A question for Republicans

US-national-debt-GDP.gif

Your source? Or do prefer to just plagiarize? Or perhaps you just made it up!
Ole' 'Lather, Rinse, Repeat' hs been blaming Reagan and HW for all financial disasters for a long time now. He brings up the same, charts or new charts saying the same thing now for months that I recall. Don't expect any truth, just sophistry.

People probably used to ask -- so Earth is not flat? Really? With a straight face?

People who think the government overspends are like flat-Earthers? :lol:

A fair comparison for people refusing to believe the numbers. Americans are bad at math that's a well known fact. Honestly, what kind of people can get fooled by a credit card company (which had diligently sent its victims letters describing how the scheme works)?

I believe the numbers prove we overspend.
I believe people who think our problems will be solved by hiking taxes are the flat-Earthers.

People who think the government overspends are like flat-Earthers? :lol:

A fair comparison for people refusing to believe the numbers. Americans are bad at math that's a well known fact. Honestly, what kind of people can get fooled by a credit card company (which had diligently sent its victims letters describing how the scheme works)?

Only fools "believe" in things they cannot substantiate. And they do it at they own peril.

Only fools "believe" in things they cannot substantiate. And they do it at they own peril.

What a stupid retort.

Look at the numbers and then try to pretend we don't overspend.

We clearly do.

Here's a hint for myopic goobers such as you.

MASSIVE endless (and did I mention MASSIVE?) deficits and debt.

FDsys - Browse BUDGET

Oh boy... Has it ever occurred to you that you can -- and should -- do your own research? I can reproduce the graph above in 30 minutes, why can't you?

Even more interesting is why would you doubt that chart in the first place? Didn't you know that Reagan started to run huge deficits? Didn't you know that Clinton balanced the budget?

Last edited:

Oh boy... Has it ever occurred to you that you can -- and should -- do your own research? I can reproduce the graph above in 30 minutes, why can't you?

Even more interesting is why would you doubt that chart? Didn't you know that Reagan started to run huge deficits? Didn't you know that Clinton balanced the budget?

Didn't YOU know that Bubba didn't balance diddly dick?

Gingrich did.

Even more interesting is why would you doubt that chart? Didn't you know that Reagan started to run huge deficits? Didn't you know that Clinton balanced the budget?

Gingrich did.

Bullshit -- it was Clinton who raised taxes so that the revenues could finally catch up with the rising spending. And when they did, it just so happened that Gingrich was the speaker.

Last edited:

Gingrich did.

Bullshit -- it was Clinton who raised taxes so that the revenues could finally catch up with the rising spending.

Yes. Bullshit does flow from your computer onto the interwebz.

Bubba fought AGAINST the efforts of Gingrich to honor the contract with America. Bubba only relented and signed on to the program -- thus signing a balanced budget -- after whining, whinnying, braying, pissing, moaning, groaning, crying, blubbering and having a little hissy-fit.

And no President can unilaterally "raise taxes" either, you dishonest hack.

You are fool not because you cannot find the numbers -- it's because you making claims that contradict those very numbers.

Claiming that we spend too much is contradicted by showing exactly how much we spend?
Please explain further.

Explaining as I would to a first-grader -- sorry, I don't know simpler than that.

You can't say that X trillions is too much or too little. You can only do so by comparing those X trillions with another number.

So if US are spending too much, it is too much relative to what number?

You are fool not because you cannot find the numbers -- it's because you making claims that contradict those very numbers.

Claiming that we spend too much is contradicted by showing exactly how much we spend?
Please explain further.

Explaining as I would to a first-grader -- sorry, I don't know simpler than that.

You can't say that X trillions is too much or too little. You can only do so by comparing those X trillions with another number.

Are you capable of grasping the fundamental notion that we are spending VASTLY more than we actually have to spend? I mean, really? Really? That's too difficult for your pin head to handle?

You seem rather dim. I will try to find some kind of universal translator to assist you. English to incredibly dopey. But it may not capture the nuances of how slow you really are.

Please explain further.

I gave you a link to a whole bunch of numbers.
If you studied them, you could see that the more recent ones are too large in comparison to the older ones.
If you were as smart as a first grader, you might understand.

Please explain further.

If I were in debt...and my wife came to me and said "lets take a trip to Aruba"....I would say it is too expensive...having no idea what the cost is. Expensive is a relative term to ones worth.

T ome, a 250K car is too expensive.
To a multi billionaire, it is not.

SO I dont know where the heck you are coming up with this "new way" to determine if something is too expensive.

Gingrich did.

Bullshit -- it was Clinton who raised taxes so that the revenues could finally catch up with the rising spending.

Yes. Bullshit does flow from your computer onto the interwebz.

Bubba fought AGAINST the efforts of Gingrich to honor the contract with America. Bubba only relented and signed on to the program -- thus signing a balanced budget -- after whining, whinnying, braying, pissing, moaning, groaning, crying, blubbering and having a little hissy-fit.

And no President can unilaterally "raise taxes" either, you dishonest hack.

Right -- the President cannot unilaterally rise taxes, but the speaker can unilaterally balance the budget.

You are full of it.

Please explain further.

Are you capable of grasping the fundamental notion that we are spending VASTLY more than we actually have to spend?

We can have more than enough, dickhead. It is the Republicans who keep eroding the budget revenues by cutting taxes, and they are doing it mainly to make the dickheads like you screaming that we spend more than we "have".

Honestly, is it too hard to get that if we do not collect enough taxes, spending will be greater than the revenues no matter how LITTLE we actually spend?

Last edited:
Please explain further.

I gave you a link to a whole bunch of numbers.
If you studied them, you could see that the more recent ones are too large in comparison to the older ones.
If you were as smart as a first grader, you might understand.

And why do you believe the recent numbers are TOO large relative to the older ones? For example, in 1789 the US government has spent about 1 million dollars. In 1925 the sum was about 3000 times larger -- almost 3 billions. Was that 1925 spending TOO large, you think?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back