A little post mortem

Interstate competition is not as easy as writing a law

Most of the impediments right now are being imposed by states which establish strict rules and regulations to sell insurance in their state
Secondly, selling health insurance is not as easy as setting up a website that says "Cheap Insurance"
You must set up networks with doctors and pharmacies in EVERY state. Not an easy thing to do

Well, nobody will spend TWO BILLION DOLLARS on a website like your First Lady's pal charged us. Nobody said this will be easy or the lazy democrats would have done it long ago. The industry knows how to adapt...this is the beginning of the end of government trying to pick one-size-fits-all. And it's about time destructive behavior is addressed in insurance rates. A yearly physical to set premium and deductible rate is coming...if you're obese or drink like a fish, you're going to pay more.

Of course the Republicans will do better. They have had seven years to develop a plan that is better than Obamacare

If Obamacare is such a disaster why can't they deliver a plan that:

1. Covers pre-existing conditions
2. Is affordable
3. Covers those who have low incomes
4. Eliminates the fallback of emergency rooms as healthcare providers for those without insurance

Ball is in Republicans court once they repeal Obamacare. It would be nice to know their plans before they pull the plug wouldn't it?

Asked and answered. Expecting a for-profit insurance company to give affordable insurance to somebody already in need of expensive care is folly....they won't do it. It's like trying to insure a ride at an amusement park that regularly throws riders to their deaths....crazy talk. Rubio is the man who wrote out the provision that Sam pays back the insurers for loses....that was the end of the line for Barry-Care.

Interstate competition is not as easy as writing a law

Most of the impediments right now are being imposed by states which establish strict rules and regulations to sell insurance in their state
Secondly, selling health insurance is not as easy as setting up a website that says "Cheap Insurance"
You must set up networks with doctors and pharmacies in EVERY state. Not an easy thing to do

Well, nobody will spend TWO BILLION DOLLARS on a website like your First Lady's pal charged us. Nobody said this will be easy or the lazy democrats would have done it long ago. The industry knows how to adapt...this is the beginning of the end of government trying to pick one-size-fits-all. And it's about time destructive behavior is addressed in insurance rates. A yearly physical to set premium and deductible rate is coming...if you're obese or drink like a fish, you're going to pay more.

Of course the Republicans will do better. They have had seven years to develop a plan that is better than Obamacare

If Obamacare is such a disaster why can't they deliver a plan that:

1. Covers pre-existing conditions
2. Is affordable
3. Covers those who have low incomes
4. Eliminates the fallback of emergency rooms as healthcare providers for those without insurance

Ball is in Republicans court once they repeal Obamacare. It would be nice to know their plans before they pull the plug wouldn't it?

Asked and answered. Expecting a for-profit insurance company to give affordable insurance to somebody already in need of expensive care is folly....they won't do it. It's like trying to insure a ride at an amusement park that regularly throws riders to their deaths....crazy talk. Rubio is the man who wrote out the provision that Sam pays back the insurers for loses....that was the end of the line for Barry-Care.
Very true

Why would an insurance company looking to make a profit want to cover sick people.....that is why we need Government involvement
Same reason we needed Medicare....who wants to insure old people?

Very true

Why would an insurance company looking to make a profit want to cover sick people.....that is why we need Government involvement

Difference is we paid into Medicare since the 60's and it wouldn't be costing anything if those funds were still in the "lockbox" instead of swiped to pay down deficits. I'm sure you're aware Barry-Care was never intended to work. It was supposed to fail so badly we'd get tricked into single-payer and end up like Canuckistan with year-long waits for surgery and death-panels who decide to gets care and who doesn't.

Very true

Difference is we paid into Medicare since the 60's and it wouldn't be costing anything if those funds were still in the "lockbox" instead of swiped to pay down deficits. I'm sure you're aware Barry-Care was never intended to work. It was supposed to fail so badly we'd get tricked into single-payer and end up like Canuckistan with year-long waits for surgery and death-panels who decide to gets care and who doesn't.

Republicans are in control now
It is their responsibility to fix the problem

They fought Obamacare from the beginning, yet never offered a better alternative

Now, if they want to scrap Obamacare......they have that responsibility

They fought Obamacare from the beginning, yet never offered a better alternative

Barry-Care is scrapping itself...we have no choice but to accept the challenge.

Barry-Care is scrapping itself...we have no choice but to accept the challenge.

They have had seven years......let them prove they can do better
My money says they can't

2. And here's another thing: Chris Matthews (yes, I know) made an interesting point yesterday: You know those concerts with the music superstars for Hillary, like Beyonce and the rest? He wondered if those things drove home the point above, by having them all onstage together in "The Winner's Club" -- all these rich, successful people hugging each other. Maybe stuff like that was a net negative.
i hear the biggest change was from northern rust belt states, labor unions voted against clinton in droves
Yeah, that's where it really hit the fan.

Don't take this wrongly but it isn't surprising that you are surprised. You apparently do not live in a blue collar world so how would you know of the rage. Except on this message board where mostly none of what you read is true.

My wife asked me if I thought Trump could win, I told her I think he will win. What demographic would Hillary receive more or as much of the vote as did Obama?

White men, no way. Black men, she couldn't increase the number she could only lose some. Same with Hispanics. Since Obama got a lot of women that too would be less for Hillary. There was no where she was going to increase the total over what obama received. So the only thing I was worried about was cheating. When i heard votes were being swapped in PA I figured the fix was in. Maybe it was and it just wasn't enough that is why she won the popular vote, maybe.

I've been seeing some pretty interesting analysis on this (of course, the analysis is always easier AFTER the fact).

1. If you had asked the average person, say, 5 or 10 years ago, which party would be closer to being populist and which was closer to being for The Big Guy, I think it's pretty clear that most would have said the Dems were closer to being populist. But somehow the GOP beat the Dems to the punch, and the Dems made it easier by running Hillary. Stunning. And reading Dems sites, they're sure as hell stunned, too.

2. And here's another thing: Chris Matthews (yes, I know) made an interesting point yesterday: You know those concerts with the music superstars for Hillary, like Beyonce and the rest? He wondered if those things drove home the point above, by having them all onstage together in "The Winner's Club" -- all these rich, successful people hugging each other. Maybe stuff like that was a net negative.

3. Finally, now that the dust has settled a bit, I think overall half of us just didn't understand the rage that it took to vote for Trump. Enough rage to ignore his myriad faults and weaknesses and behaviors and words and everything else. THAT is a LOT of rage right there. Obama was not able to deliver on the promises he made overall, and a lot of faith was placed in him. Let's see how Trump responds.

My two cents, worth every penny.

1. 5 or 10 years ago, imo, a large number of the "average persons" would have said that neither party was looking out for them. Which is what Trump saw and moved on. And it wasn't just "HIllary" that was the issue, it was Trump's policies on Trade and Immigration, desinged to protect and advance the interests of the "average guy".

2. IMO, no. Hillary was obviously an insider from way back, at the very least from when the Dem handed her a Senate Nomination.

3. Patrick Buchanan made an interesting point that relates to that. His take on it was that this has become an "Us vs them" nation, to the point that "we" ie "Middle America" were not going to turn away from our leader speaking out, FINALLY, for us, to a leader who was speaking out AGAINST US, ie HIllary. (see deplorables)

I've been seeing some pretty interesting analysis on this (of course, the analysis is always easier AFTER the fact).

1. If you had asked the average person, say, 5 or 10 years ago, which party would be closer to being populist and which was closer to being for The Big Guy, I think it's pretty clear that most would have said the Dems were closer to being populist. But somehow the GOP beat the Dems to the punch, and the Dems made it easier by running Hillary. Stunning. And reading Dems sites, they're sure as hell stunned, too.

3. Finally, now that the dust has settled a bit, I think overall half of us just didn't understand the rage that it took to vote for Trump. Enough rage to ignore his myriad faults and weaknesses and behaviors and words and everything else. THAT is a LOT of rage right there. Obama was not able to deliver on the promises he made overall, and a lot of faith was placed in him. Let's see how Trump responds.

Not a lot of time right now to address all of that but look at #3.

Rage is fine. But I (as I said) think Lewis Black would have won if he would have run. The anti Hillary vote was stronger than the Pro-Trump vote. The reason I say that is because the same "rage" that installed Trump sent John McCain back to the Senate, Rob Portman back to the Senate, Marco Rubio back to the Senate, and what 24 other incumbents along with 80-90% of the House?

One would think that if there was true "rage" and "drain the swamp" was more than a catch phrase, you'd see more turnover.

Very true

No one wants to get rid of all of Obamacare, but the making it mandatory must be stopped. There are millions and millions of Americans that want nothing to do with fucking obamacare and yet these fuckers want to shove obamacare down our throats. For it to be fair it has to be a choice making people sign up for it is a bunch of bullshit. Lol

How to Cancel an ObamaCare Plan? - Obamacare Facts

Last edited:
Very true

No one wants to get rid of all of Obamacare, but the making it mandatory must be stopped. There are millions and millions of Americans that want nothing to do with fucking obamacare and yet these fuckers want to shove obamacare down our throats. For it to be fair it has to be a choice making people sign up for it is a bunch of bullshit. Lol

:wtf:

Very true

Simple question

How do you get insurance companies to insure those with pre-existing conditions?

Very true

Simple question

How do you get insurance companies to insure those with pre-existing conditions?
you eliminate frivolous lawsuits first of all, you put caps on how large lawsuit can get.
But getting everyone involved is not right, and forcing everyone into the program is evil.
Thank God we don't have to have mandatory insurance anymore, or pay a fine if we don't.
:dance:

Very true

Simple question

you eliminate frivolous lawsuits first of all, you put caps on how large lawsuit can get.
But getting everyone involved is not right, and forcing everyone into the program is evil.
Thank God we don't have to have mandatory insurance anymore, or pay a fine if we don't.

Insurance companies will laugh at you

Tort reform is no panacea. States that have strict limits do not see significant reductions in rates

Simple question

Insurance companies will laugh at you

Tort reform is no panacea. States that have strict limits do not see significant reductions in rates
The fact remains insurance will no longer be mandatory, people all over the country are canceling their enrollment in the exchanges for good reason. No one should be forced into buying insurance That's just legalized extortion. Fact

It was trade.

I said a long time ago and many times that when Bill Clinton supported NAFTA, he was acting like a Republican. In fact he had more Republican votes than Democrats for the treaty.

Ross Perot got an amazing 19% of the vote running almost wholly against NAFTA and secondarily against the Washington establishment of both parties.

Most Democratic opposition to so called free trade was/is from the liberal wing of the party and from labor.
Trump took that issue away from the Democrats, mainly because Hillary Clinton was tagged with being pro free trade,
IOW, she was acting like a Republican on trade, just like her husband.

Trump took one of the GOP's weakest positions, free trade, tossed it out of the party's agenda, and replaced it with the very liberal, very pro-union protectionist position.

IOW, Trump shifted the entire GOP platform to the LEFT, which of course, ironically, is what most conservatives insist has been the GOP's worst fault, i.e., being too moderate or liberal.

But the key to what Trump did was that in the process, he didn't try to move anything else to the left in the GOP's platform, in fact, he was happy to go as rightwing as can be to keep those factions of the party on board.

You got it partly right. The Clinton's are for FREE trade agreements with other countries. Trump is for changing the rules so we have FAIR trade agreements. That is not on the left wing agenda.

Michigan, a key state:

In 2012, Romney lost the union household vote by 33 points.

In 2016, Trump lost the union household vote by 13 points.

That is trade, that is protectionism, that is jobs going overseas...

...that is Trump getting to the LEFT of Hillary Clinton on the issue.

No, its Trump getting on the side of the American people. Something very foreign to you libs.

So you agree that union people are more 'American' than anti-labor people.

Remember Bernie? The so-called Socialist Bernie, way to the left of Hillary Clinton?

He and Trump AGREE on trade, and jobs going overseas. Both of them to the LEFT of Hillary Clinton, who has effectively been a Republican on trade.

see, your kind of thinking is the problem here. Doing what's right for the country should not be a partisan issue. Trump is above that, Hillary would not have been. The country did the right thing on Tuesday.

Problem for Trump is that along with that rage he harnessed, he also created a lot of rage against him

We saw that in yesterdays protests
Those protesters are snowflakes, they will get over it.

I'm afraid it is just the beginning

Wait till Republicans drop people from health insurance. wait until Trump puts boots on the ground

Then you will see real protests
They are not going to drop the health insurance fully they are just gonna get rid of the dumbass mandatory part of it. Mandatory insurance is legalized extortion… Fact

OK Republicans drop that mandatory part of health insurance

How are you going to get insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions?
How are you going to handle people coming to emergency rooms with serious problems?

Ball is in your court Republicans. You just don't get to bitch and complain anymore...you are the ones expected to provide solutions

The solution is easy:

pass a one page bill with the following provisions

1. insurance companies can compete across state lines
2. no policy can include a lifetime maximum payment
3. no one with a pre-existing condition can be refused insurance
4. block grant Medicaid funds to the states with the requirement that they be used to cover the uninsured who are UNABLE to afford insurance.

Problem for Trump is that along with that rage he harnessed, he also created a lot of rage against him

We saw that in yesterdays protests
Those protesters are snowflakes, they will get over it.

I'm afraid it is just the beginning

Wait till Republicans drop people from health insurance. wait until Trump puts boots on the ground

Then you will see real protests
They are not going to drop the health insurance fully they are just gonna get rid of the dumbass mandatory part of it. Mandatory insurance is legalized extortion… Fact

OK Republicans drop that mandatory part of health insurance

How are you going to get insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions?
How are you going to handle people coming to emergency rooms with serious problems?

Ball is in your court Republicans. You just don't get to bitch and complain anymore...you are the ones expected to provide solutions

The solution is easy:

pass a one page bill with the following provisions

1. insurance companies can compete across state lines
2. no policy can include a lifetime maximum payment
3. no one with a pre-existing condition can be refused insurance
4. block grant Medicaid funds to the states with the requirement that they be used to cover the uninsured who are UNABLE to afford insurance.
How are the actual health plans structured?

I'm hearing HSA's, is that the plan?

Forum List

Back