Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

And instead made themselves look petty, cynical, and showed their lack of support for Veterans
I wonder if Cruz has come up with his weak excuse for why he voted for it, then against it, then for it.

He’s probably too busy checking his Twitter mentions.

He was allowed to propose it...and it FAILED to pass

They didn't "get it wrong". They did what they did because OTHER legislation passed and they were PISSED...and took it out on Vets
Well the bill passed without the amendment... now lets track the money and see how much of the proposed money gets to the vets... I'm thinking half if they are lucky....

Republicans are a bunch of petty liars and people like you believe them anyway.
What did they lie about... they were trying to ensure all of the money got to where it was promised..... why are you against that?....

Yea...and the amendments failed...and TOOMEY'S amendment (to make it discretionary funding) FAILED.

Incidentally...Discretionary means the opposite of what you claimed.
Toomey's amendment was to ensure the money was spent as designated... you have it backwards....

Republicans are a bunch of petty liars
Do you feel the same way about Biden who said he would never raise taxes on people earning less than 400,000 per year... and now he is about to do that very thing... so is he a petty liar too?....

Toomey's amendment was to ensure the money was spent as designated... you have it backwards....
How is that possible stupid.

MANDATORY mean that it is spent where it is designated.

Discretionary means it can be DENIED and spent elsewhere

Way to get it backwards retard

Well the bill passed without the amendment... now lets track the money and see how much of the proposed money gets to the vets... I'm thinking half if they are lucky....
You do that. File a report here

Which was devastating....how many more might have died if we'd stayed? How many have died from toxic smoke illnesses? How many died from suicide?
That asshole is still campaigning on the bodies of those Marines.

He doesn't care about them any more than he cared about the Vets suffering cancer from burn pits etc.

I no longer have words to express the frustration and anger I feel after Senate Republicans blocked the PACT Act.

If the Democrats could pass that "Inflation Reduction Act," under the rule for reconciliation? Since the vote for the PACT Act, got more than enough votes in the house, if the Democrats want, they could have done the same.

"If Democrats pass this bill, which they can do with a simple majority under Senate rules for reconciliation, it would be the single most important legislative step the US has ever taken to combat the climate crisis."

Nope, the folks you need to blame, are the folks that control all three branches of government.

The DNC runs the table, they control all three branches of government, and can pass, or defeat, anything they want. To the corporate elites, and the corrupt interests that fund the DNC? The Green Corporate interests are more important to the DNC than the nation's vets.

Stop being manipulated.

Geeeze so much leftwing anger over nothing.... you two are going to blow a gasket in November.....

Forum List

Back