about Cuomo's lack of tolerance, goodwill and partisanship in response to a group of people who notoriously show an utter lack of tolerance, goodwill and partisanship. Maybe if the right-to-lifers, pro-assault weapon, anti-gay people showed a little more tolerance, goodwill and partisanship, Cuomo (and the rest of New York, I'm guessing) would be a little more tolerant of them.

So, are you suggesting they be threatened and intimidated into tolerance? Are you out of your liberal mind?

Threatened and intimidated..... So dramatic!! Cuomo said they have no place in NY. Did he say what he was going to do with them all? Did he say he was going to round them up and ship them off to...gasp...Alabama??

Hardly.

All he said was they have no place in NY. I'm sure all he meant was they will be voted down and out every time...and they shouldn't even bother trying in NY because their beliefs are extreme and they do not run congruent with the majority of New Yorkers in any way, whether Republican or Democrat.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill as usual.

The residence are the elections.

BINGO, and that's because it wasn't just the politicians he was referring to. Thanks for undoing your own argument!

:clap2:
Another know-it-all who doesn't know the difference between residency and resident.

Really now?

I have five different versions of dictionaries and thesauruses in my house. I do believe I know what the difference is. Perhaps you should tell your nitwit of a friend in chickenwing that he used the term incorrectly.

residency can mean anything between long term or short term stays in an area, it can refer to training in a particular field. It can also refer to a citizen taking up permanent residency in in a state or province.

resident refers to the person living in a state or province legally or a foreigner who has permission from the presiding government to be a resident there for a period of time. The terms are interchangeable.

Uh, yeah, ed, keep quiet.

Last edited:

Threatened and intimidated..... So dramatic!! Cuomo said they have no place in NY. Did he say what he was going to do with them all? Did he say he was going to round them up and ship them off to...gasp...Alabama??

Hardly.

All he said was they have no place in NY. I'm sure all he meant was they will be voted down and out every time...and they shouldn't even bother trying in NY because their beliefs are extreme and they do not run congruent with the majority of New Yorkers in any way, whether Republican or Democrat.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill as usual.

You're making a mountain out of stawmen, my friend. It's typical of you liberals to come running to his defense, screaming 'OUT OF CONTEXT!'

So, if it was out of context, why was he apologizing for his remarks? :eek: :eusa_hand:

Srsly, TK wrote this

TK.....Are you smarter than a 5th Grader?

There is no way on this planet, no way anywhere than in your pathetic, childish, self obsessed, adolescent little mind that you are smarter than rightwinger. LMAO

This name calling suits your intelligence just perfectly, Esmeralda. Its the both of you acting like 5th graders, not I. Trolls troll, I debate. There is a vast difference between me and the two of you. If RW were half as intelligent as you claim him to be, why on earth was the first thing he did to troll my thread and lie through his teeth?

Last edited:

This name calling suits your intelligence just perfectly, Esmeralda. It the both of you acting like 5th graders, not I. Trolls troll, I debate. There is a vast difference between me and the two of you.

Read your OP

BINGO, and that's because it wasn't just the politicians he was referring to. Thanks for undoing your own argument!

:clap2:
Another know-it-all who doesn't know the difference between residency and resident.

Really now?

I have five different versions of dictionaries and thesauruses in my house. I do believe I know what the difference is. Perhaps you should tell your nitwit of a friend in chickenwing that he used the term incorrectly.

residency can mean anything between long term or short term stays in an area, it can refer to training in a particular field. It can also refer to a citizen taking up permanent residency in in a state or province.

resident refers to the person living in a state or province legally or a foreigner who has permission from the presiding government to be a resident there for a period of time. The terms are interchangeable.

I am who's friend?? and I am a nit wit? who the hell are you? You were doing ok until this

This name calling suits your intelligence just perfectly, Esmeralda. It the both of you acting like 5th graders, not I. Trolls troll, I debate. There is a vast difference between me and the two of you.

Read your OP

Read your responses.

:eusa_shhh:

The thrust of Cuomo's comment is that he does not welcome rightwing extremists into state politics so they can stymie the progress and productivity of the state legislature as they have been doing on the national level.

The thrust of Cuomo's comment is that he does not welcome rightwing extremists into state politics so they can stymie the progress and productivity of the state legislature as they have been doing on the national level.

So in other words my way or the highway.

The oh so tolerant left

Really now?

I am who's friend?? and I am a nit wit? who the hell are you? You were doing ok until this

My apologies, I thought for minute you sided with RW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back