🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

50 yrs ago, mac's burger was 20c

abrere

May 28, 2018
now, at $1.20, it's a loss-leader. Most things cost 8x what they did in 1968, and people were CLEARING $5 an hour, doing mere assemblyline work. If you're not clearing $40 an hour, you're screwing the pooch, big time.

In the beginning, they were 15 cents. I think they used real meat, too. :auiqs.jpg:

Had goatburgers the other day after a long spell. Delicious.

I remember when a regular McDonald's hamburger was 15 cents, fries were 12 cents, and a soda was 10 cents. 1967, I used to work at one back in the day when they did not have females working there. Trying to remember if the m-wage then was $1.25 or thereabouts, which I believe is what we got paid.

Tops was better. More menu and they had pre-Hooters girls on roller skates bring the food to your car.

Well to be fair if this is another attack on labor, what was McDonald's profits in the 60's verses 2018 ??? Do you believe in structural ladder wage programs, and in profit sharing programs in which would have kept workers from crying to the government to force a minimum wage hike because everything was going up instead of their ability to keep Pace with the pace of the economy they were being forced into ??

There were reports of corporations like McDonald's having sessions with it's employees in order to train them on how to become subsidized by the government because they were working for wages that were well below the poverty line.

now, at $1.20, it's a loss-leader. Most things cost 8x what they did in 1968, and people were CLEARING $5 an hour, doing mere assemblyline work. If you're not clearing $40 an hour, you're screwing the pooch, big time.
I remember when gasoline was 25 cents per gallon same as a McDonald's hamburger.

Well to be fair if this is another attack on labor, what was McDonald's profits in the 60's verses 2018 ??? Do you believe in structural ladder wage programs, and in profit sharing programs in which would have kept workers from crying to the government to force a minimum wage hike because everything was going up instead of their ability to keep Pace with the pace of the economy they were being forced into ??

There were reports of corporations like McDonald's having sessions with it's employees in order to train them on how to become subsidized by the government because they were working for wages that were well below the poverty line.
Walmart has the same issue.

I agree with the late Ted Kennedy about a living wage for all workers.

It's true. Although a lot of people weren't CLEARING $5 an hour. If I remember right, minimum wage was $1.85 p/hr. Of course, gas was 30 cents a gallon and a package of Oreos was 49 cents. So were a pack of cigs. (That was around 1972)

Does anyone remember those White Castle cheeseburgers? They were the size of a slider for 10 cents and delicious...we would wash my dads car and scarf out at White Castle for hours....

I remember the days when a fast food burger actually tasted like a burger.
Now you have to go to a Five Guys or an In and Out
Try the new McDonald's double quarter pounder with cheese with the new unfrozen patty...had one the other day and fell in love....wish I could have one for lunch everyday......yummy....and they still have the best fries....

I remember the days when a fast food burger actually tasted like a burger.
Now you have to go to a Five Guys or an In and Out
Try the new McDonald's double quarter pounder with cheese with the new unfrozen patty...had one the other day and fell in love....wish I could have one for lunch everyday......yummy....and they still have the best fries....

I'll do that...but I'm going in with low expectations.

no, gas was never as cheap as a hamburger. I pumped gas at 40c a gallon in 1970, and the hamburger was 20c. The minimum wage was $1.60 and I cleared $1.25 an hour. So I could buy 6 burgers with an hour's work, and that burger was sold at a profit. Today, that would require you to clear $11 an hour. But the point is, you need to get your head out of your butt and get into making a clear 80k a year, or you'll suffer for the rest of your life. It's not that hard to do, if you'll just pay attention to what's what. All it takes is to own 4 boarding houses in OK, which can be bought by joining the National guard, having the guard pay for your college, saving your college loans and pell grants, using your VA home loan to get started, and marrying an Asian MD, dentist or engineer. there's millions of the latter who'll pay you 35k a year, cash, for 3 years, just for bringing them here. Decent 2000 sq ft homes can be had in OK for 30k, i am not kidding.

Forum List

Back