Anti-homeschooling bill defeated in California

There are peolpe at school who indoctrinate to the left and the right. I went to grade school and high school in a republican area. Most of my teachers were republican. The left sway came mainly from the other children. Kids tend to be more liberal than adults and as time passes they become more consevative. I would imagine that in high Democrat areas that could have been different. The only time I lived in a highly Democrat area, I think I was experiencing a statistical anomaly becasue in this particular case my teachers were still more right leaning! I doubt that would be the norm! Most areas are likely more reflective of their total population. I would imagine the principle was right leaning and it effected his hiring practices.

So you're making the case for homeschooling
No, I say get the fuck out of bed and go to school. Unless you are significantley advanced of your school and have some one that can further advance you past the schools capability. Other wise like my parents I expect a perfect attendance certificate at the end of the year! I delivered on that certificate most years! So should my kids! I am also not afraid of exposing children to altering veiws. I spent some time itterating moral code to my children, I am not afraid of them hearing some thing else! The only time I have seen a kid that I figured was better off at home was because he was so far advanced of normal kids school was a waste of his time. In this case though his mother was freakishly smart and could advance him past what the school could do. They were short on money for private school but the kid would have been better off had he found a private school that could advance him at the rate his mother did!

Some parents don't want their children in public schools....and that is the parent's choice. Not yours or anyone else

Child welfare is a concern for everyone.

If you have a college degree and want to teach elementary school. it takes 12 courses to become a teacher. (5 or 6 to teach secondary)

Why is that?

Why do you think you are better than that?

Why would you risk your children's education on it?

It's the parent's choice....too bad so sad for you, eh?
It is...and it should also be the school's choice. If a school decides that a child is a detriment to other students' education, they should have the right to tell the parents to find their child's education elsewhere.

There are peolpe at school who indoctrinate to the left and the right. I went to grade school and high school in a republican area. Most of my teachers were republican. The left sway came mainly from the other children. Kids tend to be more liberal than adults and as time passes they become more consevative. I would imagine that in high Democrat areas that could have been different. The only time I lived in a highly Democrat area, I think I was experiencing a statistical anomaly becasue in this particular case my teachers were still more right leaning! I doubt that would be the norm! Most areas are likely more reflective of their total population. I would imagine the principle was right leaning and it effected his hiring practices.

No, I say get the fuck out of bed and go to school. Unless you are significantley advanced of your school and have some one that can further advance you past the schools capability. Other wise like my parents I expect a perfect attendance certificate at the end of the year! I delivered on that certificate most years! So should my kids! I am also not afraid of exposing children to altering veiws. I spent some time itterating moral code to my children, I am not afraid of them hearing some thing else! The only time I have seen a kid that I figured was better off at home was because he was so far advanced of normal kids school was a waste of his time. In this case though his mother was freakishly smart and could advance him past what the school could do. They were short on money for private school but the kid would have been better off had he found a private school that could advance him at the rate his mother did!

Some parents don't want their children in public schools....and that is the parent's choice. Not yours or anyone else

If you have a college degree and want to teach elementary school. it takes 12 courses to become a teacher. (5 or 6 to teach secondary)

Why is that?

Exactly, you are on a roll today.

Why is that?

Exactly, you are on a roll today.

It's elementary, parent's choice...of course the left thinks posting stupid memes refutes any of it. LOL

You are saying what the Union school districts are about...indoctrination

Why is that?

I use to tutor some secondary education majors. Introduction to algebra I belive was the class required. X-1=3. Took some an hour to solve! Made me wish there was a nursing student in fron to me! For some reason can not remember what math class they were there for. I guess I shoujld have spent more time tutoing and less time getting down their pants. Some of the secondary education students were bright, teach elementary was just what they wanted to do. They could have handled much harder courses. I knew a girl once that had photgraphic memory and scored near perfect on ACT, SAT . She wanted to live on a farm and cut hair and that is what she did! Some farmer hit the jack pot because if Ms. Monroe had been this girls sister she would have been the ugly sister.

Why is that?

It is...and it should also be the school's choice. If a school decides that a child is a detriment to other students' education, they should have the right to tell the parents to find their child's education elsewhere.

No that is wrong, just as bad as a hospital turning away someone.

Why is that?

Yeah he was grasping with that garbage, taxes

Why is that?

Parents have the choice at the Westboro Baptist Church. And all their kids graduated with a degree in BatShittery.

Home schooling has been used largely as a way for evangelicals, the fakest of 'christians', to be able to teach their kids the world is 6,000 years old rather than 4.5 billion and Jesus rode dinosaurs. Among a list of things that are nonsense.

The more fanatical red states have started voting to have taxpayer money paid to homeschooling parents. Home school if you want but pay for it yourself. Stop asking the public to pad your bank account.

Most home school because of concerns with school environment, dissatisfaction with the school system or curriculum being taught
Don’t want their kids going to school with negroes and homosexuals

No they don't want to be an indoctrinated douche liberal bag

Exactly

Homeschoolers want to prevent their children from learning about the real world
Can’t teach them to hate minorities, non-christians or gays when they are learning otherwise in school
Hell, they may even learn about evolution

EXACTLY what they want - And in addition to learning about Jesus, our 5,000 year old planet as well as whom to love and whom to hate - - - Weekly lessons about guns, the myth of manmade climate change and Prepper survival are mandatory. :rolleyes:

med_gallery_2_6_31654.jpg

As opposed to the standard cookie-cutter indoctrination you want them to have.

Why is that?

Translation ~ your upset you can't indoctrinate home school children in your perverted ways.
I think that kids are more likely to be indoctrinated in peverted ways in home school situation than one where there are significantly more eyes on the situation. I also think kids need to learn how to deal with a bully. They lessen as time goes on but never disappear. Peversion is more likely to occur behind closed doors than the light of day.

Why is that?

Parents have the choice at the Westboro Baptist Church. And all their kids graduated with a degree in BatShittery.

Thank God most parents have transcended BatShittery - Scary and Sad others have not.

90% of those are Trump supporters ..

batshit-crazy-gif-4.gif

Why is that?

Thank God most parents have transcended BatShittery - Scary and Sad others have not.

batshit-crazy-gif-4.gif

It's why homeschooling in on the rise...to keep children away from left loon indoctrination....and it drives the left nuts LOL

Well when I was in school it seemed peers had a much larger effect on the typical pupal than the teacher did. If ya do not think there are right leaning kids you are not paying attention. I guess I am old style conservative like John Wayne, life has a way of teaching ya by kicking you in the balls. For every wrong thing taught the natural consequences of the world are sending the appropriate message. John used to say things like "Do what you think is best, you will figure out what is right if ya live long enough!" No a man has to teach his kid what is right and wrong and let them go apply it. Ya think John Wayne would have bubble wrapped his kid and tried to hide them from every opposing veiw! I doubt it! Then their is the fact that I have met at school people way left on the spectrum and way right on the spectrum.

PS Here is a little food for thought! No matter how conservative you are some one out there is more conservative than you and to them you are a dirty little lib! On the flip side no matter how l;iberal you are there is some one more liberal than you and to them you are a corporate stooge Repug!
Homeschooling is a way of isolating your kid from society

You get to control what they learn and don’t learn, what information they have access to, what they watch on TV, who their friends are

It's patently obvious you don't have the first clue what homeschooling is all about and you're embarrassing yourself in the process
That is exactly what homeschooling is about

Isolation and total control

No, there are not rightwingers in the schools who indoctrinate. It isn't a part of our ideology. I think what you experienced was leftist teachers who were still to the right of you, because you're a leftist extremist.

Our schools are run by statists and unions, and they are ALWAYS leftist, unless they are charter or private schools. Republicans (PARTICULARLY Republicans who dare to voice their politics in the classroom) get run out fast.

Meanwhile, here's a great example of who is running our schools (and getting comfy paychecks to do it):

Mystery pooper soiling school’s track ‘on a daily basis’ was superintendent, police say

Fayette County school administrator arrested again on new sex charges

Home schooling has been used largely as a way for evangelicals, the fakest of 'christians', to be able to teach their kids the world is 6,000 years old rather than 4.5 billion and Jesus rode dinosaurs. Among a list of things that are nonsense.

The more fanatical red states have started voting to have taxpayer money paid to homeschooling parents. Home school if you want but pay for it yourself. Stop asking the public to pad your bank account.

Most home school because of concerns with school environment, dissatisfaction with the school system or curriculum being taught

Exactly

Can’t teach them to hate minorities, non-christians or gays when they are learning otherwise in school

EXACTLY what they want - And in addition to learning about Jesus, our 5,000 year old planet as well as whom to love and whom to hate - - - Weekly lessons about guns, the myth of manmade climate change and Prepper survival are mandatory. :rolleyes:

I trust the 5,000 earth bible thumpers more then the 120 year old earth AGW cult

" the hottest day Evah"

Exactly

I trust the 5,000 earth bible thumpers more then the 120 year old earth AGW cult

" the hottest day Evah"

You are entitled to believe whomever you wish -

97% of peer reviewed climate scientists or Exxon Mobile/ Halliburton scientists and TeeVee weathermen.

It would appear that you've made your choice. Enjoy!

Exactly

" the hottest day Evah"

You are entitled to believe whomever you wish -

97% of peer reviewed climate scientists or Exxon Mobile/ Halliburton scientists and TeeVee weathermen.

It would appear that you've made your choice. Enjoy!

Lol once again fool I am part of the 97% like Judith curry yet you call us deniers, why is that????

Why is that?

I have reliatives that go to that church! I live with in forty minutes of it. Famiily gatherings are interesting with them! My father is kind of a big deal Democrat it makes for some interesting conversation. It is the most likely time for me to exercise my right to bear arms. I am typicaly wearing my revolver in my holster when we get together. They love my 45's. I shoot a couple of bottles from the hip they typicaly shut up about politics and start talkin about their mistresses.

Homeschooling is a way of isolating your kid from society

You get to control what they learn and don’t learn, what information they have access to, what they watch on TV, who their friends are

It's patently obvious you don't have the first clue what homeschooling is all about and you're embarrassing yourself in the process

No, there are not rightwingers in the schools who indoctrinate. It isn't a part of our ideology. I think what you experienced was leftist teachers who were still to the right of you, because you're a leftist extremist.

Our schools are run by statists and unions, and they are ALWAYS leftist, unless they are charter or private schools. Republicans (PARTICULARLY Republicans who dare to voice their politics in the classroom) get run out fast.

Meanwhile, here's a great example of who is running our schools (and getting comfy paychecks to do it):

Mystery pooper soiling school’s track ‘on a daily basis’ was superintendent, police say

Like hell I have listened to hours of it myself!

Like hell I have listened to hours of it myself!
Mr Ott was the worst for it.

Why is that?

Huh?

Yeah the anti-homeschooling crowd are actually anti-Christian bigots. They pretend that Westboro Baptist Church (which is not really a Baptist church, btw, they were booted) is the *norm*. Westboro has like MAYBE 60 members, and as far as I know, it's not a school. So it has nothing to do with anything...but it's always the go-to of anti-Christian scumbags. I think in reality if you checked their coffers, you'd find that Isaac sends them money just to keep them around, so he can pretend they are the norm.

Why is that?

Why is that wrong? Don't private schools get to pick and choose? Why not public schools? Why shouldn't parents be held responsible for their own child's education? Why should other students suffer when there's a student detracting from their educational opportunity?

Forum List

Back