Another Party

Improvements in race relations is often a generational thing. Went I was young it was quite a spectacle to see an interracial couple (black and white) in the south. Many otherwise good people thought such a relationship was just wrong. Most young people simply don't care about race anymore.
That being said, I beleive groups that spotlight race simply perpetuate the problem. Focusing on race stirs up racial tensions and promotes racism. It would be nice to have a color blind society when it comes to race, but the activists that are supposedly working for the cause of civil rights are not going to let that happen. It's counterproductive.
I know young people who care very much about race relations. So much so that they are the ones leading the charge to fight racism. I know kids who left the integrated community of Mt. Airy and were shocked when they got to college, writing home to their parents, "Hey, the rest of the world is not like where I was raised up."

I think it is an easy thing to say that we should have a color blind society. But as a white person, I have never experienced the things that many black people do.

I have never felt the pangs from the stares, or the negative body language. I have never felt the rejection from the crossing to the other side of the street.

Every time a white person inches away, screws up their face, follows customers around the store, pulls someone over because he looks suspicious, assumes a child can't learn, passes over someone for a promotion, pays someone less money for the same job, clutches a purse or quickly locks a car door, it is a reminder that for too many white people, color still matters. And I don't think we can get past it until we face it.

And I think there is a big difference between placing blame and telling the truth. People who embrace the truth, will ultimately find themselves set free.
Many young people, by not caring about race are promoting good race relations. Those people that are dwelling on race and seeing racism everywhere, even when it's not really there are perpetuating racism. There is a big difference in not caring about race and not caring about race relations. The best way to care about race relations is to not care about race.

Improvements in race relations is often a generational thing. Went I was young it was quite a spectacle to see an interracial couple (black and white) in the south. Many otherwise good people thought such a relationship was just wrong. Most young people simply don't care about race anymore.
That being said, I beleive groups that spotlight race simply perpetuate the problem. Focusing on race stirs up racial tensions and promotes racism. It would be nice to have a color blind society when it comes to race, but the activists that are supposedly working for the cause of civil rights are not going to let that happen. It's counterproductive.
I know young people who care very much about race relations. So much so that they are the ones leading the charge to fight racism..

Just proof of the dumbing down of America, the longer Blacks have extra rights, and still fail, the more obvious it becomes they aren't equal.
Yet,
we see the exact opposite in society, where more, and more think Blacks are equal.

I think Western Europeans lack the ability for abstract thought, on the whole.

Another kids party this afternoon. Tons of little ones running around like mad (like they do). Again, every 'racial' category you could think of represented. Again, none of the nonsense whined about here every minute of every day. I'd say at least 1/3 of the kids were of more than one 'race,' for whatever that means.

It means you support White GeNOcide.

Another kids party this afternoon. Tons of little ones running around like mad (like they do). Again, every 'racial' category you could think of represented. Again, none of the nonsense whined about here every minute of every day. I'd say at least 1/3 of the kids were of more than one 'race,' for whatever that means.

It means you support White GeNOcide.

Put away your absurd victim card, mental case.

Forum List

Back