Athiest Playbook

So
There aren't a lot of people I know who are passionate about athiesm. My friends who believe in God and don't like me questioning it start oh boying me if it even vaguely comes up.

And usually athiests don't talk about it why? Because there's nothing to talk about.

And like I say, when religion is more like you and less like Isis and pat Robertson then I'll go back underground. And what's with the Mormons huh? You do realize Joseph Smith and I had the same apephamy only I didn't start my own religion. But he says he prayed and God told him your religion lost its authority during the dark ages of corrupt popes. Every religion has a good hook.

I truly believe " they" use religion to control us. It's one of the ways at least.

Joseph Smith was a con artist. He wanted people to follow him--and they did. However, his con was that they were really following Jesus. And that is the strength of the Mormon Church today. They are following Jesus. Yes, they have a few odd things left over from the influence of Joseph Smith, but the final laugh is on Joseph Smith. His people are not following him. They are following Jesus.

When I was fourteen, and before I knew anything about the LDS Church, I came across this Book of Mormon. It seemed to be about God, and I like to read about God, so I started in. About a third of the way in, I put it aside, thinking a bit disgustedly, "This just sounds like a book made up by a fourteen year old boy."

Much later, I learned that the Book of Mormon had, essentially, been written by a fourteen year old boy! (This is not the way members of the LDS Church would phrase it.)

I don't think religion is used as to control. Rather it is a sure way to make sure the wild cards in the deck get a lot of free rein.
So you realize a religion can be made up and millions will follow it faithfully.

Yes they are following Christ. It's a spin off just like Christianity. The Jewish bible foretold about a Messiah and low and behold. Of course the jewish establishment who made that up called bs when the Messiah came.

Its funny how old school Christian can point and laugh at Mormons were swallowing that story but they don't see why us 80's point and laugh at them. As if their story isn't just as silly

Its funny how old school Christian can point and laugh at Mormons were swallowing that story but they don't see why us 80's point and laugh at them. As if their story isn't just as silly

They are like three little monkeys

They are like three little monkeys
We know the humans long before the Jews Greeks and Egyptians invented gods. We didn't like looking at grandma's remains after a tiger ate her. We wondered what happened to her spirit that was in the body. Imagine you don't know science. You look around and it seems like all this was put here for you. You must be special. Your brain is big enough to come up with language eventually you tell stories about where grandma is and how one day we will see her again.

I always liked the era of humans that worshipped the sun. That makes sense. Pray its there in the morning. Nighttime is scary.

The sun is something real deserving worship. It reveals itself and we all come from star stuff.

So you realize a religion can be made up and millions will follow it faithfully.

Yes they are following Christ. It's a spin off just like Christianity. The Jewish bible foretold about a Messiah and low and behold. Of course the jewish establishment who made that up called bs when the Messiah came.

You may have missed my point. I am saying that when God is in the mix, the con man comes off second best. He loses his followers to Jesus and the truth.

As for the Jews: They once had a great king--King David where prosperity was sown. They lost that, and the prophets said, "Take heart, days like those will come again."

Instead, Jesus came. It is a pretty awesome thing: God is our king! Except the Jews pointed out, "The prophecies point to a human being, not to God!" Some said, We will settle for God. Others said, Not us. We're waiting for our human being! (Well, perhaps a little hyperbole there, but you know...more or less.)

If ever a theist stumps you, come here and post what they said. There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.

Today I was having breakfast and listening to some stupid hillbillies talking about abortion and what the bible says. Then it hits me just how far gone theists are. Where would I even begin with this woman? Doesn't she realize men wrote that book? Why do I care what guys 1500 years ago wrote about a guy 2000 years ago? Imagine if people 1500 years ago could come know what we know now. Do you think people today would swallow such stories? Actually 200 years ago a large segment of us swallowed the Joseph Smith story and Arabs swallow the Mohammad experience.

You're all swallowing a 2000 or 7000 year old story if you count the founders of our lie the Jews. Moses is a myth. Let's stop this nonsense. It's holding us back.

I don't believe what they said happened happened 2000 years ago. So stop telling me what your story book says. We don't buy it! So what other reasons do you think "we are the only animals on this planet that God made in his image"

That is what the woman in the restaurant said. What possibly would make her believe this? A 2000 year old story? Imagine how much smarter we are today than we were 2000 years ago. I really hope we aren't as dumb as we are now 2000 years from now

The one constant among atheists is their inability to understand faith, or more exactly faith that doesn't line up with their own worldview.
I'm OK with you having your faith. Just realize this nation is not a nation of people who share your faith, whatever it may be.

And it's not enough to just say you're a Christian because I hear Christians on this board say most Christians are not true Christians. But all of you think your religion is the one true religion. Simply a joke
220 million people who believe in a God and this is a nation that does not share our faith?

I think you should work on your knowledge base and stop thinking that you can defeat any and all arguments against religion.

You may have missed my point. I am saying that when God is in the mix, the con man comes off second best. He loses his followers to Jesus and the truth.

As for the Jews: They once had a great king--King David where prosperity was sown. They lost that, and the prophets said, "Take heart, days like those will come again."

Instead, Jesus came. It is a pretty awesome thing: God is our king! Except the Jews pointed out, "The prophecies point to a human being, not to God!" Some said, We will settle for God. Others said, Not us. We're waiting for our human being! (Well, perhaps a little hyperbole there, but you know...more or less.)
No such thing as a great king. I'm sure there were some nice slave owners but you know what I mean.

The con man convinced you God exists in the first place.

I love arguing with people who try to prove a generic creator must have created all this and we must be special but when Jews Mormons and Christians use their holy books I have to remind you you haven't even established your God is real. Don't you have to convince me of that before you tell me what he said? You're way assumes he exists. We start talking about what he said and why he sent Jesus 2000 years ago and were the unlucky ones in the dice role of time.

One day when I meet God I'll ask two questions. Which God are you? Are you the Jewish are you the Christian are you a Mormon are you that your Hova are you the Muslim are you zoo are you juju the African God? Which God was real? My second question would be why did you go to such great lengths to hide from us.

If ever a theist stumps you, come here and post what they said. There isn't one argument for God that doesn't come without some fatal flaw.

Today I was having breakfast and listening to some stupid hillbillies talking about abortion and what the bible says. Then it hits me just how far gone theists are. Where would I even begin with this woman? Doesn't she realize men wrote that book? Why do I care what guys 1500 years ago wrote about a guy 2000 years ago? Imagine if people 1500 years ago could come know what we know now. Do you think people today would swallow such stories? Actually 200 years ago a large segment of us swallowed the Joseph Smith story and Arabs swallow the Mohammad experience.

You're all swallowing a 2000 or 7000 year old story if you count the founders of our lie the Jews. Moses is a myth. Let's stop this nonsense. It's holding us back.

I don't believe what they said happened happened 2000 years ago. So stop telling me what your story book says. We don't buy it! So what other reasons do you think "we are the only animals on this planet that God made in his image"

That is what the woman in the restaurant said. What possibly would make her believe this? A 2000 year old story? Imagine how much smarter we are today than we were 2000 years ago. I really hope we aren't as dumb as we are now 2000 years from now

The one constant among atheists is their inability to understand faith, or more exactly faith that doesn't line up with their own worldview.
I'm OK with you having your faith. Just realize this nation is not a nation of people who share your faith, whatever it may be.

And it's not enough to just say you're a Christian because I hear Christians on this board say most Christians are not true Christians. But all of you think your religion is the one true religion. Simply a joke
220 million people who believe in a God and this is a nation that does not share our faith?

I think you should work on your knowledge base and stop thinking that you can defeat any and all arguments against religion.
Is abortion murder in America? Gay marriage? It would be if we were a Christian nation.

You should worry about how stupid religion can make people. I heard Islam's popular in china.

The truth will set us all free.

One day when I meet God I'll ask two questions. Which God are you? Are you the Jewish are you the Christian are you a Mormon are you that your Hova are you the Muslim are you zoo are you juju the African God? Which God was real? My second question would be why did you go to such great lengths to hide from us.

God, in answer to your first bunch of questions: I am who I am.
Next: The ones closest to the truth are the ones that testify to My love.
Second Question: Whoever it was that discovered water, it wasn't a fish. In Me you lived and moved and had your being.

Another thought: If you saw God at your side, would your choices be your own or His?

And where was the child buried instead if not on a graveyard?

I know this might be a shock to you, but not all graveyards are catholic cemeteries.

And, BTW, the same thing happened to a girl I used to date in high school. She killed herself, and had to be buried in a public cemetery, instead of the church cemetery.

It seems to me you do not really know what had happened with her child. Why did she leave you?

Zaan, you are REALLY out of line, here. I suggest that you quit while you are breaking even.

The religious people (or a lot of them) get angry if you question their beliefs. I mean, back in the middle ages, that was a death penalty. :D
You don't have to go back to the middle ages. Just go to the middle east.

American atheist blogger hacked to death in Bangladesh World news The Guardian

A prominent American blogger of Bangladeshi origin has been hacked to death with machetes by unidentified assailants in Dhaka, after he allegedly received threats from Islamists.

The body of Avijit Roy, founder of the Mukto-Mona (Free-mind) blog site – which champions liberal secular writing in the Muslim-majority nation – was found covered in blood after an attack that also left his wife critically wounded.

And is the government going to do anything about it? NOPE.

Roy, who was 42, is the second Bangladeshi blogger to have been murdered in two years and the fourth writer to have been attacked since 2004.

Hardline Islamist groups have long demanded the public killing of atheist bloggers and sought new laws to deal with writing critical of Islam.

Lucky crazy Christians aren't as crazy as Muslims, huh?

Are you from Bangladesh? Am I from Bangladesh? Do I have only a little idea about what's going on in this country? No! What's the language they are using in this country? Wrote he in english? What said he? Who murdered him? Where is any informatioin where someone is able to find out what was going on concrete when this happened - if it happened?

I remember for examle an American who studied here with his wife. He carried his baby on his shoulders when he made the mistake to cross a street in an illegal way. An old car driver was not reacting fast enough. The father tried to protect his baby as good as possible. He died - but the baby survived after month in a hospital. Some years before this happened I remember a judge here forced a women to meet the father of her baby. The father knived the mother in front of the eyes of the child.

Who is hurted less? The mother of the murdered daughter or the mother of the son who was killed in an accident? Or the mother of the man who was murdered in Bangladesh? Did you ever ask yourselve why men are so unbelievable talented idiots in our world here?

Last edited:
... One day when I meet God I'll ask two questions. Which God are you? Are you the Jewish are you the Christian are you a Mormon are you that your Hova are you the Muslim are you zoo are you juju the African God? Which God was real? My second question would be why did you go to such great lengths to hide from us.

His first answer is "I am your god" and the second answer is "What's your problem? I am here".

Last edited:
So, you think the scientists, archaeologists and others who discovered and studied these bones, which are well described and talked about in textbooks are lies or what?

Also, what is your personal belief? Do tell.

I believe what the scientists and archaeologists say. It doesn't matter if it is true or not. I believe it and lots of others believe it. That alone makes it important. The truth is irrelevant. What is relevant is whatever source binds us together as a people. Science and archaeology binds us here in the United States and that is our culture. You have to believe what scientists say or you will be labelled an idiot and cast out of society. I'm not going to challenge them.

What personal beliefs do you want to know about? I am an atheist that believes Christianity is the most awesome religion on the planet. I believe that Mormonism is the second most awesome religion on the planet. I believe that what I personally experience is the only thing that is verifiable. The other things that I believe are based upon my biased confidence in the person(s) making the claim and their persuasive description of their beliefs. I can't prove any of the things that scientist say are true. You can call me a skeptic. I'm skeptical but not cynical. Just because something is a lie doesn't mean that it lacks philosophical merit. Perhaps I am a Kantian by virtue.

Science has produced much evidence. I really don't know what you are skeptical about when it comes to fossils and other solid evidence. You can actually go to museums and see some of these fossils for yourself too.
when they dig them out of the ground do they have etchings in the bone that say tyrannosaurus 2.4 so they can fit them in the evolutionary table correctly?.......

So, you don't believe in the dating methods that the scientists use? What are you arguing about? You think the earth is only as old as Christianity? Perhaps you should clarify the argument you are making against fossils here.
I do not accept the claim of transition.....a fossil shows irrefutable evidence that a creature used to exist and died......a fossil does not show that creature A evolved from creature B.....the transition is derived from someone's imagination.....

But the cross was not originally a Christian symbol. It was a pagan symbol, which was borrowed and changed to fit Christianity.
lol......where did you hear that one?.....

Research. The cross as well as other symbols and holidays are a mishmash of a bunch of different beliefs. You didn't know that? For example, the symbol of the Christmas tree was borrowed from pagans.
I hate to be the one who breaks the news to you, but a Christmas tree is not a symbol of Christianity.....it still IS a symbol of pagan religions......and the cross is where Jesus died.....not a mishmash of anything......

Why do you believe the dating method of Christians (??? what is it?) is accurate?

I don't believe it is accurate but their technique can be repeated a million times and will have the same result every time.

Our calendar starts when Jesus was born. The first chapter of Matthew gives the genealogy of Christ. The Old Testament is even more elaborate and gives the age of the parent when they bare each child. You can trace it back to Adam. Then you go back six days to the year that the earth was created.

I'm not sure how those scientist come up with their dates. I just have to take their word for it because it is in a science book. Shoot. If I don't believe them then people will say that I am an idiot.
that isn't a "Christian" dating system.....that was a system from some guy name Usscher back in the 1500s......

But the cross was not originally a Christian symbol. It was a pagan symbol, which was borrowed and changed to fit Christianity.
lol......where did you hear that one?.....

Research. The cross as well as other symbols and holidays are a mishmash of a bunch of different beliefs. You didn't know that? For example, the symbol of the Christmas tree was borrowed from pagans.
I hate to be the one who breaks the news to you, but a Christmas tree is not a symbol of Christianity.....it still IS a symbol of pagan religions......and the cross is where Jesus died.....not a mishmash of anything......

Sorry to tell you, but the cross was a borrowed symbol. The "Crucifix" is your symbol. The cross is not.

... One day when I meet God I'll ask two questions. Which God are you? Are you the Jewish are you the Christian are you a Mormon are you that your Hova are you the Muslim are you zoo are you juju the African God? Which God was real? My second question would be why did you go to such great lengths to hide from us.

His first answer is "I am your god" and the second answer is "What's your problem? I am here".

Lol. David Attenborough is an agnostic/atheist. :D

Shoulda told them the Bible's fine with abortion and to try and make the opposite case after reading the relevant passages:

"Abortion:

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention. “Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.” Clearly Hosea desires that the people of Ephraim can no longer have children. God of course obeys by making all their unborn children miscarry. Is not terminating a pregnancy unnaturally “abortion”?

Numbers 5:11-21 The description of a bizarre, brutal and abusive ritual to be performed on a wife SUSPECTED of adultery. This is considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man’s child.

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.” In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”. Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”. And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. How and the hell is it that Christians can read passages where God allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet still claim abortion is wrong?"
God s Not Pro-Life

Forget it. You are hopeless. Lol.

I know that I believe nothing. You only believe what people tell you to believe. You are hopelessly required to adopt the findings of these authorities. I can use my brain and give it fair scrutiny.

I don't have to believe something just because it is written in a book, told to me by a teacher or published on a website. You are required to accept anything they tell you.

You are hopeless. I am flexible.

You should have said you know nothing. That would be more accurate. :D

Forum List

Back