Alabama supreme court tells SC to take a hike on marriage opinion

Why condolences? Don't like kids?

Kids are alright, depending how they're fixed. Actually I saw the direction this country was turning back in the early 70's, with parents rights and school powers to discipline children stripped away and other signs I thought were detrimental to the country and decided it wouldn't be wise to bring children into this world. I have never regretted that decision.

Three of them I had the old fashioned way, vaginally, two, the twins, were C-section.

I wasn't asking how they were delivered, I was asking how they were conceived.

Nature created human sex for pleasure, bonding. Reproduction catches a ride here and there.

Tell that to the mate of a black widow spider, which is promptly killed, in most cases.

But, but, but that's "natural", right?

It is for them.

Wow...it's like you're finally catching on. For a percentage of the population, attraction to members of the same sex is natural for them. This obviously occurs "naturally" or if you believe that sort of thing, by design. Duh!

Sounds something like Ted Bundy would say, it was natural for him. I would disagree with him too.

Ah, and there's the moron response...comparing consenting adult relationships to murder. You skipped right over pedophilia and bestiality. Way to go full on stupid right out of the gate!

Kids are alright, depending how they're fixed. Actually I saw the direction this country was turning back in the early 70's, with parents rights and school powers to discipline children stripped away and other signs I thought were detrimental to the country and decided it wouldn't be wise to bring children into this world. I have never regretted that decision..

The rest of the world breathes a sigh of relief as well.

That's nosey of you. I conceived the old fashioned way...a turkey baster with our kids and invitro with the surrogate babies.

Tell that to the mate of a black widow spider, which is promptly killed, in most cases.

It is for them.

Wow...it's like you're finally catching on. For a percentage of the population, attraction to members of the same sex is natural for them. This obviously occurs "naturally" or if you believe that sort of thing, by design. Duh!

Sounds something like Ted Bundy would say, it was natural for him. I would disagree with him too.

Ah, and there's the moron response...comparing consenting adult relationships to murder. You skipped right over pedophilia and bestiality. Way to go full on stupid right out of the gate!

Hey, it's you folks that's into moral relativism, but it's nice to see you draw the line somewhere. I don't give a shit what consenting adults do in private, but as I said before, don't demand the government sanction it. The only difference between us is where we draw the line.

It is for them.

Hey, it's you folks that's into moral relativism, but it's nice to see you draw the line somewhere. I don't give a shit what consenting adults do in private, but as I said before, don't demand the government sanction it. The only difference between us is where we draw the line.

If you didn't want gay couples to have equal access to civil marriage, you should not have required the government to "sanction" YOUR relationships with the institution.

You can no more deny gay couples a marriage license for their consenting adult relationships than you could deny a driver's license to someone because they are gay.

Kids are alright, depending how they're fixed. Actually I saw the direction this country was turning back in the early 70's, with parents rights and school powers to discipline children stripped away and other signs I thought were detrimental to the country and decided it wouldn't be wise to bring children into this world. I have never regretted that decision..

That's nosey of you. I conceived the old fashioned way...a turkey baster with our kids and invitro with the surrogate babies.

Of course your asking if I liked kids wasn't a bit nosy, right? And a note to the obviously clueless, insemination and invetro ain't the old fashioned way.

It is for them.

If you didn't want gay couples to have equal access to civil marriage, you should not have required the government to "sanction" YOUR relationships with the institution.

You can no more deny gay couples a marriage license for their consenting adult relationships than you could deny a driver's license to someone because they are gay.

But there is nothing requiring a state to recognize the license or to issue one for that matter, except for the inconsistent opinions of 5 lawyers.

But there is nothing requiring a state to recognize the license or to issue one for that matter, except for the inconsistent opinions of 5 lawyers.

There is for marriage laws. If a 45 year old man marries his 15 year old cousin in Alabama, they are still married in NY.

And yes, there is a requirement for the state to issue the marriage license to those that qualify for it...ask Kim Davis.

Of course your asking if I liked kids wasn't a bit nosy, right? And a note to the obviously clueless, insemination and invetro ain't the old fashioned way.

No it wasn't since you opened the door when you gave condolences for my having them.

For gays, yes, both AI and IVF are the old fashioned way. Does it make you feel better to know my wife and I had sex before we conceived?

There is for marriage laws. If a 45 year old man marries his 15 year old cousin in Alabama, they are still married in NY.

And yes, there is a requirement for the state to issue the marriage license to those that qualify for it...ask Kim Davis.

NY has no obligation to honor a license from AL. Just because one state decides to license someone doesn't mean other states have to honor that license.

What exactly does Kim Davis have to do with anything, she stopped issuing all licenses, there was no discrimination. As far as I know that hasn't changed, she still isn't issuing licenses.

NY has no obligation to honor a license from AL. Just because one state decides to license someone doesn't mean other states have to honor that license.

A marriage license, yes they do. It's called Full Faith and Credit.

What exactly does Kim Davis have to do with anything, she stopped issuing all licenses, there was no discrimination. As far as I know that hasn't changed, she still isn't issuing licenses.

She sought to keep her entire office from issuing licenses to gay people. She lost, spent time in jail and her office is issuing marriage licenses.

No it wasn't since you opened the door when you gave condolences for my having them.

For gays, yes, both AI and IVF are the old fashioned way. Does it make you feel better to know my wife and I had sex before we conceived?

Where'd you get the men?

She sought to keep her entire office from issuing licenses to gay people. She lost, spent time in jail and her office is issuing marriage licenses.

Full faith and credit, hummmmmmmmm, why doesn't that apply to nursing licenses, doctors licenses, why does a lawyer have to be admitted to the bar of every state they practice in or why doesn't it apply to concealed carry licenses? Seems to me full faith and credit means nothing, it's left to the whims of the states. Hell even our nations capital doesn't honor concealed carry licenses form any state or territory, full faith and credit my ass.

Also, Davis office is not issuing licenses with her name on them.

Full faith and credit, hummmmmmmmm, why doesn't that apply to nursing licenses, doctors licenses, why does a lawyer have to be admitted to the bar of every state they practice in or why doesn't it apply to concealed carry licenses? Seems to me full faith and credit means nothing, it's left to the whims of the states. Hell even our nations capital doesn't honor concealed carry licenses form any state or territory, full faith and credit my ass.

Not my problem or my concern. It DOES apply to marriage licenses. This is why the 45 year old can marry his 15 year old cousin in AL and have it be legal in NY.

And Kim Davis wanted to impose her religious beliefs on her entire office. Her goal was for her office to not issue licenses to gay couples. She lost...badly. The people marrying don't give two shits whose name is on it.

Last edited:

Where'd you get the men?

Because men are so difficult to find? I asked a gay male friend of mine to donate, he did. As for the surrogates, the fathers of the children provided the sperm, another woman provided the eggs, I provided the room and board.

Not my problem or my concern. It DOES apply to marriage licenses. This is why the 45 year old can marry his 15 year old cousin in AL and have it be legal in NY.

And Kim Davis wanted to impose her religious beliefs on her entire office. Her goal was for her office to not issue licenses to gay couples. She lost...badly. The people marrying don't give two shits whose name is on it.

So you will support a courts inconsistent decisions so long as they go your way or they don't effect you, hypocrite much?

Where'd you get the men?

Because men are so difficult to find? I asked a gay male friend of mine to donate, he did. As for the surrogates, the fathers of the children provided the sperm, another woman provided the eggs, I provided the room and board.

So you had sex with a gay male friend before you were married?

Money changed hands. Kids had their parental status twisted and shadowy. Sounds quite a bit like child trafficking in the womb to me..

So you will support a courts inconsistent decisions so long as they go your way or they don't effect you, hypocrite much?

Except there is no inconsistent decision. Marriage licenses fall under FF&C, the things you listed do not. Inconsistent would be if marriage licenses for straight people fell under FF&C and licenses for gays did not. That's the very definition of inconsistency.

Where'd you get the men?

So you had sex with a gay male friend before you were married?

Are you stupid, tired or drunk? I already told you I used AI and IVF. Heck it's right in the text above your response.

Forum List

Back