Alabama supreme court tells SC to take a hike on marriage opinion

"same-sex couples", the ultimate oxymoron, since two of the same sex, can't couple as nature intended.

So what other laws should we have in place to ensure that people only do things that nature intended?

Would you ground all airplanes since nature didn't give us wings, without wings we shouldn't fly since that is what nature intended?

Does this only apply to the bedroom? Would you make oral and anal sex illegal again - since that wasn't what nature intended?

>>>>>

Machines do the flying, we just go along for the ride. And what is done in a bedroom is between who ever happens to be there, but don't expect the government to sanction it.

Here's a little question for you, if a baker or photographer can't refuse to participate in a ss marriage, can they refuse to participate in a nudist or swingers wedding?

Wrong answer, it's totally relevant. We discriminate against immoral behavior all the time, we have law books full of examples. What you folks refuse to admit is that gays had the exact same rights as their genetic equivalents before the supremes invented them a new one.

Yes, we do pass laws against "immoral behavior". We passed laws that prohibited blacks from marrying whites because it was "immoral". We passed laws prohibiting the consumption of alcohol because drinking is "immoral".

Before "the supremes" ruled on Loving v Virginia, blacks had the same rights as their "generic equivalents".

Before "the supremes" ruled on Loving v Virginia, blacks had the same rights as their "generic equivalents".

That's a lie, genetically men are men and women are women, race has no bearing on that genetic fact.

I did not lie. Blacks could marry blacks and whites could marry whites. That was considered "equal" until Loving.

It was also considered immortal to contemplate blacks marrying whites..

And who could Asians and American indians marry?

From Wiki:

All anti-miscegenation laws banned the marriage of whites and non-white groups, primarily blacks, but often also Native Americans and Asians.

"but often also", meaning not always, what did the VA law say?

That would have been a false argument, because they weren't treated the same as Asians or American indians, were they? I think Loving was a proper decision, unlike this last one.

It's false argument now.

To the Commonwealth of Virginia it was a perfectly logical argument at the time.

A time when 80% of the population was against blacks being able to marry whites. The difference is that now only 40% are against same-sex civil marriage.

iz9s4ieareep_q3xhp2edg.gif

Rights aren't granted by popular vote.

Exactly.

I hope to see you remind those who cite the states voting to take away rights of equal treatment and due process from same sex couples when they voted to ban Civil Marriage and Civil Unions for same-sex couples in the early 2000's.

>>>>

"same-sex couples", the ultimate oxymoron, since two of the same sex, can't couple as nature intended.

Bigots thought interracial marriage was against nature too...

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

Why do you keep posting this crap, I've already said Loving was the correct decision, move on. There is no parallel between ss marriage and interracial marriage, except in your imagination.

Yes, we do pass laws against "immoral behavior". We passed laws that prohibited blacks from marrying whites because it was "immoral". We passed laws prohibiting the consumption of alcohol because drinking is "immoral".

That's a lie, genetically men are men and women are women, race has no bearing on that genetic fact.

I did not lie. Blacks could marry blacks and whites could marry whites. That was considered "equal" until Loving.

From Wiki:

All anti-miscegenation laws banned the marriage of whites and non-white groups, primarily blacks, but often also Native Americans and Asians.

All non whites:

Anti Miscegenation Laws in the United States

Want to keep being proven wrong?

It's false argument now.

To the Commonwealth of Virginia it was a perfectly logical argument at the time.

A time when 80% of the population was against blacks being able to marry whites. The difference is that now only 40% are against same-sex civil marriage.

iz9s4ieareep_q3xhp2edg.gif

Exactly.

I hope to see you remind those who cite the states voting to take away rights of equal treatment and due process from same sex couples when they voted to ban Civil Marriage and Civil Unions for same-sex couples in the early 2000's.

>>>>

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

Why do you keep posting this crap, I've already said Loving was the correct decision, move on. There is no parallel between ss marriage and interracial marriage, except in your imagination.

I keep posting the parallels and you keep ignoring them because they make you uncomfortable. Bigots then played the "unnatural" card just like bigots today do. The only thing that has changed is the target, the bigots remain the same, right down to their "unnatural" arguments.

Exactly.

>>>>

I keep posting the parallels and you keep ignoring them because they make you uncomfortable. Bigots then played the "unnatural" card just like bigots today do. The only thing that has changed is the target, the bigots remain the same, right down to their "unnatural" arguments.

Nature created the tools for men and women to couple, not me, and not you. It's just that simple.

Exactly.

>>>>

Nature created the tools for men and women to couple, not me, and not you. It's just that simple.
Nature created human sex for pleasure, bonding. Reproduction catches a ride here and there.

Exactly.

>>>>

Yes, your arguments are indeed simple...much like these.

The purity of public morals," the court declared, "the moral and physical development of both races….require that they should be kept distinct and separate… that connections and alliances so unnatural that God and nature seem to forbid them, should be prohibited by positive law, and be subject to no evasion.

and these:

Connections and alliances so unnatural that God and nature seem to forbid them should be prohibited by positive law and be subject to no evasion.
and these:

"They cannot possibly have any progeny, and such a fact sufficiently justifies those laws which forbid the intermarriage of blacks and whites."

"The amalgamation of the races is not only unnatural, but is always productive of deplorable results. Our daily observation shows us, that the offspring of these unnatural connections are generally sickly and effeminate [...]They are productive of evil, and evil only, without any corresponding good."

"By the laws of Massachusetts intermarriages between these races are forbidden as criminal. Why forbidden? Simply because natural instinct revolts at it as wrong."

"Intermarriages between white persons and negroes or mulattoes were regarded as unnatural and immoral."
(Said by a Chief Justice)​

From Wiki:

All non whites:

I asked a simple question, you didn't post a link the first time in post 399. The only consistency I see in the link was the inconsistency in the laws of the various States, even those overturned by Loving.

Nature created human sex for pleasure, bonding. Reproduction catches a ride here and there.

Tell that to the mate of a black widow spider, which is promptly killed, in most cases.

From Wiki:

All non whites:

I asked a simple question, you didn't post a link the first time in post 399. The only consistency I see in the link was the inconsistency in the laws of the various States, even those overturned by Loving.

Yes...much like the inconsistency in the laws of the various states before they were overturned by Obergefell

The purity of public morals," the court declared, "the moral and physical development of both races….require that they should be kept distinct and separate… that connections and alliances so unnatural that God and nature seem to forbid them, should be prohibited by positive law, and be subject to no evasion.

and these:

Connections and alliances so unnatural that God and nature seem to forbid them should be prohibited by positive law and be subject to no evasion.
and these:

"They cannot possibly have any progeny, and such a fact sufficiently justifies those laws which forbid the intermarriage of blacks and whites."

"The amalgamation of the races is not only unnatural, but is always productive of deplorable results. Our daily observation shows us, that the offspring of these unnatural connections are generally sickly and effeminate [...]They are productive of evil, and evil only, without any corresponding good."

"By the laws of Massachusetts intermarriages between these races are forbidden as criminal. Why forbidden? Simply because natural instinct revolts at it as wrong."

"Intermarriages between white persons and negroes or mulattoes were regarded as unnatural and immoral."

Once again that crap has nothing to do with my argument, you keep deflecting back to this because you can't break my argument that men and women are designed by nature to couple. In fact it's necessary to the continuing of the species.

Tell that to the mate of a black widow spider, which is promptly killed, in most cases.

But, but, but that's "natural", right?

From Wiki:

All non whites:

Yes...much like the inconsistency in the laws of the various states before they were overturned by Obergefell

Right, except there was no inconsistency until 13 years ago.

and these:

and these:

Once again that crap has nothing to do with my argument, you keep deflecting back to this because you can't break my argument that men and women are designed by nature to couple. In fact it's necessary to the continuing of the species.

It has everything to do with your argument. It IS your argument, only with a different target. Same bigots, different decade.

And some of us are naturally (or by design) made to not continue the species...and yet we still do. I've "continued the species" five times.

It is for them.

and these:

and these:

It has everything to do with your argument. It IS your argument, only with a different target. Same bigots, different decade.

And some of us are naturally (or by design) made to not continue the species...and yet we still do. I've "continued the species" five times.

You have my condolences. Did you do it the old fashioned way?

It is for them.

Wow...it's like you're finally catching on. For a percentage of the population, attraction to members of the same sex is natural for them. This obviously occurs "naturally" or if you believe that sort of thing, by design. Duh!

and these:

and these:

You have my condolences. Did you do it the old fashioned way?

Why condolences? Don't like kids?

Three of them I had the old fashioned way, vaginally, two, the twins, were C-section.

It is for them.

Wow...it's like you're finally catching on. For a percentage of the population, attraction to members of the same sex is natural for them. This obviously occurs "naturally" or if you believe that sort of thing, by design. Duh!

Sounds something like Ted Bundy would say, it was natural for him. I would disagree with him too.

Forum List

Back