Another empty threat?

WTF does Iraq have to do with this discussion?

Well, the last time Republicans started calling something a war that wasn't actually a war (The War on Terror!!!!), Iraq was the scapegoat. Who will it be this time? If we're being invaded we should attack and kill all the "invaders" immediately. So, who we gonna attack?

If speeding today is a traffic violation and tomorrow it is made a felony, you cannot go back and charge the people from yesterday with a felony.

Also, your plan lets those that pay them to come here off the hook totally

With my plan there would be no need to lock up Americans because there would be no immigrants for them to hire.

If you were speeding last year at 10 miles an hour over the limit, and got a ticket costing you 200 bucks, and then got a speeding ticket today at 10 miles an hour over the limit that cost you 300 bucks, you are not getting fined for the ticket before. You are getting fined for the ticket you got today.

Just because somebody makes it into this country illegally does not mean they are legal once they get here. They are illegal every day and breaking our laws every single day.

If somebody broke into your house while on vacation, made themselves at home, sleeping in your bed, watching television, they are breaking the law by being in your home. You can't just come home from vacation and say because they were there when you arrived, they are no longer breaking the law.

I see your point and you are correct.

The only thing I would add is that using your house example, would you not also want the person that told the people it was ok to break into your house and liver there punished also?

The companies that hire illegals have no authority to tell them anything. The people know they are breaking the law by coming here job or not. it's no different than your neighbor telling the criminal he won't call the cops if he does break in.

The question is are the companies that get caught not punished? I think they are, although I never read a followup story as to what happened after being caught. The second question would be did the employer know (and can you prove) he or she hired an illegal? You can't convict somebody that had no ability to know they were breaking any laws.

What Are the Penalties for Hiring an Illegal Immigrant?
Hiring illegal immigrants can lead to many severe penalties, such as:

• Criminal and civil fines
  • Loss of business licenses
Most fines are broken down to the following:

• First offenders can be fined $250-$2,000 per illegal employee.
  • For a second offense, the fine is $2,000-$5,000 per illegal employee.
  • Three or more offenses can cost an employer $3000-$10,000 per illegal employee. A pattern of knowingly employing illegal immigrants can mean extra fines and up to six months in jail for an employer.
This does not include “harboring” illegal immigrants, or employing ten or more illegal immigrants in one year. Harboring an illegal immigrant can lead to ten years of prison time.

Additionally, employers should be aware of the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations(RICO) Act. Employers can be sued under the act for hiring illegal immigrants, and can face large settlement deals.

The lawfully documented workers of the Zirkle Fruit Company recently settled a class action lawsuit brought under RICO. The suit alleged that their employer knowingly hired undocumented workers, driving down their wages.

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants | LegalMatch Law Library

Are the penalties strong enough or provide enough of a deterrent? That's pretty subjective.

clearly the penalties are not strong enough or provide enough of a deterrent as it is still happening.

The possibility of losing your business license means you lose your business. I would say that's pretty harsh.

yet clearly it is not working. perhaps it is that it is not being applied as it should be.

With my plan there would be no need to lock up Americans because there would be no immigrants for them to hire.

If you were speeding last year at 10 miles an hour over the limit, and got a ticket costing you 200 bucks, and then got a speeding ticket today at 10 miles an hour over the limit that cost you 300 bucks, you are not getting fined for the ticket before. You are getting fined for the ticket you got today.

Just because somebody makes it into this country illegally does not mean they are legal once they get here. They are illegal every day and breaking our laws every single day.

If somebody broke into your house while on vacation, made themselves at home, sleeping in your bed, watching television, they are breaking the law by being in your home. You can't just come home from vacation and say because they were there when you arrived, they are no longer breaking the law.

The only thing I would add is that using your house example, would you not also want the person that told the people it was ok to break into your house and liver there punished also?

The companies that hire illegals have no authority to tell them anything. The people know they are breaking the law by coming here job or not. it's no different than your neighbor telling the criminal he won't call the cops if he does break in.

The question is are the companies that get caught not punished? I think they are, although I never read a followup story as to what happened after being caught. The second question would be did the employer know (and can you prove) he or she hired an illegal? You can't convict somebody that had no ability to know they were breaking any laws.

• Three or more offenses can cost an employer $3000-$10,000 per illegal employee. A pattern of knowingly employing illegal immigrants can mean extra fines and up to six months in jail for an employer.
This does not include “harboring” illegal immigrants, or employing ten or more illegal immigrants in one year. Harboring an illegal immigrant can lead to ten years of prison time.

Additionally, employers should be aware of the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations(RICO) Act. Employers can be sued under the act for hiring illegal immigrants, and can face large settlement deals.

The lawfully documented workers of the Zirkle Fruit Company recently settled a class action lawsuit brought under RICO. The suit alleged that their employer knowingly hired undocumented workers, driving down their wages.

Are the penalties strong enough or provide enough of a deterrent? That's pretty subjective.

clearly the penalties are not strong enough or provide enough of a deterrent as it is still happening.

The possibility of losing your business license means you lose your business. I would say that's pretty harsh.

It shouldn't be the responsibility of employers to "police" their employees. If I hire someone to mow my lawn, I shouldn't be responsible for their legal status.

yes you should

such evidence could not possibly exist, anyone with more than a 2nd grade education would understand that
Obama’s home land security director said it is.. but I guess you have evidence he is lying??? Hmmm interesting.. would you like to share snowflake? Lol

please provide the link to Obama’s homeland security director saying there is a 20,000 caravan heading to the US.
He siad it is a crisis at our border.. you said it’s not .. just wonder where you evidence is?
20 thousand we are expected to get 180 thousand by May.. but again you have evidence that’s not true??

two very different things...a crisis at the border and a 20,000 person caravan that does not exist.

Prove it doesn't exist little man. The same articles says it does and doesn't. (shrugs)

one cannot prove something does not exist, it is a logical impossibility. had you made it out of the 3rd grade you might know this.

Obama’s home land security director said it is.. but I guess you have evidence he is lying??? Hmmm interesting.. would you like to share snowflake? Lol

please provide the link to Obama’s homeland security director saying there is a 20,000 caravan heading to the US.
He siad it is a crisis at our border.. you said it’s not .. just wonder where you evidence is?
20 thousand we are expected to get 180 thousand by May.. but again you have evidence that’s not true??

two very different things...a crisis at the border and a 20,000 person caravan that does not exist.

Prove it doesn't exist little man. The same articles says it does and doesn't. (shrugs)

one cannot prove something does not exist, it is a logical impossibility. had you made it out of the 3rd grade you might know this.
Where is your evidence?? Officials there are saying it is.. why do you know so much??

Let me know when it actually forms and heads this way.

We were told by FoxNews back in Jan that one was coming...I think we are still waiting.
So it’s not a crisis ?
It's a humanitarian crisis, not a national security crisis.

You can't be that stupid.

You CAN be that bent on the destruction of America, though.

Let me know when it actually forms and heads this way.

We were told by FoxNews back in Jan that one was coming...I think we are still waiting.
So it’s not a crisis ?
It's a humanitarian crisis, not a national security crisis.
Lol
Let the motherfuckers rot in Mexico... They are not our responsibility you fucking retard
Your angry little tantrum is noted.

Your treason is noted.

yet clearly it is not working. perhaps it is that it is not being applied as it should be.

Maybe, but if they were not here in the first place, solving the first problem solves the second.

Well, the last time Republicans started calling something a war that wasn't actually a war (The War on Terror!!!!), Iraq was the scapegoat. Who will it be this time? If we're being invaded we should attack and kill all the "invaders" immediately. So, who we gonna attack?

And that might be the case if it were not illegal and you end up in prison. If it were legal to shoot the invaders, that would have solved the problem many years ago.

Maybe, but if they were not here in the first place, solving the first problem solves the second.

but they only came here because those people were willing to pay them for being here and working for them.

So you're just talking out of your ass again, got it.

So you're just talking out of your ass again, got it.

no, that would be you who blindly trust what the media tells you.

But then again, you also blindly trust what the government tells you.

at least you are consistent.

but they only came here because those people were willing to pay them for being here and working for them.

No, that is not the only reason they come here.

It's estimated that we currently have 20 million illegals living in this country. Do you mean to tell me that you believe we have 20 million illegals working in the United States?

Yes, they come here for jobs, but they also come for a variety of reasons. Again, Google Birther Tourism. They come here for our social programs mainly. That's why over half of the legal immigrants living in this country are on some sort of welfare program(s).

It's estimated that we currently have 20 million illegals living in this country. Do you mean to tell me that you believe we have 20 million illegals working in the United States?

Yes, they come here for jobs, but they also come for a variety of reasons. Again, Google Birther Tourism. They come here for our social programs mainly. That's why over half of the legal immigrants living in this country are on some sort of welfare program(s).

The jobs are what started the ball rolling, and it is also why it was ignored for decades, big business loved the cheap labor, people loved their cheap produce.

the people paying them are every bit as guilty as those coming here.

And that might be the case if it were not illegal and you end up in prison. If it were legal to shoot the invaders, that would have solved the problem many years ago.

It's illegal to shoot invaders? Which law makes that illegal? I've never heard of such a thing.

The jobs are what started the ball rolling, and it is also why it was ignored for decades, big business loved the cheap labor, people loved their cheap produce.

the people paying them are every bit as guilty as those coming here.
How do you feel about poor Americans stuggling?

Trump was just asked by media in Florida about the military build up and he told them he will close the border Wednesday if Mexico does not take steps to stop the caravans. I think we just saw an "Awe Shit" moment in the press when they realized he is no longer playing the democrats game. PERIOD!

And we got our answer for the military preparedness level increase.

Shut that f-ing border down. And line it with military. And keep it shut until the Soros caravan challenge stops. And then close down Soros.
2 can play his game. There isn't one thing south of the border that we need to survive. When Mexico realizes that these people will be staying in Mexico instead of our country, they'll start handling their own southern border differently. Let's let this shit backfire on them both.

Forum List

Back