Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

the bill now has an amendment written by Toomey that says where the money must be spent... the dems tried to pass it without a designation and without oversight which they wrote into the bill the day before the vote.
No. That wasn't what Toomey's amendment said

"
"But on Tuesday, Republicans folded and agreed to move forward on the bill on the condition that they could get votes on three GOP amendments. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) wanted to reduce aid to other countries to help pay for the PACT Act. Toomey wanted to classify funding for the PACT Act as discretionary versus mandatory. Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) wanted to shift veterans care into private community care.
All of the amendments failed."

All three Amendments failed and the bill passed

The right wing media apparently dupes YOU

Bitch
I don’t consume right wing media, but you consume enormous quantities of corporate media. It makes you dumb and it’s so obvious. My Little bitch.

I’ve been called a lot of things, but that’s a new one. How do you know this?
Nothing is true anymore. Everyone is evil. We are all corrupt. No one tells you the truth. They’re all biased. Do and say whatever you want because it doesn’t matter.

This kind of nihilism is taking over the country.

Toomey is lying. The bill always said where the money goes. There was always oversight.

Toomey wanted to take the spending of the bill from being mandatory back to discretionary.

Discretionary spending is easier to cut. It gets hung up in stupid budget fights. When the budgeted money runs out, veterans are out of luck.

Toomey’s amendment is bad for veterans.

There was no change. The money was always mandatory spending. It’s the only way it makes sense. The bill passed tonight without any changes.
That's nuts... you are suggesting that 27 republicans got it so wrong that they blocked a bill they supported... that doesn't make any sense... especially since Toomey's amendment was allowed by dems and now the bill will pass...

Nothing is true anymore. Everyone is evil. We are all corrupt. No one tells you the truth. They’re all biased. Do and say whatever you want because it doesn’t matter.

Yet I don’t think that. So, you’re wrong.

No. That wasn't what Toomey's amendment said

"
"But on Tuesday, Republicans folded and agreed to move forward on the bill on the condition that they could get votes on three GOP amendments. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) wanted to reduce aid to other countries to help pay for the PACT Act. Toomey wanted to classify funding for the PACT Act as discretionary versus mandatory. Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) wanted to shift veterans care into private community care.
All of the amendments failed."

All three Amendments failed and the bill passed
That is just not true... they just reported on this bill an hour ago....

You have to be a college philosophy student to put out that kind of bullshit!

That's nuts... you are suggesting that 27 republicans got it so wrong that they blocked a bill they supported... that doesn't make any sense... especially since Toomey's amendment was allowed by dems and now the bill will pass...
I don’t actually know if Toomey’s amendment got a vote but I know get the change he wanted. The bill passed and Toomey voted against it.

27 Republicans were playing games with the bill. They’re mad at Democrats for working on a reconciliation bill so they decided to be a pain in everyone’s ass. They thought they could convince people that Democrats were in the wrong here and win a political victory. They almost got away with it.

I don’t actually know if Toomey’s amendment got a vote but I know get the change he wanted. The bill passed and Toomey voted against it.

27 Republicans were playing games with the bill. They’re mad at Democrats for working on a reconciliation bill so they decided to be a pain in everyone’s ass. They thought they could convince people that Democrats were in the wrong here and win a political victory. They almost got away with it.
Where are you getting your information?....

That is just not true... they just reported on this bill an hour ago....
Yea...and the amendments failed...and TOOMEY'S amendment (to make it discretionary funding) FAILED.

Incidentally...Discretionary means the opposite of what you claimed.

And instead made themselves look petty, cynical, and showed their lack of support for Veterans

. especially since Toomey's amendment was allowed by dems and now the bill will pass...
He was allowed to propose it...and it FAILED to pass
That's nuts... you are suggesting that 27 republicans got it so wrong that they blocked a bill they supported... that doesn't make any sense...
They didn't "get it wrong". They did what they did because OTHER legislation passed and they were PISSED...and took it out on Vets

I don’t consume right wing media, but you consume enormous quantities of corporate media. It makes you dumb and it’s so obvious. My Little bitch.
So you're just ignorant...and have decided you know stuff you don't because you have no actual facts

Forum List

Back