A no BS, non partisan examination of the success of Obama's stimulus package

When the money is paid back with interest, you will have the total equation. It is only then that you can debate it's merits.

Bush's tax cuts were more expensive than the Recovery Act. When will see that money back?

Tax cuts don't cost anything.

The problem is government didn't reduce spending

And are you implying that it is more expensive to let people keep their own money than to fund trillion dollar stimulus packages?

Every single first world country on earth is a hybrid public/private economy. ;) The private sector can't do everything and when you're talking about cities you do need a public sector.

fact...

The extreme conservative movement is a movement of deep country folk that don't have a clue.

Obama could of given that 800 billion dollars back to every citizen in the country and they could of used to pay bills, buy a car, etc etc and STIMULATE the economy that way, but instead he took it and we have no frikken idea where it went and how it was spent and we STILL have over 7% unemployment after 5 frikken years of this failure

the Op is determined to make Obama out to be some brilliant hero when nearly 60% who disapprove of him disagree

petty pathetic if you ask me

Obama could of given that 800 billion dollars back to every citizen in the country and they could of used to pay bills, buy a car, etc etc and STIMULATE the economy that way, but instead he took it and we have no frikken idea where it went and how it was spent and we STILL have over 7% unemployment after 5 frikken years of this failure

the Op is determined to make Obama out to be some brilliant hero when nearly 60% who disapprove of him disagree

I'll admit the president mismanaged it and likely set a bon fire in the back yard of the white house.

When the money is paid back with interest, you will have the total equation. It is only then that you can debate it's merits.

Bush's tax cuts were more expensive than the Recovery Act. When will see that money back?

Tax cuts don't cost anything.

The problem is government didn't reduce spending

And are you implying that it is more expensive to let people keep their own money than to fund trillion dollar stimulus packages?

that they don't know that is why we all should be very Afraid

Well Pelosi did say that 7% unemployment was the new norm and Obama claimed that 5.6% unemployment udder Bush was "immoral".

Not sure what anyone expects from the far left except hypocrisy.

Well Pelosi did say that 7% unemployment was the new norm and Obama claimed that 5.6% unemployment udder Bush was "immoral".

Do you have a quote of Obama saying that?

Oh my the far left is reaching these days, yes then senator Obama said it.

Next you will want a link to Pelosi's infamous quote of "We must pass the bill to find out what's in it."

Either way, it's a valid assertion. You probably don't really understand GDP if you don't understand how printing money inherently boosts GDP. You're like a neanderthal who thinks 'Rise in GDP - Economy must be do good!'

Then demonstrate the cause and effect .... shouldn't be hard to do if it's a "valid assertion." GDP represents the dollar amount of goods and services produced during a period of time. Demonstrate how the printing of money either increases peoples' incomes or provides people with more money to spend.....

GDP is basically a measure of monetary asset growth. If you print money is your monetary assets increasing or decreasing? Increasing. Thus, to return to the original point, bragging that the so-called recovery act increased GDP is stupid.
It's cute how you answer your own question -- and you get it wrong! :lol:
Printing money lowers the value of the dollar. If doing so has any impact on monetary assets, it would be to decrease it, not increase it.

I can only conclude this monstrous fail by you is your vein attempt to draw a cause & effect between printing money and GDP (where there is none) in order to make a political point, and not an economic point, because it aggravates you that GDP is on the rise.

All too many laymen (and hack pretend economists (like [MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION])) think that GDP is an absolute function of economic progression. If that were true, then we would have had more than two negative GDP years since 1935.
Actual number of negative years of GDP since 1935 ... 14

http://www.bea.gov/national/xls/gdpchg.xls

It seems that you're the layman and hack pretend economist you portray in others. First, you naively claim that printing money increases monetary assets ... then you ignorantly claim there were only 2 years where GDP was negative.

If you knew how the stimulus worked you would know the money generated demand. A ripple effect. It wasn't zero sum.

Next you will want a link to Pelosi's infamous quote of "We must pass the bill to find out what's in it."

Perhaps he did, but I'm certainly not going to take your word for it. You could be wrong, or worse, you could be lying. That you wouldn't just quote him leads me to believe it's for one of those reasons.

Perhaps he did, but I'm certainly not going to take your word for it. You could be wrong, or worse, you could be lying. That you wouldn't just quote him leads me to believe it's for one of those reasons.

Just like how you posted links to prove all your far left propaganda?

So you want others to do what you refuse to do.

Typical far left.

If you knew how the stimulus worked you would know the money generated demand. A ripple effect. It wasn't zero sum.

No it was a legal money laundering scheme designed to line the pockets of the far left donors, especially the unions.

No it was a legal money laundering scheme designed to line the pockets of the far left donors, especially the unions.

and they don't care it was STOLEN from us taxpayers as long as it's their Dear Leader doing it..they talk about the Bush tax cuts...AT LEAST we knew where they went
Obots are so disgustingly dishonest, they condone theft by this government

Another idiot whoi believes in the multiplier effect.

And yet there is zero evidence that is true.

Another idiot whoi believes in the multiplier effect.

You apparently don't understand how our economy works. Consumer spending creates economic stimulus.

Forum List

Back