Are we better off than we were a year ago ??

My 401k and IRA are worth more now than they were at the beginning of the year and that includes the RMD.

So yes, I am better off now than I was a year.

Gotcha. Buy an hour out of the city. The townhouses are unaffordable either. Daycare is unaffordable and closes before they can get back because they have to drive AN HOUR to get them.

You guys don’t realize how good you had it and act like nothing has changed since the 50s. You’re so out of touch.
No, the townhouses are not unaffordable an hour out. And if they are, you rent an apartment for a few years until the kids are school age and the spouse can go back to work. You are not ENTITLED to buy a house that you cannot afford, and make up the difference with other people’s money.

No, the townhouses are not unaffordable an hour out. And if they are, you rent an apartment for a few years until the kids are school age and the spouse can go back to work. You are not ENTITLED to buy a house that you cannot afford, and make up the difference with other people’s money.
Right! Because apartments in the city are so cheap. Oh wait, they’re not.

Fact is, houses used to be FAR more affordable. Child care used to be far more affordable. College used to be far more affordable. Y’all need to catch up.

But hey, didn’t hear the right complaining about the child tax credits when they started under Clinton and expanded under Bush and Trump (and Obama).

Fact is, houses used to be FAR more affordable. Child care used to be far more affordable. College used to be far more affordable. Y’all need to catch up.

But hey, didn’t hear the right complaining about the child tax credits when they started under Clinton and expanded under Bush and Trump (and Obama).

I didn’t say apartments in the city are cheap. You have a job in DC? Then rent an apartment in Gaithersburg.

And I know things used to be more affordable. That still doesn’t mean that OTHER PEOPLE need to pay toward your mortgage. You simply have to delay a purchase until both kids are school age and you go back to being a dual-income couple.

As far as tax credits, they were tax credits. Now they are just pure welfare. The half of the country that doesn’t even pay ANY tax still gets $300 per kid per month. Major welfare expansion.

I didn’t say apartments in the city are cheap. You have a job in DC? Then rent an apartment in Gaithersburg.

And I know things used to be more affordable. That still doesn’t mean that OTHER PEOPLE need to pay toward your mortgage. You simply have to delay a purchase until both kids are school age and you go back to being a dual-income couple.

As far as tax credits, they were tax credits. Now they are just pure welfare. The half of the country that doesn’t even pay ANY tax still gets $300 per kid per month. Major welfare expansion.
Most of the people that don’t pay taxes are either elderly (with no kids) or working poor.

If you think people are living off of $300 per month, you’re crazy.

You have a job in DC? Then rent an apartment in Gaithersburg.
I do love how you casually disregard issues with inflation.

Can we do that now?

Oh, so gas is expensive? Too bad. Don’t drive so much.

By a long shot. As in not even close.

Now this is based upon facts and numbers.

Of course if you are a Trump humper, you live in an alternate universe, so won't any of that matter.

My 401k and IRA are worth more now than they were at the beginning of the year and that includes the RMD.

So yes, I am better off now than I was a year.
LefTards:
”Trump destroyed me emotionally and basically had me in a virtual straight jacket…My personal feelings aren’t hurt anymore so yeah, we’re better off now…just don’t look at any metric that actually matters to the state of the union.”

LefTards:
”Trump destroyed me emotionally and basically had me in a virtual straight jacket…My personal feelings aren’t hurt anymore so yeah, we’re better off now…just don’t look at any metric that actually matters to the state of the union.”

1639326503142.png

Most of the people that don’t pay taxes are either elderly (with no kids) or working poor.

If you think people are living off of $300 per month, you’re crazy.
Oye. This same shit? Nobody Is living off the $900 or $1200 a month they are getting from OPM. But it’s enough to keep Mama from working a part-time job to help support her family.

As far as the elderly, there are plenty of elderly with incomes of $30,000 - $40,000 paying federal taxes, a portion of which is diverted to the six-figure families in the form of government support checks. Why should elderly, barely scraping by, have to help support the families of people earning triple their income?

I do love how you casually disregard issues with inflation.

Can we do that now?

Oh, so gas is expensive? Too bad. Don’t drive so much.
Gas is expensive because of Biden’s policies. The Republican answer is to go back to Trump's policies, and the lefts’ answer is to redistribute money from some people to others so they can afford it.

If Biden keeps inflating costs - on both sides of the supply/demand equation, as he’s doing now - things will cost SO much that the only way the middle class can survive is to get government stipends - and they will vote for the handouts. That’s actually the Dems’ plan. Evil.

Oye. This same shit? Nobody Is living off the $900 or $1200 a month they are getting from OPM. But it’s enough to keep Mama from working a part-time job to help support her family.

As far as the elderly, there are plenty of elderly with incomes of $30,000 - $40,000 paying federal taxes, a portion of which is diverted to the six-figure families in the form of government support checks. Why should elderly, barely scraping by, have to help support the families of people earning triple their income?
$1200 a month means 4 kids. Do you have any idea how much childcare for 4 kids would cost in order for them to work part time?

Gas is expensive because of Biden’s policies. The Republican answer is to go back to Trump's policies, and the lefts’ answer is to redistribute money from some people to others so they can afford it.

If Biden keeps inflating costs - on both sides of the supply/demand equation, as he’s doing now - things will cost SO much that the only way the middle class can survive is to get government stipends - and they will vote for the handouts. That’s actually the Dems’ plan. Evil.
It’s not. Gas is expensive because global demand skyrocketed this year after a year of dramatically decreased demand.

But remember. If you don’t like what things cost, too bad. Just spend less money. That’s what your message is.

Why did they have kids they couldn’t afford? Liberals are encouraging people to have children they can’t afford!
Good point. Guess they should just get rid of the kids then.

You’re not really about answers, just blame.

Good point. Guess they should just get rid of the kids then.

You’re not really about answers, just blame.
No, I’m about personal responsibility. You’re about never holding people responsible for their decisions, and taking money from some people to give to others who made irresponsible decisions.

The debt gets paid down by cutting spending
:auiqs.jpg: Great! I'm all for it! When will that happen, genius? I've been shouting from the rooftops for decades for any President to cut spending anywhere! And... ...It never happens. Even a dumbfuck like you that pretends to be a conservative must know this. But, you continue to spin this naive talking point as if you said something new or profound.

Give that shit a rest.

Forum List

Back