Ben Carson

Carson, as any Republican would remind you, never ran a Business which is what they claim is President worthy. Being a surgeon has no bearing on running a country. He has no experience running for office or being in office

He would be eaten alive

:eusa_hand:
What I remember hearing, as well as I said, Obama lacked executive experience.
Owning a business is one way to get that.
But let's apply your theory to Ronald Reagan.
Politics aside, he was an extremely effective President. You may disagree with everything he did, but he has a litany of accomplishments. And he was a very powerful President. A definite leader.
Yet, his only political experience was really only three years as Governor of California. I marginalize the 8 years as governor because for a heckuva lot of those years he was on the campaign trail running for President three times while Governor.

Reagan was an actor. Jack shit in terms of experience. But he was Governor of California for eight years which is good experience
Obama was a State Senator for eight years and US Senator for four. Much more experience than Carson

You want to run for office after being a doctor? Both Pauls did it. But they ran for Congressman and Senator....not President

President of SAG for 5 years.
A world of experience in that job.
Contracts, construction, insurance, health benefits, investments, banking, finance, human resources, you name it.

:eusa_hand:
What I remember hearing, as well as I said, Obama lacked executive experience.
Owning a business is one way to get that.
But let's apply your theory to Ronald Reagan.
Politics aside, he was an extremely effective President. You may disagree with everything he did, but he has a litany of accomplishments. And he was a very powerful President. A definite leader.
Yet, his only political experience was really only three years as Governor of California. I marginalize the 8 years as governor because for a heckuva lot of those years he was on the campaign trail running for President three times while Governor.

Reagan was an actor. Jack shit in terms of experience. But he was Governor of California for eight years which is good experience
Obama was a State Senator for eight years and US Senator for four. Much more experience than Carson

You want to run for office after being a doctor? Both Pauls did it. But they ran for Congressman and Senator....not President

Contracts, construction, insurance, health benefits, investments, banking, finance, human resources, you name it.

SAG?

I'm more impressed with Palin being PTA President

SAG?

you know....you were making some very good points.

Now you have stooped to being a naïve ass.

What possible reason would Carson make a great President other than he hates Obama?

For starters the guy was a world world renowned neurosurgeon, has a great grasp of economics and is a conservative on social issues.

How many neurosurgeons have made great leaders?

[MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION] - Just think how a neurosurgeon could have changed history if he had been in the WH with the shrub and that dick veep.

Why, the very thought of it warms my cockles.

Carson is not running for anything.
The left is constantly deflecting from the chump that sits in the White House now.
Why does Obama allow the IRS employees to remain silent and KEEP their jobs?
The issue is to make the ONES IN OFFICE accountable.
NOT change the subject.

SAG?

Yabut, she quit ... :eusa_whistle:

Personally, I would love to see Carson run. Hell, I hope they all run. When it comes to Clown Car Candidates, the more the merrier.

SAG?

Because you know nothing on this subject.
127,000 members in SAG. Their contracts cover every angle or anything and everything imaginable.
I know as my daughter is a member of SAG as well as a few others including a former pro athlete who is a friend of mine.
Obama?
Raised by 2 communists and a street organizer.
NO other experience whatsoever.
But his ideology matches yours and that is all you require.

SAG?

You want points?

Past Presidents of the Screen Actors Guild

Dennis Weaver, William Schallert, Patty Duke (they got both Patty Duke AND her dad), William Daniels, Mellissa Gilbert, Ed Asner

You call that Presidential material?

The left has to find someone, anyone, somewhere, someplace to take attention away from Obama and the failures of his amateur hour administration.
Carson?
Not running
Rush
Never would run and never will
Same with Sean and Glenn and the rest of the talking heads
Palin?
She is not running.
NONE OF THEM ARE RUNNING FOR ANYTHING.

SAG?

You want points?

Dennis Weaver, William Schallert, Patty Duke (they got both Patty Duke AND her dad), William Daniels, Mellissa Gilbert, Ed Asner

I call that EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE.
What executive experience did Obama have?

SAG?

You want points?

add 8 years as Governor of the largest state in the country....yes.

And by the way....president of the PTA is strictly a local position overseeing one school system's parent and teacher relationships and activities..

SAG is a national concern that oversees the careers of members of one of the largest industries in the world.

To compare the two is nothing more than taking a stab at a woman who could probably talk circles around you.

You want points?

And by the way....president of the PTA is strictly a local position overseeing one school system's parent and teacher relationships and activities..

SAG is a national concern that oversees the careers of members of one of the largest industries in the world.

To compare the two is nothing more than taking a stab at a woman who could probably talk circles around you.

I already said that I thought Reagans 8 years as Governor of California more than qualified him for president. I just downplayed the SAG Presidency as a presidential level qualification

Still do

So RW'gr - what do you want as qualifications for President?
You want them to be former senators/house members???
really?
You want them to be recruited from this ocean of corruption and self interested pond scum?

So RW'gr - what do you want as qualifications for President?
You want them to be former senators/house members???
really?
You want them to be recruited from this ocean of corruption and self interested pond scum?

Vice President is pretty good. We have elected quite a few Governors who have done a good job. Senator is acceptable but Congressman comes up a little short in my book

Other than that, we have had a few Generals who we elected President. Washington and Ike did pretty good...some of the others? Not so much

I find the idea that someone ran a business, so that means they can run the country to be laughable. Surgeon? Beyond laughable

the only people i see making this a black issue are the conservatives.

Wait and see if the guy gets hot. Like when Herman Cain started getting popular. Then they'll try to ruin him.

they didnt ruin Cain because he is black. They ruined him because he is a moron.

That can't be true. Obama is a far bigger moron than Cain and they did not ruin him.

Maybe because Obama has done a great job ruining himself.

You want points?

I already said that I thought Reagans 8 years as Governor of California more than qualified him for president. I just downplayed the SAG Presidency as a presidential level qualification

Still do

Yet you feel being a community organizer is

Still do

Yet you feel being a community organizer is

Been there...done that

Ben Carson is an inspirational man. But I see nothing in the experience of brain surgeon that qualifies you as President

But community organizer does.

You're an idiot.

I would find the experience of a community organizer more credible than that of a surgeon. Community organizers need to get out and meet the people, listen to their problems, organize a constituency. It is the backbone of politics

Surgeons make alot of money

Community organizers steal and scam more than surgeons earn.

But community organizer does.

You're an idiot.

I would find the experience of a community organizer more credible than that of a surgeon. Community organizers need to get out and meet the people, listen to their problems, organize a constituency. It is the backbone of politics

Surgeons make alot of money

Community organizers steal and scam more than surgeons earn.

Surgeons have a tendency to be sociopaths.

It's kind of a job requirement.

You need a certain detachment from the pain of others.

But that sort of lack of empathy is terrible when you need to make decisions regarding people's lives.

Forum List

Back