🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Very Cool New Chevy

It looks like Chevy has made an EV car that has a range of 200 miles.

I was looking at a Tesla for my next car but this Chevy car has a farther range and costs less.

I'm glad to see more EV cars available.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

NO ONE is going to cross shop that thing with anything Tesla makes, why you had to lie about thinking about buying a Tesla is beyond me.

I was looking at a Tesla for my next car but this Chevy car has a farther range and costs less.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

First of all, 200 miles is not a bigger range than the Teslas. The Tesla Model S with a 60 kWh battery has a range of 208 miles, with the 85 kWh battery system it gets 265 miles.

Second of all, let us know when the actual cars start rolling off the assembly line and meet the specs they claimed.

I hope that Chevy accomplishes this. But I don't see it challenging the Tesla right out of the starting gate.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept
I'm glad to see the electric car coming back. Gm has been a bit crummy with their designs. It's cool that this thing is in the realm of the Tesla for mileage. But it's ugly as holy hell. But let me know how it drives.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

First of all, 200 miles is not a bigger range than the Teslas. The Tesla Model S with a 60 kWh battery has a range of 208 miles, with the 85 kWh battery system it gets 265 miles.

Second of all, let us know when the actual cars start rolling off the assembly line and meet the specs they claimed.

I hope that Chevy accomplishes this. But I don't see it challenging the Tesla right out of the starting gate.

I haven't done all my homework on the Tesla yet. I'm not due for a new car until about a year from now. I had planned on checking out the Tesla.

We decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. We bought our first hybrid then. It was my husband's car. I got my first hybrid in 2005. Hubby got a Volt in 2013 to replace his Prius. I really like that Volt but it's range is only 40 miles. I couldn't drive it to our house by Mt. Rainier on all electricity.

I ruled out the Leaf, it's too ugly. I don't want to drive an ugly car.

So the Tesla was left for me to look at. Last I heard it got around 100 miles to a charge so when I saw this Chevy on the AOL home page I thought it was great.

I hope it's in production by the time I get a new car. I want to test drive it and a Tesla. If the Chevy is available to buy at that time I will probably get one. If it isn't, I'll get a Tesla.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept
I'm glad to see the electric car coming back. Gm has been a bit crummy with their designs. It's cool that this thing is in the realm of the Tesla for mileage. But it's ugly as holy hell. But let me know how it drives.

The warranty runs out on my Prius at the end of this year so I won't be test driving until then. I only own a car for as long as the warranty then I get a new one.

I think the Leaf is very ugly but not this car or the Tesla. I won't be test driving a Leaf.

Build all the EV's that get charged up using electricity made from coal. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Chevy Bolt EV Concept

I haven't done all my homework on the Tesla yet. I'm not due for a new car until about a year from now. I had planned on checking out the Tesla.

We decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. We bought our first hybrid then. It was my husband's car. I got my first hybrid in 2005. Hubby got a Volt in 2013 to replace his Prius. I really like that Volt but it's range is only 40 miles. I couldn't drive it to our house by Mt. Rainier on all electricity.

I ruled out the Leaf, it's too ugly. I don't want to drive an ugly car.

So the Tesla was left for me to look at. Last I heard it got around 100 miles to a charge so when I saw this Chevy on the AOL home page I thought it was great.

I hope it's in production by the time I get a new car. I want to test drive it and a Tesla. If the Chevy is available to buy at that time I will probably get one. If it isn't, I'll get a Tesla.

Depending on the battery system you get with the Tesla, they are rated at between 208 and 275 miles per charge.

But the Tesla is not cheap. It is not designed as an economy car for the masses. The cheapest model/trim will set you back $71,070. While there are incentives (I am guess they come post-purchase) of $7,500 federal and varying state amounts (here in GA it is $5k), the price after incentives in GA would still be a shade over $58k.

But the fact that it is an EV is only part of it. It is a high tech, high performance luxury car. The top models will run 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, while being a roomy 4 door with style.

Build all the EV's that get charged up using electricity made from coal. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Coal is used to generate 39% of the electricity in the US. So the hypocrisy you claim is less than the lie you told.

What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration EIA
"In 2013, the United States generated about 4,058 billion kilowatthours of electricity. About 67% of the electricity generated was from fossil fuel (coal, natural gas, and petroleum), with 39% attributed from coal."

And that amount will continue to drop as more nuclear power and hydroelectic systems are put online, along with solar and other renewables.

Here is a breakdown of what sources were used to generate how much:

"
  • Coal 39%
  • Natural Gas 27%
  • Nuclear 19%
  • Hydropower 7%
  • Other Renewable 6%
    • Biomass 1.48%
    • Geothermal 0.41%
    • Solar 0.23%
    • Wind 4.13%
  • Petroleum 1%
  • Other Gases < 1%"

So nuclear and hydro combined accounted for 26% of the electricity generated.

The renewable sources accounted for 6% in 2013, and are all pretty new technologies.

If you get 1 kilowatt of power from coal you to charge your EV you are a hypocrite.

Not in my state it isn't.

Our one and only coal fired plant left in my state is being shut down. The shutdown stared in 2005 and should be done soon.

The electricity we use to recharge my husband's car comes mostly from water. Some from wind.

My state has a law that requires a certain amount of our electricity be generated from alternative power. We don't consider water alternative since hydro electricity has been around for 100 years.

Your state may still be slaves to dirty coal but not mine.

So I'm not a hypocrite.

If you get 1 kilowatt of power from coal you to charge your EV you are a hypocrite.

Bullshit. But you keep saying that.

Look at the filtration on the exhaust of a coal fired generating plant and then look at the amount of filtration on the average car.

Our one and only coal fired plant left in my state is being shut down. The shutdown stared in 2005 and should be done soon.

The electricity we use to recharge my husband's car comes mostly from water. Some from wind.

My state has a law that requires a certain amount of our electricity be generated from alternative power. We don't consider water alternative since hydro electricity has been around for 100 years.

So I'm not a hypocrite.
Thats your state, must be cali. Most states still have coal plants.

I don't so stop trying to paint me as a hypocrite.

You're lying and lies from people like you are so old and tired. Get some new lies.

So I'm not a hypocrite.
Thats your state, must be cali. Most states still have coal plants.

So what you are saying is that until we can make the step away from all fossil fuels, we should not make any attempts to reduce the dependence on them or look for any other sources of transportation?

lol Okey dokey then.

61% of the elctricity in the US is generated without any coal. 33% is generated without any fossil fuels. 100% of the gas combustion engines burn fossil fuel.

Reducing is not hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back