Big Bain Backfire

Or did they buy it to suck what ever equity was left, put the rest of the burden on the guvmint and pocket a nice chuck of money for "saving" the company. zeke

Oh snipper. You forgot to address the real part of my question. Why?

Cause it is the truth.

They were successful in saving such dead-turd companies 78% of the time.

If only Mittens had been more involved in this company, I am sure he could have saved it.

Perhaps. But would you not agree that saving such dead-in-the-water turd companies an incredible 78% of the time is an amazing record?

Yes, an amazing record. Nothing is going to be successful 100% of the time. This is not Utopia. Darn, the realities of real life.

And to explain the attempts for Bain further, Herman Cain, whom I hope lands a position in the presumptive president-elect, Mitt Romney's Cabinet, adds this knowledge to those who know little to nothing about big business:

SNIP:

“When I took over Godfather’s, here’s an example — we had 725 restaurants,” Cain added. “We closed 200 to save the 525. That’s what Bain and many other companies do in order to save the business. …

Sometimes you have to get smaller, then you get better, then you get bigger. It’s a principle of free enterprise.”

Read more: Hermain Cain on Bain Capital: Slice to save jobs - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

The perception of Romney on this is simple. He's one of the guys in the expensive suits who come to your town and close down your factory, or mill, or plant, AND,

he's the guy who opposed saving the auto industry.

Those are the perceptions. Romney is not likely to change them.

If only Mittens had been more involved in this company, I am sure he could have saved it.

Perhaps. But would you not agree that saving such dead-in-the-water turd companies an incredible 78% of the time is an amazing record?

Yes, an amazing record. Nothing is going to be successful 100% of the time. This is not Utopia. Darn, the realities of real life.

And to explain the attempts for Bain further, Herman Cain, whom I hope lands a position in the presumptive president-elect, Mitt Romney's Cabinet, adds this knowledge to those who know little to nothing about big business:

SNIP:

“When I took over Godfather’s, here’s an example — we had 725 restaurants,” Cain added. “We closed 200 to save the 525. That’s what Bain and many other companies do in order to save the business. …

Sometimes you have to get smaller, then you get better, then you get bigger. It’s a principle of free enterprise.”

Read more: Hermain Cain on Bain Capital: Slice to save jobs - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

That won't stop the gubmint dependent types from butthurting over life not being fair, however.

LOL

The perception of Romney on this is simple. He's one of the guys in the expensive suits who come to your town and close down your factory, or mill, or plant, AND,

Not in Indiana.

And GTS is in Kansas City.

Kansas will vote to elect Romney by a large margin.

Missouri has been abandonded by the Obama campaign. It will go Romney and Clair McCaskill will get the boot too.

So, not sure how you see this working.

I suggest you educate yourself.

When you spew crap like that you sound like Truthmatters.

I suggest you educate yourself.

When you spew crap like that you sound like Truthmatters.

The ULTIMATE insult.

:lol:

as fdor the auto industry...

He opposed the tax payer butting in.

He believes, as most businbess minded people believe, that the court system does quite well as it pertains to chapter 11 restructuring

He believes, as most businbess minded people believe, that the court system does quite well as it pertains to chapter 11 restructuring

Well if he opposed giving taxpayer money to bail out a business, I'd say he did the right thing. :)

Well if he opposed giving taxpayer money to bail out a business, I'd say he did the right thing. :)

Absolutely..

Obama gave them the money, (our money) to continue operating as they were....you know...the way that put them behind the 8 ball...

Chapter 11 would have forced a restructuring...allowing them to run more efficiently.

It's called 'venture capital.' Few investments are riskier than infusing dead companies with millions upon millions in hopes of turning them around.

When it works, they are richly rewarded.

Now, you Marxists hate sucky ol' profit being made by risk takers.

We get that.

No, decent people hate watching people get fucked over by gambling, irresponsible assholes.

Well, instead of being kept alive by an infusion of capital investment, the failing factories could have all been just closed down and the people could have just joined you immediately on welfare.

Yet in 78% of the cases, Bain was successful.

Somewhere, somebody told you life was fair. It is not.

I believe you pulled that 78% number out of your ass.

As for buying up failing companies, I also call bull shit. Bain bought up any company who they believe to be undervalued. They figured they could make huge profits on failing companies as well, and leave us taxpayers on the hook to pay off their pension funds.

No, decent people hate watching people get fucked over by gambling, irresponsible assholes.

Well, instead of being kept alive by an infusion of capital investment, the failing factories could have all been just closed down and the people could have just joined you immediately on welfare.

Watching Marxists discuss high finance is like watching retards box.

As for buying up failing companies, I also call bull shit. Bain bought up any company who they believe to be undervalued. They figured they could make huge profits on failing companies as well, and leave us taxpayers on the hook to pay off their pension funds.

wrong.

A venture capitalist buys firms with strong market share potential, good ideas, but a poorly implemented business plan and/or management team resultring in a return not condiered appropriate for the operating costs....and such a firm would liklely be out of business within 8 quarters.

As for the 78% number...I dont know if it is or isnt accurate....but if it were any less than 75% they likely would have had no investors and would be out of business.

I think you have your head "Tucked" up your ass.

You only say what you "think". You don't seem to work much from facts.

In fact, you sound more and more desperate....like Chris Matthews.

All you have to do is google Bain 78% and you'll see it all over the place.

High Plains Pundit: DEFENDING MITT ROMNEY'S SUCCESS WITH BAIN CAPITAL

Sometimes the efforts succeed, sometimes not. The alternative is these companies simply die and no jobs are left. At least with the successes, some jobs are saved. I don't think most Americans understand this, but Romney needs to articulate it better. In any case, a 78% success rate is quite remarkable.

So lefties, what about Bain Capital is different than the Government propping up failing companies???

Oh that's right Bain is PRIVATE money and the Government uses TAXPAYER money, more better that way.

So lefties, what about Bain Capital is different than the Government propping up failing companies???

Oh that's right Bain is PRIVATE money and the Government uses TAXPAYER money, more better that way.

Bain isn't buying union votes ?

Did I get it right ?

There is a big differnce. When Bain invests in a failing company to turn it around the goal is to end up with a successful company. That doesn't always work. When obama invests in a failing company, the goal is to have a chunk of the taxpayer money kicked back to the democratic party as political contributions, then the company is suposed to fail and the investment lost so that the kickback disappears in company losses.

The ISSUE is that Bain used taxpayer money too.

Who foots the bill that was supposed to be covered by their pensions?

You and I.

Forum List

Back