🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson: Theory Of Evolution Encouraged By The Devil

You're saying a brain surgeon is "truly stupid"? Really?
he does have the personality of paint.

Unlike YOU?
so you thinks he's got an outgoing personality?
he's a walking talking advertisement for anti anxiety medication.

Unlike YOU?
Very much unlike me .
An unwritten qualification for president is not to put your supporters to sleep

How's your presidential campaign going? How's your brain surgeon career going? How's you STFU and stop making a fool of yourself going?

In the final analysis, there is no conflict between Evolution and Creation - merely a matter of interpretation and time-lines.
I'd agree, if you're saying all creation occurred at the Big Bang, when the basic Laws of Physics were laid down, and everything from that point forward has been evolution.
We may be closer to common ground than one might think at first.

If a benevolent, omnipotent, eternal Creator-God exists, and if Judeo-Christian holy writ is correct on the macro-level, that the Creator-God did all this, then...

It seems entirely likely, that that Creator-God invented our Laws of Physics, planned the Big Bang and its resultant effects down to the sub-atomic level across vast expanses and vast eons of time, then executed the Big Bang, monitored the progress of the after-effects, tweaked conditions here-and-there over billions of years, and thereby set into motion the creation of our flyspeck solar system and range of planets, and the development of life, species and individuals upon our own particular flyspeck...

After all, for an eternal Creator-God, 11 billion years (or whatever the latest wisdom is, regarding the age of the Universe) is a morning's work before a coffee break...
wink_smile.gif

In such a way, the two seemingly-irreconcilable theories can be easily and conveniently reconciled, with both being correct, on at least the macro level.
one major problem how could a sentient life exist when nothing did?
Not a problem at all...

Multiple universes...

The Creator-God stands in one while creating the next, and on and on, in infinite regression...

Is not the Lord God eternal?

Is not the Lord God master of many mysteries that we cannot yet (or ever) fathom?

If God exists, and if He-She-It-They are eternal, then, is it not possible - even likely - that He controls all dimensions, all universes, and time itself?

You are asking for proof for the Un-Knowable, are you not?
no. but it makes a nice bed time story.
What makes for a nice bedtime story?

1. the existence of a Creator-God

2. the reconciling of Creationism and Evolution

3. both

he does have the personality of paint.

Unlike YOU?
so you thinks he's got an outgoing personality?
he's a walking talking advertisement for anti anxiety medication.

Unlike YOU?
Very much unlike me .
An unwritten qualification for president is not to put your supporters to sleep

How's your presidential campaign going? How's your brain surgeon career going? How's you STFU and stop making a fool of yourself going?
Since I'm not running the question is meaningless
In my own career I'm on par with Ben
How is pointing out his obvious lack of style making a fool of myself?
It seems I'm doing a great job of irritating you.

I'd agree, if you're saying all creation occurred at the Big Bang, when the basic Laws of Physics were laid down, and everything from that point forward has been evolution.
We may be closer to common ground than one might think at first.

If a benevolent, omnipotent, eternal Creator-God exists, and if Judeo-Christian holy writ is correct on the macro-level, that the Creator-God did all this, then...

It seems entirely likely, that that Creator-God invented our Laws of Physics, planned the Big Bang and its resultant effects down to the sub-atomic level across vast expanses and vast eons of time, then executed the Big Bang, monitored the progress of the after-effects, tweaked conditions here-and-there over billions of years, and thereby set into motion the creation of our flyspeck solar system and range of planets, and the development of life, species and individuals upon our own particular flyspeck...

After all, for an eternal Creator-God, 11 billion years (or whatever the latest wisdom is, regarding the age of the Universe) is a morning's work before a coffee break...
wink_smile.gif

In such a way, the two seemingly-irreconcilable theories can be easily and conveniently reconciled, with both being correct, on at least the macro level.
one major problem how could a sentient life exist when nothing did?
Not a problem at all...

Multiple universes...

The Creator-God stands in one while creating the next, and on and on, in infinite regression...

Is not the Lord God eternal?

Is not the Lord God master of many mysteries that we cannot yet (or ever) fathom?

If God exists, and if He-She-It-They are eternal, then, is it not possible - even likely - that He controls all dimensions, all universes, and time itself?

You are asking for proof for the Un-Knowable, are you not?
no. but it makes a nice bed time story.
What makes for a nice bedtime story?

1. the existence of a Creator-God

2. the reconciling of Creationism and Evolution

3. both

Figured as much, but thought it best to ask.

But, within the sampling universe of those who believe in a godhead...

The reconciling of Creationism and Evolution is straightforward and quite simple...

In effect, the godhead set it all in motion... Big Bang, Laws of Physics, Evolution, etc...

I submit that those who do not believe in a godhead are probably not the best equipped to gauge the relative merits of any such attempt at reconciliation...

The reconciling of Creationism and Evolution is straightforward and quite simple...

In effect, the godhead set it all in motion... Big Bang, Laws of Physics, Evolution, etc...

I submit that those who do not believe in a godhead are probably not the best equipped to gauge the relative merits of any such attempt at reconciliation...
The operative word being believe.

i think if you read A Brief History of Time, you can find the ability to reconcile religion and science... but only if one acknowledges that the bible isn't intended to be taken literally. (like creation taking 7 days or the earth being 5,000 years old).

Seventh-day Adventism - Beliefs

Most people know little about the Seventh-day Adventists beyond that they worship on Saturdays, not Sundays. But there’s more to this unique sect.

Unfortunately, they also hold many false and strange doctrines. Among these are the following: (a) the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon; (b) the pope is the Antichrist; (c) in the last days, Sunday worship will be "the mark of the beast"; (d) there is a future millennium in which the devil will roam the earth while Christians are with Christ in heaven; (e) the soul sleeps between death and resurrection; and (f) on the last day, after a limited period of punishment in hell, the wicked will be annihilated and cease to exist rather than be eternally damned. (For rebuttals of many of these ideas, see the Catholic Answers tracts, The Antichrist, The Hell There Is, Hunting the Whore of Babylon, The Whore of Babylon, and Sabbath or Sunday?)

Many Adventists insist that, as a matter of discipline (not doctrine), one must not eat meats considered unclean under the Mosaic Law (many endorse total vegetarianism), and one must avoid "worldly entertainments" (card-playing, dancing, smoking, drinking, reading non-religious books, listening to non-religious music, watching non-religious television, going to the movies, etc.).

More: Seventh-day Adventism | Catholic Answers

Holy shit. Does Rain Man Carson place the "secular" Constitution above his Seventh-day Adventist religion?

i think if you read A Brief History of Time, you can find the ability to reconcile religion and science... but only if one acknowledges that the bible isn't intended to be taken literally. (like creation taking 7 days or the earth being 5,000 years old).
Great book.

Great book.

my favorite non-fiction, i think.

I've been saying it, and I'll say it again, this man is truly stupid. I'm hoping this thread turns into right wingers denying evolution so we can have a hilarious debate.

They are too inbred to understand science, good luck trying to reason with them on scientific facts, better luck talking to a dog or cat

Does anyone else find it at all amusing that guno is criticizing a master surgeon, who is not only skilled in knowledge and ability in his field, but pioneered new medical techniques as someone who is too stupid to understand science?

The disconnect is quite astounding

Forum List

Back