Average EV Car Prices Remain on Par with New Luxury Cars

You really need to learn what a subsidy means.

Two things:

1. Subsidies also include tax breaks. That is what economists say.
2. Tax breaks mean money back into my revenue stream, ergo it doesn't matter what YOU think about a subsidy.

Subsidy: a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive.

A subsidy is a benefit given to an individual, business, or institution, usually by the government. It can be direct (such as cash payments) or indirect (such as tax breaks). (SOURCE)

It’s perfectly logical. We want what we want and who are you to judge different?

You are required to use unleaded gasoline in your car. You are required to have seatbelts in your car. Your car is part of a "fleet" sold by the manufacturer and there are government regulations which dictate the overall mileage of those cars thus impacting the required mileage for your car.

The gas prices increasing will do the job of disincentivizing morons from buying gas hogs.

The only problem is, in the meantime we have to see people who don't know how to plan complain that gas prices increased.

You are required to use unleaded gasoline in your car. You are required to have seatbelts in your car. Your car is part of a "fleet" sold by the manufacturer and there are government regulations which dictate the overall mileage of those cars thus impacting the required mileage for your car.

The gas prices increasing will do the job of disincentivizing morons from buying gas hogs.

The only problem is, in the meantime we have to see people who don't know how to plan complain that gas prices increased.
Drill baby, drill!

Drill baby, drill!
IWKaTUr.jpg

Two things:

1. Subsidies also include tax breaks. That is what economists say.
2. Tax breaks mean money back into my revenue stream, ergo it doesn't matter what YOU think about a subsidy.

A subsidy is a benefit given to an individual, business, or institution, usually by the government. It can be direct (such as cash payments) or indirect (such as tax breaks). (SOURCE)
Based on your nonsensical definition any deduction that reduces your tax bill is a subsidy thereby making subsidy synonymous with deduction and thus redundant and unnecessary as it provides no distinction whatsoever.

Again… You might as well be arguing that men shouldn’t be sexually attracted to other men.

NOT MY DEFINITION.

Please focus, you are debating with economists. Tax breaks are called "Indirect Subsidies".

They are a type of subsidy.

Don't debate ME....debate economists.
Again… Based on your nonsensical definition any deduction that reduces your tax bill is a subsidy thereby making subsidy synonymous with deduction and thus redundant and unnecessary as it provides no distinction whatsoever.

I only paid $37K for my Chevy Bolt. Hardly a luxury cost. And I got no price breaks on it. Got a modest tax incentive the following year.

All this complaint about EV's is so bizarre. It's like no one on here knows how expensive computers used to be! You folks are a hoot. A computer that was about 1/100th of what you have in your hand right now was several thousand dollars.

AND LOOK AT WHERE WE ARE TODAY!
I’m going to drive across country soon. 30-45 minute fastest recharge time to get to 80%. I’d have to stop every 200 miles.
Now I’ve got about a dozen recharge plugs for EV’s around my 50 miles in Virginia. Midwest states even less.
How’s that gonna work?

I’m going to drive across country soon. 30-45 minute fastest recharge time to get to 80%. I’d have to stop every 200 miles.
Now I’ve got about a dozen recharge plugs for EV’s around my 50 miles in Virginia. Midwest states even less.
How’s that gonna work?

You DO realize that when ICE vehicles came on the scene you couldn't drive across country in any reasonable amount of time or have any assurance of ANY access to gasoline.

How do you think that new technology arises?

A car the equivalent in weight and performance to a Beetle with the same battery as a Tesla would go more than twice as far. That would mean the time to eat a meal after driving until one was tired would be sufficient to charge enough to drive until one had to sleep.
Electric cars may not be the ultimate answer. Internal combustion engines may not have to disappear. Realistic expectations may be the answer.

A car the equivalent in weight and performance to a Beetle with the same battery as a Tesla would go more than twice as far. That would mean the time to eat a meal after driving until one was tired would be sufficient to charge enough to drive until one had to sleep.
Electric cars may not be the ultimate answer. Internal combustion engines may not have to disappear. Realistic expectations may be the answer.
They are a joke.

Did you get a subsidy when you deducted your state taxes from your federal taxes :rofl:

Yes.

Forum List

Back