YOur kind of Christian; Family Research Council

Keep defending this hate group, Newby. FRC is smearing Manning and making it seem as though Manning leaked the documents because he is gay.

Why? Because they hate gay people. Now, they try and call us all traitors.

Some people consider Manning a hero.

Me? I don't know how I feel about the leak yet. Not enough information.

Why don't you refute the facts that I pointed out above? You accused them of lying based on some stupid biased article that lied itself in order to smear the FRC. Why aren't you worried about the lies in YOUR source, Sky?

If the FRC wants to write an article about Manning, they are well within their rights to do so, there is nothing 'hateful' about the article that I posted and provided a link for.

I'm having problems with my wireless. I'm in a storm and working on a laptop. If FRC wants to smear Manning and make his actions all about him being gay no one can stop them.

That doesn't make it right. Why is it news that Manning happens to be gay? We don't list sexuality of heterosexuals in news stories about wikileaks.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt about the source of this article getting the facts wrong because I'm having hard time being on long enough to do anything.

That's a lot more than you EVER give me. You NEVER give me the benefit of the doubt, you just call me a liar and a hypocrite. Then you wonder why I want to stop talking to you.

There is a TON of evidence here that the FRC HATES gays and spreads misinformation about us, as being more likely to be pedophiles, as diseased, and has having a worldwide recruitment agenda. YOU defend this group.

All we want is the right to civilly marry and serve openly in the military.

Last edited:
Keep defending this hate group, Newby. FRC is smearing Manning and making it seem as though Manning leaked the documents because he is gay.

Why don't you refute the facts that I pointed out above? You accused them of lying based on some stupid biased article that lied itself in order to smear the FRC. Why aren't you worried about the lies in YOUR source, Sky?

If the FRC wants to write an article about Manning, they are well within their rights to do so, there is nothing 'hateful' about the article that I posted and provided a link for.
She'll never get it, it goes against what is too ingrained I think

Btwn you and me (;)) I'm on the fence regarding their reasoning. But not the sources they linked.

I claimed nothing.

He is gay. He betrayed our country.

You are the one making accusations. I asked for your explanation.

I don't owe you an explanation for his statement. I'm not Bradley Manning nor his lawyer. Some people consider Manning a hero.

You claimed the FRC was distorting facts. I asked you where?

I also asked you why he did it since you seem to think other theories are wrong and hate based.

Hero or traitor was not your point.

You have again avoided and deflected my attempts to debate the piece you posted.
What are you afraid of?

FRC claimed that Manning was trying to get a sex change operation. WTF does that have to do with the Wikileaks story?

If you read the article I provided you will see WHY I thought the FRC had distorted facts for hate reasons. Read the article.

Was the source correct? Newby doesn't think so and I haven't been able to check yet.

Truth is, I believed the article I posted because FRC lies about gays all the time.

YOU asked ME to explain Mannings actions. Why?

That means the YOU assume he leaked documents because you agree with FRC reasoning that he did so because he was gay, a biased position.

Last edited:
They're a hate group. I'm sure you'd like them.

They paid for the Tebow ad.

"The Family Research Council's Senior Researcher for Policy Studies Peter Sprigg was criticized by gay rights activists when he, in his official capacity as a fellow of the FRC, stated that gay behavior should be outlawed and that "criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior" should be enforced. More recently, Sprigg has publicly suggested that repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy would encourage molestation of heterosexual service members. When asked about Sprigg's comments regarding the criminalization of same-sex behavior, FRC President Tony Perkins said that criminalizing homosexuality is not a goal of the Family Research Council, but did not denounce Sprigg's statements. Perkins repeated the FRC’s association of gay men with pedophilia, saying that "If you look at the American College of Pediatricians, they say the research is overwhelming that homosexuality poses a danger to children." The opinions expressed by Perkins are contradicted by mainstream social science perspectives on same-sex parenting and the likelihood of child molestation by homosexuals, and some scientists whose work is cited by the American College of Pediatricians have accused the ACP of distorting and misrepresenting their work.
Family Research Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perkins went to Uganda to preach hate and support the kill gays execution legislation.

Seems you're the one full of hate.

She'll never get it, it goes against what is too ingrained I think
Btwn you and me (;)) I'm on the fence regarding their reasoning. But not the sources they linked.

This is completely hostile. Don't tell me I'll 'never get it'.

But thanks for saying you're on the fence with their reasoning.

They're a hate group. I'm sure you'd like them.

They paid for the Tebow ad.

"The Family Research Council's Senior Researcher for Policy Studies Peter Sprigg was criticized by gay rights activists when he, in his official capacity as a fellow of the FRC, stated that gay behavior should be outlawed and that "criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior" should be enforced. More recently, Sprigg has publicly suggested that repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy would encourage molestation of heterosexual service members. When asked about Sprigg's comments regarding the criminalization of same-sex behavior, FRC President Tony Perkins said that criminalizing homosexuality is not a goal of the Family Research Council, but did not denounce Sprigg's statements. Perkins repeated the FRC’s association of gay men with pedophilia, saying that "If you look at the American College of Pediatricians, they say the research is overwhelming that homosexuality poses a danger to children." The opinions expressed by Perkins are contradicted by mainstream social science perspectives on same-sex parenting and the likelihood of child molestation by homosexuals, and some scientists whose work is cited by the American College of Pediatricians have accused the ACP of distorting and misrepresenting their work.Family Research Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perkins went to Uganda to preach hate and support the kill gays execution legislation.

Seems you're the one full of hate.

Really? I'm not the one joining the gang bang. Let's ALL tell Sky she's a hater because she's angry with FRC for telling lies about gay people.

Aren't you the same guy that wants to re-criminalize sodomy and put gay people in jail in Texas? The same guy who calls black people *******?

You've pretty clearly indicated your aversion for gay people in other posts.

Last edited:
Really? I'm not the one joining the gang bang. Let's tell Sky she's a hater because she's angry with FRC for telling lies about gay people.

Aren't you the same guy that wants to re-criminalize sodomy and put gay people in jail in Texas?

Maybe you're not full of hate? Only you know. All we know is the impression you give.

Maybe I'm not a gun dealer?

Maybe I'm not a Christian?

Maybe I'm not a smartass?

Maybe I'm not a conservative?

Maybe you're not a hater?

Maybe you're not angry?

Maybe you're not a Buddhist?

Maybe you're not dishonest?

Maybe all of those things are true......but they don't become true just by us saying them.

They become true by our actions, in which case, no statement of "what we are" is necessary.

Last edited:
Really? I'm not the one joining the gang bang. Let's tell Sky she's a hater because she's angry with FRC for telling lies about gay people.

Aren't you the same guy that wants to re-criminalize sodomy and put gay people in jail in Texas?

Maybe you're not full of hate? Only you know. All we know is the impression you give.

Maybe I'm not a gun dealer?

Maybe I'm not a Christian?

Maybe I'm not a smartass?

Maybe I'm not a conservative?

Maybe you're not a hater?

Maybe you're not angry?

Maybe you're not a Buddhist?

Maybe you're not dishonest?

Maybe all of those things are true......but they don't become true just by us saying them.

They become true by our actions, in which case, no statement of "what we are" is necessary.

Fine. So far, you seem like a conservative, Christian smart ass who worships guns. I'm an angry lesbian Buddhist who you think is a hater and dishonest. I know my own heart. I'm not a hater. I'm a scrapper and I have a temper. I'm stubborn. Sometimes I won't give an inch.

There's another side to each of us.

I'm not angry all the time. I get along with Christians quite well in my RL. I'm not a dishonest person. I'm kind hearted and very committed to social justice.

I appreciate you. I like you very much. You have great qualities. You're a good friend. That's hard to come by sometimes.

Last edited:
FRC claimed that Manning was trying to get a sex change operation. WTF does that have to do with the Wikileaks story?
It has to do with their belief he was unhappy and unstable.

If you read the article I provided you will see WHY I thought the FRC had distorted facts for hate reasons. Read the article.

Was the source correct? Newby doesn't think so and I haven't been able to check yet.

Truth is, I believed the article I posted because FRC lies about gays all the time.

I read your article and all the links provided and the additional links provided and came to the same consclusion as Newby.

Since you admit you didn't you really have nothing else to add.

YOU asked ME to explain Mannings actions. Why?

That means the YOU assume he leaked documents because you agree with FRC reasoning that he did so because he was gay, a biased position.

I asked you because you pretend to know everyone elses motivations.

Stop telling me what I assume. They may be right in why he leaked, we don't know yet. They simply reported on other articles and added their thoughts on DADT and gays in the military.

But if you followed the links you would know your souce was dishonestly trying to bash FRC for their positions which is more hateful than their claim FRC is

FRC presumes Manning was unstable and unhappy BECAUSE he is gay. If he is unhappy and unstable, (I don't know if he is or isn't) that doesn't mean it's BECAUSE he is gay. Consider WHY the fact of Manning's sexual identity is even news. Heterosexuality isn't news. We don't say so and so, a heterosexual, was arrested for leaking documents.

FRC is about turning homosexuals into heterosexuals because they consider homosexuality a mental illness.

FRC is hostile to gays and lesbians. They repeatedly tell lies about us being pedophiles, having recruitment agendas and spreading disease. The kinds of lies they tell are not unlike the ones the Nazi's told about the Jews.

Last edited:
FRC presumes Manning was unstable and unhappy BECAUSE he is gay. If he is unhappy and unstable, (I don't know if he is or isn't) that doesn't mean it's BECAUSE he is gay.
Right
FRC is about turning homosexuals into heterosexuals because they consider homosexuality a mental illness.
Right
FRC is hostile to gays and lesbians. They repeatedly tell lies about us being pedophiles, having recruitment agendas and spreading disease. The kinds of lies they tell are not unlike the ones the Nazi's told about the Jews.

Wrong. They just disagree with you. Thats not hateful

Spreading lies because you don't like being disagreed with is hateful.

FRC presumes Manning was unstable and unhappy BECAUSE he is gay. If he is unhappy and unstable, (I don't know if he is or isn't) that doesn't mean it's BECAUSE he is gay.
Right
Right

Wrong. They just disagree with you. Thats not hateful

Spreading lies because you don't like being disagreed with is hateful.

I am telling the truth about what they say about us. They say we recruit children. We don't. They say we're more likely to be pedophiles than heterosexuals. Research proves that false. They say we spread AIDS more than heterosexuals do. That's not true.

They tell lies about gay people. That's not because they disagree with us, which as Christians they have every right to do. It's because they hate us. They spread anti-gay propaganda just the way the Nazi's did about the Jews.

Accusing me of being a liar, and a hater, when I'm tellling the truth about this group and why I'm angry with them is hateful to me.

STOP CALLING ME A LIAR. HERE'S PROOF:

Gays are pedophiles, and want to promote youth promiscuity. "There is a strong undercurrent of pedophilia in the homosexual subculture. Homosexual activists want to promote the flouting of traditional sexual prohibitions at the earliest possible age....they want to encourage a promiscuous society - and the best place to start is with a young and credulous captive audience in the public schools." - Robert Knight, Family Research Council, http://www.frc.org/insight/is93f1hs.html
Gays hate God. "[Homosexuality] is the opposite of love for God. It is a rebellion against God and God's natural order, and embodies a deep-seated hatred against true religion." - THE ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANS BY THE MILITANT HOMOSEXUAL MOVEMENT, by Steven A. Schwalm, Family Research Council, http://www.frc.org/podium/pd98j2hs.html
Gays oppose Christianity. "Militant homosexuality is fundamentally opposed to religion, family, and anything that presupposes a natural moral order, a transcendent God, or something else higher than ourselves. The activist homosexual agenda and worldview are fundamentally incompatible with Christianity or any form of true religion, because homosexuality is ultimately narcissism" - THE ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANS BY THE MILITANT HOMOSEXUAL MOVEMENT, by Steven A. Schwalm, Family Research Council, http://www.frc.org/podium/pd98j2hs.html
Gays are diseased, die early, and are less productive than heterosexuals. "homosexual behavior is extremely unhealthy, contributing to the spread of AIDS, hepatitis A, B and C and other sexually transmitted diseases….A study of more than 6,400 obituaries in homosexual publications reveals that homosexuals typically have far shorter life spans than the general population. Other reports indicate that homosexuals are more likely to have drug and alcohol abuse problems. It is unfair to force businesses to pay the extra insurance expense and lost productivity that inevitably results from homosexual behavior." [Editors note: the source for this "research" is the discredited Dr. Paul Cameron - see below for extensive information about his extreme beliefs] - Robert Knight, Family Research Council, testifying at ENDA Hearings, July 29, 1994 - committee on Labor and Human Resources, US Senate.
Gays only pretend to oppose pedophilia. "In the United States, homosexual activists are more circumspect about their efforts to gain access to children...homosexual activists publicly disassociate themselves from pedophiles as part of a public relations strategy"- "Homosexual Activists Work to Normalize Sex With Boys," FRC publication, July 1999, http://www.frc.org/misc/bl057.pdf

Gays are 33% of child molesters. "they constitute about a third of child molesters." - "Homosexual Activists Work to Normalize Sex With Boys," FRC publication, July 1999, http://www.frc.org/misc/bl057.pdf
The examples go on and on and are clearly NOT statements of religious belief or dogma. The sole intent of the Family Research Council is to malign and denigrate a gays and lesbians, a whole segment of society, and to engender hatred.

Last edited:
FRC lies about gay people constitute hate. I have provided proof of their lies and hate from their own publications.

What do I get for my trouble? I get called a liar and a hater for complaining about it and a discrediting of the SPLC, a group I have long supported.

SPLC is right on the money for calling the FRC a hate group. They have campaigned long and hard to foster hate toward LGBT individuals and our families.

The Family Research Council is an oxymoron. They do no research.

I'm sorry so many of you defend and support them.

Last edited:
The Family Research Council released a pamphlet authored by senior fellow Peter Sprigg about the purported “harm” of marriage equality to American society. Sprigg previously said that he wants to “export homosexuals from the United States” because “homosexuality is destructive to society.”

Sprigg argues that if married gay couples receive health benefits for their families, their relationships would be “subsidized” by the public through entitlement programs. Sprigg finds it deplorable that people would like their spouse or child to receive benefits after they pass away.
http://downloads.frc.org/EF/EF11B30.pdf

Peter Sprigg of the Family Research Council said that the Supreme Court decision to overturn sodomy laws was "wrongly decided" and that homosexual behavior should be outlawed. Sprigg appeared on Chris Matthews' MSNBC show to debate Aubrey Sarvis of the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network about today's DADT hearings in the U.S. Senate. Sprigg also repeated FRC head Tony Perkins' claim that overturning DADT will lead to gay men raping straight soldiers.
http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2010/02/family-research-council-calls-for.html

Last edited:
"I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to find a witty, Slate-esque way to argue that just because the Family Research Council spent $25,000 lobbying federal lawmakers not to pass a resolution condemning Uganda's Kill The Gays bill (which made it through the Senate, but stalled in the House), it doesn't mean FRC is actually advocating for Uganda's death penalty for homos. And all I could come up with is: Yes, actually, that's exactly what they're doing."

According to the FRC's official lobbying report for the first quarter of 2010, they paid two of their henchmen $25,000 to lobby Congress against approving a resolution denouncing Uganda's plan to execute homosexuals.

Read more: Who's Surprised the Family Research Council Spent $25k Hoping Congress Wouldn't Condemn Uganda's Kill The Gays Bill? / Queerty

Last edited:
The Family Research Council has repeatedly argued that gay men are more likely than others to molest children. Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association has said that Hitler was gay and that homosexuality caused the Holocaust. To call such claims misinformed is being generous—they have been repeatedly and roundly debunked. Disseminating these claims doesn't promote discussion; it promotes prejudice and hatred.

Neither the Family Research Council nor the American Family Association condones criminal behavior. But by spreading falsehoods and propaganda, such groups lend ideas and credibility to more extremist elements.

The SPLC has been clear and consistent as to what it means by hate group. Applying the term to high-profile anti-gay organizations isn't just politics. It's asserting that facts matter, that words have consequences and that hate is hate—regardless of how many people support it.
Spreading lies | The Christian Century

Ever wonder why it took so long for homosexual activists to start banning NAMBLA from their meetings?

ALL homosexual activists? What meetings?
How long did it take for us to ban KKK from "meetings"?

Sky knows what I am talking about. Why do you think she mentioned lobbying to keep NAMBLA out of gay rights parades?

As for the KKK, we who? The only group I identify with has always excluded the KKK, and I do not even go to those meetings.

Ever wonder why it took so long for homosexual activists to start banning NAMBLA from their meetings?

Sky knows what I am talking about. Why do you think she mentioned lobbying to keep NAMBLA out of gay rights parades?

As for the KKK, we who? The only group I identify with has always excluded the KKK, and I do not even go to those meetings.

Why did I mention lobbying to keep NAMBLA out of gay pride parades? They aren't a gay group. They're a group of pedophiles.

Opponents of gay rights, such as the FRC, often cite NAMBLA as an example of the homosexual agenda to groom children for sexual abuse. This is an association fallacy, since other gay rights groups do not promote "man/boy love" and the gay community unanimously condemns NAMBLA and its aims.

NAMBLA's membership, to the extent they still have one, is probably similar to the Communist Party USA's membership in the 1950s: mostly police infiltrators.

Last edited:

Why did I mention lobbying to keep NAMBLA out of gay pride parades? They aren't a gay group. They're a group of pedophiles.

Yet you had to lobby to keep them out of the parade.

Think about that for a minute.

Yet you had to lobby to keep them out of the parade.

Think about that for a minute.

I don't have to think about it, bud. They've tried to get in to gay pride parades because they support gay rights. Straight people march in gay pride parades too. They aren't gay and neither is NAMBLA.

They are NOT a gay group. They are a pedophile group. Too bad you don't know the difference. We're not child molestors. Many of us are parents ourselves.

Your prejudice is showing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back