Abortion Is Finally Illegal -- And I Can't Wait To Sue

abortion-trimesters.jpg

Note public support for legal abortion on demand in the second trimester drops to 28 percent. Roe v. Wade allows for abortions during this period.

This is where pro-lifers should begin their offensive. Not in the first six weeks. They will have much more success.

Third trimester, support drops to 13 percent.

The authoritarian right seeks only to compel conformity and punish dissent at the expense of individual liberty.
That some might perceive abortion to be wrong is personal and subjective and not within the purview of the state.
Conservatives of course place the authority of the state over the liberties of the people.
You -do- agree, however: This law is constitutional.

abortion-trimesters.jpg

Note public support for legal abortion on demand in the second trimester drops to 28 percent. Roe v. Wade allows for abortions during this period.

This is where pro-lifers should begin their offensive. Not in the first six weeks. They will have much more success.

"This conforms with the actual rate of abortions in the U.S. by trimester. According to the Guttmacher Institute, which tracks abortion statistics, late-trimester abortions are rare -- only 1.3% are conducted later than 20 weeks, whereas 89% are performed within the first 12 weeks."

"This conforms with the actual rate of abortions in the U.S. by trimester. According to the Guttmacher Institute, which tracks abortion statistics, late-trimester abortions are rare -- only 1.3% are conducted later than 20 weeks, whereas 89% are performed within the first 12 weeks."
Yes, according to Planned Parenthood 65 percent of all abortions occur in the first 8 weeks of gestation, and 91 percent are performed in the first trimester.

But since many pro-choicers and all pro-lifers have common ground in the second trimester, that is where the fight should begin.

I believe there is also a lot of common ground when it comes to access to birth control and providing eduction about birth control. Nearly half of all abortions are because no birth control was used during sex, which is incredibly irresponsible, especially considering the ubiquity and cheapness of birth control.

killing any being should be murder and yes i am vegan , and am pro life , i cant understand why anyone would want to hurt a baby any sort of baby , its not something i understand myself ,
and yes i have suffered CSA , and i cant have kids due to that ( too personal and traumatizing for me to post about , )

Hang on sloopy Am in Edinburgh which on the east cost near the bottom of Scotland the lowlands we normally dont get that much bad weather unlike the west cost because it across from Ireland and the Atlantic Ocean and if there storms the west coast the the worst of the storm of the Atlantic Ocean
I've always been impressed with the Europeans and non alike here. You know more about what is happening in America than half the dumb asses on this board

A lot still think Trump is a Russian agent.....I swear to God you'll see it in between diaper changing

That is my point totally.

There is no standing for a total stranger to sue anyone who has an abortion.

This is a way for the anti choice to bankrupt any women's clinic they believe performs abortions. It doesn't matter if the abortion is legal.

This law forces the person or business to pay the court costs if they lose the case but if the anti choice people lose the case they don't have to pay the court costs.

So no matter if the person or business wins the case or not, they are left with astronomical legal costs, it puts them out of business.

Yes this is just intimidation by the anti choice people who will do everything they can to force women to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term.

Even in the case of rape and incest.

Most women are horrified by that.

I want to believe most men are too.
Correct.

The cost and nuisance of defending against a lawsuit is intimidation, even if it's soon dismissed as meritless.

abortion-trimesters.jpg

Only 10% of abortions are performed in the second trimester or later

What the Supreme Court did basically was to issue a warning to Americans that our freedom is in jeopardy. First the threat came from the Middle East. twenty years later, it comes from within. This law violates every provision of the First Amendment, as well has being totally insulting with its implication that citizens are incapable of making their own personal decisions. If it is allowed to stand, there is no such thing left as the U.S. Constitution. The government can monitor your speech, your associations, your religion, every aspect of your being, and your neighbors can turn you in to the thought police.

But the vaccine can kill me.

lol.... ya, them implanted microchips are a bitch, 'eh?

I have natural immunity.

so? you think you're covered for life? my sister got covid back in march 2020 & got it again.

Why should I risk my life ....for you?

lol.... just wear yer tin foil hat - that should protect you for life.

No false equivalencies there,

wrong.

you think you are more important than me.

did i say that? why no ... no i did not.

try some ivermectin; i hear it will help.

False. The Texas law does not allow the mother to be sued by vigilantes. Even before Roe v. Wade, the mother was never penalized for an abortion in those states where abortion was illegal. Only the providers of abortion were prosecuted.

the female gets penalized by forcing her to become a host for 9 months, go thru the pain of childbirth & then either forced to raise an unwanted child ... probably without financial help from the very people who forced her into servitude.

Forum List

Back