Are atheists materialists?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An important distinction to make between spiritualists who believe in spirits or a life force and atheists who believe that everything proceeded from the natural or material world is that spiritualists who believe in spirits or a life force must believe that the spirits or life force existed before the material world. Otherwise, they wouldn't be spiritualists they would be materialists because the spirits or life force would be a product of the material world.
Does making shit up make you feel better?
It's called logic. Maybe you could show me what you disagree with.
I disagree with gobbledygook.
So you can’t explain why you believe it is gobbledygook?
It's made up nonsense. Your usual.
Which you can’t explain how it is nonsense.

Does making shit up make you feel better?
It makes no sense. None of it. Like you made it all up. And cartoonish. But without logic. And no link to someone lucid who explains this properly.

Is that enough? :biggrin:

It makes no sense. None of it. Like you made it all up. And cartoonish. But without logic. And no link to someone lucid who explains this properly.

You still haven’t explained the error. All you are doing is saying it is wrong. You can’t show the specific flaw using logic and reason.

You still haven’t explained the error. All you are doing is saying it is wrong. You can’t show the specific flaw using logic and reason.
Gibberish is hard to refute as nothing in that statement makes any sense, and is not backed up by science. Look at it this way, try backing up anything in that statement with a credible site, otherwise, you likely made it up. So you should say: here's my theory... Then there might be something to discuss. But presenting it as fact without back-up is nonsense. Gibberish...

There are so many variaties of religious beliefs. Even within individual religions there are vast numbers of variables.

I find it amusing that people still want to claim only one sect or variant is the "real" one, and all others are wrong.

Gibberish is hard to refute as nothing in that statement makes any sense, and is not backed up by science. Look at it this way, try backing up anything in that statement with a credible site, otherwise, you likely made it up. So you should say: here's my theory... Then there might be something to discuss. But presenting it as fact without back-up is nonsense. Gibberish...
Why don’t you try to break it down fo me. :lol:

You want gibberish broken down to you?
I want the flaw in my logic explained logically.

Crepitus understood it just fine.

Do you believe in a life force?

Not a big fan of star wars.

So if someone said they were an atheist and that they believed in a life force do you think that would make sense?

I would say they watch too many movies.

Crepitus understood it.

So if someone said they were an atheist and that they believed in a life force do you think that would make sense?

There are so many variaties of religious beliefs. Even within individual religions there are vast numbers of variables.

I find it amusing that people still want to claim only one sect or variant is the "real" one, and all others are wrong.
The European Commission broke it down into four. You are in the group between atheists and theists.

upload_2018-12-16_17-12-39-png.235078

What logic?

Good for Crepitus. :sleep:

What logic?

Good for Crepitus. :sleep:
rightwinger understood it.

The European Commission broke it down into four. You are in the group between atheists and theists.

What is “DK” on the chart? “Don’t know”?

Lifeforce: the spirit or energy that animates living creatures; the soul.

Atheists who believe that there is a spirit that animates their soul just use a different word for God. They reject theology. They reject religion, but they do not reject God because they believe that all souls are animated.

Therefore, they aren't atheists. They believe in God-Lite.

DK stands for don't know.

Maybe we're just sick of chasing you around the mulberry bush. You clearly have no interest in rational discourse, and it doesn't bother you to fling around blatant fallacies. And when they are pointed out to you, you just play dodge 'em. So, sort our your own logical clusterfuck. It should keep you plenty busy.

DK stands for don't know.
It is sad that so few are honest. Most appear to support their cultural or family views.
I doubt ANYONE “knows” about any supernatural entity, or if that is impossible.

Maybe we're just sick of chasing you around the mulberry bush. You clearly have no interest in rational discourse, and it doesn't bother you to fling around blatant fallacies. And when they are pointed out to you, you just play dodge 'em. So, sort our your own logical clusterfuck. It should keep you plenty busy.
Because I think it is illogical for people who don't believe in a God to believe in a life force that is a spirit that animates their soul?

Give me a break.

RE: Are atheists materialists?
⁜→ denmark, et al,

How could anyone actually know anything about a 'Supernatural Entity?"

It is sad that so few are honest. Most appear to support their cultural or family views.
I doubt ANYONE “knows” about any supernatural entity.
(COMMENT)

To know something about a manifestation, you have to be able to define it relative to a given reality. How do you do that?

That is like saying you know something about the Supreme Being? First, you have to tell me what a Supreme Being is, and how I would be able to distinguish it from a parlor trick.

Most Respectfully,
R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back