All homeless people deserve to be housed

Status
Not open for further replies.
One third of the US population, 100m, receive federal aid from over 80 federally subsidized programs, at an average cost of $9000. Per recipient.

Then there are the State programs that provide these services.

But, but, but...

We need more.

Unless you are willing to help yourself there is little we can do to lift you out of your self imposed demise.

If you showed a little initiative then maybe we wouldn't be here questioning the need for more entitlements.

You serious?

Damn I am stupid ..
Yes Bear.

Easily found truth.

Multitude of funding and we still hear that America is chock full of meanie conservatives.

This does not include charity.

I didn't know it was that much...

So how can I get in these programs? To mooch off society?
Good question.

I'm right here in the DC metro area and I have yet to find a way to leech off of the money that pours into this place.

Funny thing is...

You get out of the downtown DC area and it's a third world hellhole.

Places you would be best to stay out of after dark.

I assume it's a poor black thing, word of mouth, acorn/ planed parent hood thing...

One third of the US population, 100m, receive federal aid from over 80 federally subsidized programs, at an average cost of $9000. Per recipient.

But, but, but...

We need more.

Unless you are willing to help yourself there is little we can do to lift you out of your self imposed demise.

If you showed a little initiative then maybe we wouldn't be here questioning the need for more entitlements.

You serious?

Damn I am stupid ..
Yes Bear.

Easily found truth.

Multitude of funding and we still hear that America is chock full of meanie conservatives.

Probably because it's not. These are numbers from the Heritage Foundation a conservative " think tank".

And the story is five year sold.
You lying fucking piece of shit.

I have this information in front of me.

It is not from the Heritage foundation.

Prove me wrong.

Welfare Spending at All-Time High…and Growing

Welfare spending has hit a stunning, all-time high. A new Congressional Research Service report confirms what research here at The Heritage Foundation has shown: The government’s means-tested welfare programs now cost taxpayers roughly $1 trillion a year. (This figure does not include either Social Security or Medicare.)

Unlike general government programs, mean-tested welfare programs provide assistance exclusively to poor and low-income individuals. The federal government runs over 80 means-tested programs providing cash, food, housing, medical care and social services to around 100 million Americans. That’s a third of the U.S. population. Combined federal and state expenditures on these programs come to roughly $9,000 per recipient per year.

All homeless people deserve at a minimum to be housed in single wides and given a college education...One can not pull themselves up from off the street corner and it is the morally right thing to do as a country.

No one should be homeless.

Proud to be liberal as I don't think anyone should rot on the sidewalk.
Well, why aren't you taking the homeless into your house? Who's going to pay for all of this that you insist has to happen?

All homeless people deserve at a minimum to be housed in single wides and given a college education...One can not pull themselves up from off the street corner and it is the morally right thing to do as a country.

Where does the $$$ come from to pay for this dog and pony show?

-Geaux

They've found that providing homeless people with basic shelter enables them to physically recover from life on the streets, and to become productive again. And it costs LESS than providing assistance to homeless people.

Please show us that study. Source and link, please.

But, but, but...

We need more.

You serious?

Damn I am stupid ..
Yes Bear.

Easily found truth.

Good question.

I'm right here in the DC metro area and I have yet to find a way to leech off of the money that pours into this place.

Funny thing is...

I assume it's a poor black thing, word of mouth, acorn/ planed parent hood thing...
I'm sure they are coached on the system.

I've noticed a lot more Hispanics moving in over the last 5 years.

But, but, but...

We need more.

You serious?

Damn I am stupid ..
Yes Bear.

Easily found truth.

Good question.

Funny thing is...

Yousaidwhat

Damn now I am interested on how to mooch off the government..

I want to sit on my ass and get free checks

Well... I'm not sure I agree with this.

People deserve to have a change to get back up again and I think there should be things in place for homeless people who are willing to try and get up. But not all of those who are homeless are willing to do so. If you're homeless because of drugs and you continue to use drugs and you're not willing to work etc etc, then why should anyone pay anything for you? A safety net for those who are unfortunate, yes, a safety net for the bone idle? No.

Sometimes you have to realize that some people will just head straight towards rotting, and that people need to see that there are consequences to bad actions, especially kids.

If a peons actually heads towards rotting after all help has been given, it's on them. But we should do what we can to try to make it so they don't . Because there are not sufficient numbers of those doing this to even try making this argument.

Yes, I mean there are certain issues which can force people into homelessness that shouldn't happen. Like people losing their homes because of unscrupulous banks, or people losing their jobs because people are trying to make a killing on the stock market and the like.

What so you don't want people to lose everything because they took a risk at pocket and lost?

So you saying they should be forgiven..

Weltching on gambling?

or people losing their jobs because people are trying to make a killing on the stock market and the like.

^ this sounds personal to me, people rolled the dice and lose on the stock market... Now you don't want them to pay there debts?

/---- Rule 1 of the stock market: Don't invest in things you don't understand. I paper traded for two years before I started trading.

Where does the $$$ come from to pay for this dog and pony show?

-Geaux

We have the money to do this even if we keep things the same. But if we reduced military spending by cutting it in half, it's easily done.

Reply for Geaux

Go over to single payer = pay about half as much in healthcare compared to today.
Cut military to 400 billion per year
Stay out of wars

Hell, yes we can afford it....I aint saying we should go invade a middle eastern country and blow 6 trillion there. jeezzz.
Single payer would destroy millions of lives, it would break the country

You serious?

Damn I am stupid ..
Yes Bear.

Easily found truth.

Good question.

Funny thing is...

Yousaidwhat

Good luck.

I'm thinking you don't qualify and don't want to in the future.

Best to get the federal job handing it out at a 6 figure salary.

You serious?

Damn I am stupid ..
Yes Bear.

Easily found truth.

Good question.

Funny thing is...

In the DC area?

Informative..

All the liberals running to Virginia fucking up that state and more Latinos moving in?

You serious?

Damn I am stupid ..
Yes Bear.

Easily found truth.

Probably because it's not. These are numbers from the Heritage Foundation a conservative " think tank".

You lying fucking piece of shit.

I have this information in front of me.

It is not from the Heritage foundation.

Prove me wrong.

Welfare spending has hit a stunning, all-time high. A new Congressional Research Service report confirms what research here at The Heritage Foundation has shown: The government’s means-tested welfare programs now cost taxpayers roughly $1 trillion a year. (This figure does not include either Social Security or Medicare.)

Unlike general government programs, mean-tested welfare programs provide assistance exclusively to poor and low-income individuals. The federal government runs over 80 means-tested programs providing cash, food, housing, medical care and social services to around 100 million Americans. That’s a third of the U.S. population. Combined federal and state expenditures on these programs come to roughly $9,000 per recipient per year.

Sorry slick.

My source is from a list of federal programs for single mothers.

But, but, but...

We need more.

You serious?

Damn I am stupid ..
Yes Bear.

Easily found truth.

So they're being Conservative on their figures and it is far more???

:9:

Unless it is from the DailyKos you most likely will disagree with any figure given to you!

No that's not true. I don't read the Daily Kos.

I knew that the heritage foundation was full of crap when they hired someone like Jim DeMint to be president of the foundation.

And yes, conservatives do not present fact based information.

There are already many programs and shelters to help the homeless. However, with the help comes rules......rules that many homeless refuse to abide by.

On another note, where does public assistance end?

Not so. We all can pull up one instance of something.

What exactly is "not so".

Point 1: There already is help for the homeless.
point 2: Many homeless go without the help because the will not accept the strings that are attached to the help.
Question: At what point should public assistance be limited/end?

The much cheaper solution is for all liberals to open their own homes to the homeless.
With so many conservatives calling themselves Christians don`t you think they should be setting the example?

As you know, Conservatives and those of faith contribute far more to charities than Progressives. No surprise, at all really, They're always happy feeling like they're doing good for others. Just so long as it is someone else's money.

Yes Bear.

Easily found truth.

Good question.

Funny thing is...

Yousaidwhat

Good luck.

*sigh*

White privilege sucks

There are already many programs and shelters to help the homeless. However, with the help comes rules......rules that many homeless refuse to abide by.

On another note, where does public assistance end?

Not so. We all can pull up one instance of something.

What exactly is "not so".

Point 1: There already is help for the homeless.
point 2: Many homeless go without the help because the will not accept the strings that are attached to the help.
Question: At what point should public assistance be limited/end?

Mainly point 2.

Yes Bear.

Easily found truth.

Good question.

Funny thing is...

In the DC area?

Informative..

All the liberals running to Virginia fucking up that state and more Latinos moving in?

They are moving in and everyone else is moving into Maryland and Virginia.

could yall stick to topic...at one time matthew all homeless people were housed......they were in asylums etc and so forth then a movement came about claiming that was cruel and unfair that if one wanted to be homeless they should be allowed to and that it was unfair to lock up the mentally ill..just cause they were mentally ill....

pendulum.png

Good question.

Funny thing is...

Yousaidwhat

Good luck.

*sigh*

White privilege sucks

What does white privilege have to do with this.?

Good question.

Funny thing is...

Yousaidwhat

Good luck.

*sigh*

White privilege sucks

What does white privilege have to do with this.?

White privilege sucks..once again I want to be a poor black person who can sit on his ass and get free checks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back