🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Are you going to refuse any increase in any tax refund you get or are you going to be a hypocrite?

I will back up my mouth by refusing any increased refund in my taxes.

• I'm a liberal with integrity and I will send it back so my actions match my rhetoric.

• I'm a liberal....so umm..... SHOW ME DA MONEY!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dictionary

a/the lesser evil (or the lesser of two evils)
phrase of lesser

1. 1.
    the less harmful or unpleasant of two bad choices or possibilities.
    "authoritarianism may seem a lesser evil than abject poverty"
So then that they get "lesser" pay is better than "morer" pay to your fellow illiterate, since he misspelled it.

Little
Less
the Least

I don't suffer fools gladly.
so many here, How can a brilliant guy like you stand it?
Probably because I couldn't care lesser.
Jan 6 is 3 kings day My birthday the day you joined the only thing we have in common
January 6th is the Epiphany, considered holy in the Orthodox Church. I was born 6 days before you but 20 years later.

Thank God senility does not run in my family.
Not if you were born on new years day when all the crazies party

So then that they get "lesser" pay is better than "morer" pay to your fellow illiterate, since he misspelled it.

Little
Less
the Least

I don't suffer fools gladly.
Jan 6 is 3 kings day My birthday the day you joined the only thing we have in common
January 6th is the Epiphany, considered holy in the Orthodox Church. I was born 6 days before you but 20 years later.

Bingo!

Name one liberal that has ever paid more in taxes then he or she is owed?
Since JFK, name one liberal politician that reduced taxes.
Name one liberal that did not subscribe to increasing government spending and taxation.
Name one liberal that reduced the national debt and annual deficits without increasing taxes.

Then I will listen to this crap.

Since Calvin Coolidge name one conservative did not subscribe to increasing government spending and with less taxation.

Since Calvin Coolidge name one conservative reduced the national debt.

Since Calvin Coolidge name one conservative that reduced the size of government.

Another one that refuse to read a history book.

Tell us how long the Democrats held Congress during a republican president?

Read a damn history book

The AVERAGE tax paid by large corporations in the US today, with all the fucking loopholes, is 16%.

Do you idiots REALLY think that a 21% rate will cause them to start paying employees more?

Fucking fools.

The only fucking fool here is you. Those are very real numbers.

Wells Fargo, Comcast and others promise to pass on tax cut savings to workers

AT&T

The telecom firm said it will give 200,000 employees a $1,000 bonus.

In a statement, AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson hailed "Congress, working with the President" for taking a "monumental step" that will "create good-paying jobs."

(AT&T (T) is seeking to acquire Time Warner, CNN's parent company. The Department of Justice sued to block the deal in November.)

Boeing

The aerospace giant said it will spend $300 million on workers. The funds will be split evenly among worker training, upgrading facilities and a program that matches employees' charitable contributions.

Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg "praised" the tax bill as "a critical driver of business, economic growth and innovation for the United States and for Boeing," according to a press release.

Related: Why now is not the time for expensive tax cuts

Comcast

The telecom firm, which owns NBCUniversal, said it will give out "special" $1,000 holiday bonuses to more than 100,000 "frontline and non-executive" employees.

Comcast also expects to "spend well in excess of $50 billion over the next five years investing in infrastructure to radically improve and extend our broadband plant and capacity, and our television, film and theme park offerings," according to a press release issued Wednesday night. "With these investments, we expect to add thousands of new direct and indirect jobs."

Two company spokesmen confirmed the announcement was tied to tax reform.

Fifth Third Bancorp

The financial services company says it will raise its company-wide hourly minimum wage to $15, signaling a pay raise for about 75% of its employees.

The bank also pledged to give out $1,000 bonuses to about 13,500 of its workers.

CEO Greg Carmichael attributed the move to the tax legislation. "The tax cut allowed the bank the opportunity to reevaluate its compensation structure and share some of those benefits with its talented and dedicated workforce," the company said in a statement.

Wells Fargo

The mega bank said it will hike its minimum hourly pay rate to $15. That will mark a $1.50 increase over the company's current minimum of $13.50 per hour.

Wells Fargo said the new minimum will become effective in March 2018.

The bank also said it will increase its charitable giving by about 40% to $400 million.

What they are against is how little of the $1.5 trillion dollar tax cut goes to the working class

vs the corporations and those that are the 1% wealthiest already.....who are receiving 83% of that $1.5 trillion tax cut....

The American worker in tax cuts is getting 17% of it....

And how much in taxes do the wealthiest pay?

Oh that's right, the top 1% pay 46% of all taxes.

What does 1-percent pay in taxes?

So why wouldn't logic say that the wealthiest are going to feel this tax cut the most? THEY PAY THE MOST IN TAXES!!! How you gonna get back taxes you didn't even pay?
Who cares how much they are paying now of the income taxes collected?

the middle class should be paying NONE of it....

When income taxes were first introduced, the standard deduction in today's dollars was around $65k....NO ONE paid income taxes that were middle class when it was first instituted.

also, might I remind you, that under the Bush tax cuts the wealthiest got the most of all the tax cuts,

And these tax cuts were given because there was a projected $5.6 trillion dollar SURPLUS projected....

and that surplus was all coming from our social Security surplus...

but instead of giving all of the working man's SS surplus to the working man, they gave 3/4's of it to the top 1% who do not even pay social security taxes on all that they make....

they FLEECED us, the working man....and now they are refusing to pay back what they borrowed from SS to give the wealthiest our SS monies in an income tax break....

and NOW, you all are agreeing to let them fleece us again, all because you will get some money in tax break crumbs, for yourself....

When you do these kind of things, you are making the gap between the wealthiest, and the rest, even GREATER.....

We really can not afford to do this....it hurts our nation if only the 1% owns near all wealth in the Nation.... it makes future life for our children and children's children, bleak, at best....

Last edited:
The AVERAGE tax paid by large corporations in the US today, with all the fucking loopholes, is 16%.

Do you idiots REALLY think that a 21% rate will cause them to start paying employees more?

Fucking fools.

The only fucking fool here is you. Those are very real numbers.

Wells Fargo, Comcast and others promise to pass on tax cut savings to workers

AT&T

The telecom firm said it will give 200,000 employees a $1,000 bonus.

In a statement, AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson hailed "Congress, working with the President" for taking a "monumental step" that will "create good-paying jobs."

(AT&T (T) is seeking to acquire Time Warner, CNN's parent company. The Department of Justice sued to block the deal in November.)

Boeing

The aerospace giant said it will spend $300 million on workers. The funds will be split evenly among worker training, upgrading facilities and a program that matches employees' charitable contributions.

Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg "praised" the tax bill as "a critical driver of business, economic growth and innovation for the United States and for Boeing," according to a press release.

Related: Why now is not the time for expensive tax cuts

Comcast

The telecom firm, which owns NBCUniversal, said it will give out "special" $1,000 holiday bonuses to more than 100,000 "frontline and non-executive" employees.

Comcast also expects to "spend well in excess of $50 billion over the next five years investing in infrastructure to radically improve and extend our broadband plant and capacity, and our television, film and theme park offerings," according to a press release issued Wednesday night. "With these investments, we expect to add thousands of new direct and indirect jobs."

Two company spokesmen confirmed the announcement was tied to tax reform.

Fifth Third Bancorp

The financial services company says it will raise its company-wide hourly minimum wage to $15, signaling a pay raise for about 75% of its employees.

The bank also pledged to give out $1,000 bonuses to about 13,500 of its workers.

CEO Greg Carmichael attributed the move to the tax legislation. "The tax cut allowed the bank the opportunity to reevaluate its compensation structure and share some of those benefits with its talented and dedicated workforce," the company said in a statement.

Wells Fargo

The mega bank said it will hike its minimum hourly pay rate to $15. That will mark a $1.50 increase over the company's current minimum of $13.50 per hour.

Wells Fargo said the new minimum will become effective in March 2018.

The bank also said it will increase its charitable giving by about 40% to $400 million.

Exactly..they think it can't be happing

No way...

Evil company's care?

What they are against is how little of the $1.5 trillion dollar tax cut goes to the working class

vs the corporations and those that are the 1% wealthiest already.....who are receiving 83% of that $1.5 trillion tax cut....

So why wouldn't logic say that the wealthiest are going to feel this tax cut the most? THEY PAY THE MOST IN TAXES!!! How you gonna get back taxes you didn't even pay?

When income taxes were first introduced, the standard deduction in today's dollars was around $65k....NO ONE paid income taxes that were middle class when it was first instituted.

also, might I remind you, that under the Bush tax cuts the wealthiest got the most of all the tax cuts,

And these tax cuts were given because there was a projected $5.6 trillion dollar SURPLUS projected....

but instead of giving all of the working man's SS surplus to the working man, they gave 3/4's of it to the top 1% who do not even pay social security taxes....

they FLEECED us, the working man....and now they are refusing to pay back what they borrowed from SS to give the wealthiest our SS monies in an income tax break....

and NOW, you all are agreeing to let them fleece us again, all because you will get some money in tax break crumbs, for yourself....

When you do these kind of things, you are making the gap between the wealthiest, and the rest, even GREATER.....

We really can not afford to do this....it hurts our nation if only the 1% owns near all wealth in the Nation.... it makes life for our children and children's children, bleak, at best....

For the millionth time what's your solution?

Rob from the rich to give people that don't contribute and give to the poor so they can do this?

tumblr_ny7ahjf6lf1uugz92o1_500.gif

You gonna put your money where your mouth is LITERALLY?
Or are you going to be a two faced tard and keep the money?
It is our money at the end...insteaf of putting in the pocket of red states :)

Show us your tax records

Do you personally?

Or do you itemize and don't pay your fair share to the feds?
Our beloved president didnt show his taxes and you care about mine?

Why the deflection?

Your the one clamming you personally take care of the red States..

So prove it by realising your tax returns please and thank you

I will be paying more.

Hi Grampa Murked U
What about Constitutionalists who believe all taxation should be
voluntary and respect the consent of the governed workers being taxed?

What if I contest the change that puts limits on deducting
mortgage related taxes or deducting state taxes.

isn't it a conservative value to entrust states to manage their
own programs and NOT rely on paying federal govt to do that?

Should we be REWARDING citizens and states for investing
MORE of their taxes into state run programs managed democratically
rather than paying and relying more and more on federal govt to run things?

Isn't that backwards and hypocritical
to demand states rights and localized health care
but then take away tax deductions from states
and force more people to pay that to federal govt instead???

Blue states like California, New York, New Jersey, et. al., are taxing and spending themselves into oblivion. Residents of those states will now have to pay the price for the decisions of their respective nanny states, or they can move to fiscally responsible states. This levels the playing field for every state to compete for residents.

I live in California and I will be paying more. Significantly more- at least 5 figures more! I'll have to see how much I am paying for the privilege of living in great weather and decide if it is worth it......

Dear Zander
Wouldn't it be more fair to give MORE time for people
to move, to change their financial structures,
or for states to change their taxing structures and programs
BEFORE punishing taxpayers for living in such states?

What if someone doesn't APPROVE of their state policies?
But can't get enough support to correct problems with state budgets?
Are you going to punish people because of the states they live in?

Sorry Emily, but nothing is "fair". That is the way of the world.

I was perfectly satisfied with my health insurance before Obamacare. Then with one stroke of the pen, I was punished to the tune of thousands a year. I couldn't buy the policy I had before. I also faced a tax penalty if I failed to buy an overpriced product that I didn't want or need. So yeah, legislation does affect people.

Bottom line: whenever government picks winners and losers and meddles in markets, people are punished.

Show us your tax records

Do you personally?

Why the deflection?

I always pay and as we all know the red states take in more than they give.

Bingo!
And my wife born on Xmas day

I guess all this liberal whining begs the question, if you don't like Trumps tax cuts for the middle class, where are the liberal tax cuts for the middle class that Obama and his cronies had 8 years to spit out?

That's right, all he worried about was shoving gov't run healthcare down our throats. After that he was done.

So since you had 8 years to pass tax reform and you didn't, don't bitch because Trump did.

Show us your tax records

Do you personally?

Why the deflection?

I always pay and as we all know the red states take in more than they give.
and blue pay out more than they take in Ever hear a repub call that unfair lol

im not gonna refuse it, nor will you. We both get a big break on pass thru profits. But the deficit gets increased by a trillion and our customers, well at least yours, mine are mostly other businesses, will get screwed.

The Clinton's were fond of saying "it's the economy, stupid" but what happens when the Dow goes up about 2,000 points in a year? Democrats still manage to whine about the unfairness of it all.

but instead of giving all of the working man's SS surplus to the working man, they gave 3/4's of it to the top 1% who do not even pay social security taxes on all that they make....

We really can not afford to do this....it hurts our nation if only the 1% owns near all wealth in the Nation.... it makes future life for our children and children's children, bleak, at best....

Come on care 4 all I want to know your solution...

The less money the rich have don't go in banks, don't buy products the middle class makes ....

So what's your solution?

I guess all this liberal whining begs the question, if you don't like Trumps tax cuts for the middle class, where are the liberal tax cuts for the middle class that Obama and his cronies had 8 years to spit out?

That's right, all he worried about was shoving gov't run healthcare down our throats. After that he was done.

So since you had 8 years to pass tax reform and you didn't, don't bitch because Trump did.
Oh go back on strike again and rip off your company

Yeah peanuts for you Yachts for them Trump can KMA

The Clinton's were fond of saying "it's the economy, stupid" but what happens when the Dow goes up about 2,000 points in a year? Democrats still manage to whine about the unfairness of it all.
2000 Great but it was going up before him Too bad he didn't take over from what pub moron gwb left over

Forum List

Back