Black republicans...who are they really?

I'm just giving you an example of a poor person who would be dooming themselves to a life of poverty. I know middle age white women who got abortions when they were 17. They now have children that they had later when they were ready. To me it's unthinkable to think you would make abortion illegal and make them have those babies.

I wonder if women would be more careful if abortion weren't an option.
Hey.....drama queen....stop with the false narrative. Those women do not have to keep those babies and "live a life of poverty". They can put the baby up for adoption. And I guarantee there are some cases in which the father would love to raise their child.

You form the basis of your policies and beliefs on Tupac fucking Shakur?!? :eusa_doh:

Wow does that explain a lot.

My dear.....do you know who says "only God can judge me"? Assholes like Tupac who spend their life smoking crack, selling heroin, shooting people, and raping women. You know - people who can't afford to be judged.

Do you know what decent, respectable people say? Bring it, baby! Here I am - come judge me. "Only God can judge me" is the battle cry of the dirt-bags and the thugs.

Well you know Tupac is all wise and all knowing, druggies flock to him.
I'm for women like Afenia shakur having abortions. For every 1 tupac how many bad citizens are raised?

I hate to pick on blacks but imagine how much better off Detroit would be if no unplanned pregnancies happened.

Racism is a liberal value. lol!
I'm just giving you an example of a poor person who would be dooming themselves to a life of poverty. I know middle age white women who got abortions when they were 17. They now have children that they had later when they were ready. To me it's unthinkable to think you would make abortion illegal and make them have those babies.

Adoption.
That's an option for people who are religious, consider abortion murder, don't mind going through the pregnancy and then giving their child up right after going through labor. Not a lot of people like this.

I'm for women like Afenia shakur having abortions. For every 1 tupac how many bad citizens are raised?

I hate to pick on blacks but imagine how much better off Detroit would be if no unplanned pregnancies happened.
Tupac was a "bad citizen". He wasn't shot because he spent all night in church praying...
I know but you know what I mean. He ended up becoming somewhat of a great person is what I'm trying to say. Yes, he sold drugs, might have shot people, stole.... but if I said his mom should have aborted him people would say if she did that we wouldn't have all that great music he produced. A lot of it he produced while he was in jail.

it;s not about when "life" begins. you don't care about "life" or you wouldn't believe i the death penalty.

either way....constitutionally protected right.. mind your own business. you don't like abortions, don't have one.
There is no "constitutional right" to abortions. Read the U.S. Constitution just once already.

And your death penalty argument is absurd. I care about life and I love the death penalty. There is no room in society for the animals that commit heinous crimes. It is a punishment. The question becomes - why do you believe in punishing babies? What heinous crime have they committed???
We believe all the women who if they had the babies would raise murderers and drug dealers to do us all a favor and abort. The fact that you want to kill them in 18 years when they turn out just like we said they would is interesting. What does it cost to put someone to death?

Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million

The National Abortion Federation found that the average price for an abortion (medical or surgical) performed between six and 10 weeks is $350 at an abortion clinic and $500 at a doctor's office. At 16 weeks, the average price rises to $650 at clinics and $700 at doctors' offices.

Hey.....drama queen....stop with the false narrative. Those women do not have to keep those babies and "live a life of poverty". They can put the baby up for adoption. And I guarantee there are some cases in which the father would love to raise their child.

But they don't give them up for adoption.

Detroit freezer mom in jailhouse interview: 'I would kill them again'

-20a39b07bdbe157e.JPG

Yesterday, a heated "debate" (well, as much of a debate that can be had in this mostly right wing forum) was had about one poster's friend who, as a liberal, spoke about a right wing friend who claimed that a good part of the hatred toward Obama was based on race.

I do NOT believe that opposition toward Obama is wholly based on race.....however, to deny that some racism does not exist toward Obama's presidency, would be equally naive.

So, what would make someone who is black and relatively intelligent, embrace the GOP platform that is often enmeshed in policies that are not for the betterment of the black voting bloc?

I am reminded of a passage in Milton's Paradise Lost where Lucifer explains why he chose to defy God's wishes (and PLEASE, I do not mean even remotely to equate a black republican to the devil......but the analogy is still sound.) ........Anyway, through Milton's prose, Lucifer explains that he would rather be a "king in hell" than just one of many other angel standing beside the throne of God.

What I'm getting at is that for SOME blacks who have chosen to embrace right wing policies may do so because the notoriety gained by such a stance is much more self serving than to be one of the vast majority of blacks who side with the left ideology. In other words, if you want to get on the FOX channels or the Rush radio talk shows, your chances are vastly improved if you claim that you are an arch conservative AND black.

This sounds racist.

Black conservatism in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the main characteristics of black conservatism is its emphasis on personal choice and responsibilities above socioeconomic status and institutional racism. In the tradition of African American politics and intellectual life, black conservatives tend to side with Booker T. Washington as contrasted with W. E. B. Du Bois. For many black conservatives, the key mission is to bring repair and success to the Black community by applying the following fundamental principles:

• The pursuit of educational and professional excellence as a means of advancement within the society;
  • Policies that promote safety and security in the community beyond the typical casting of a criminal as a "victim" of societal racism;
  • Local economic development through free enterprise rather than looking to the federal government for assistance;
  • Empowerment of the individual via self-improvement (virtue), conscience, and supernatural grace.[1]
Black conservatives may find common ground with Black Nationalists through their common belief in black empowerment and the theory that black people have been duped by the Welfare state.

Yes, but you cannot force women to take the risks of pregnancy against their wills. Abortion isn't something new. Women have been self aborting since ancient times. Personally, I wouldn't abort my baby, but that is not my or your decision to make for someone else's body.

Yes, but you cannot force women to take the risks of pregnancy against their wills. Abortion isn't something new. Women have been self aborting since ancient times. Personally, I wouldn't abort my baby, but that is not my or your decision to make for someone else's body.
That's exactly like a muslim saying "an honor killing is my decision to make". It just doesn't hold up. We protect victims in this country.

This sounds racist.
Agreed because it is racist. nat4900 is labeling every conservative who happens to be black to be a hypocritical race traitor aka Uncle Tom.
Well....Democrat is the party of racism. People like nat4900 will tolerate African-Americans for their votes so long as they "know their place". But the moment they step out of line....oh man do the racist claws come out. Just as Allen West, Mia Love, etc.

That's exactly like a muslim saying "an honor killing is my decision to make". It just doesn't hold up. We protect victims in this country.

Nope, I believe in body sovereignty and it is up to the woman whether or not she is pregnant and nobody else.

Nope, I believe in body sovereignty and it is up to the woman whether or not she is pregnant and nobody else.
So do I! And if a pregnant woman wants to put a gun to her head and pull the trigger while she's pregnant, you won't hear a peep out of me.

But she's not doing anything to her body during an abortion. It's not her arm sucked off with a vacuum. It's not her skull caved in with a clamp. It's totally disingenuous to say "it's her body" when the reality is it is the body and the life of a completely separate human being.

So do I! And if a pregnant woman wants to put a gun to her head and pull the trigger while she's pregnant, you won't hear a peep out of me.

But she's not doing anything to her body during an abortion. It's not her arm sucked off with a vacuum. It's not her skull caved in with a clamp. It's totally disingenuous to say "it's her body" when the reality is it is the body and the life of a completely separate human being.

Pregnancy comes with risks. It is up to the individual woman whether or not she wants to risk her health. It's not up to you or me. Besides, shut up! You don't care about some strange woman's fetus! It's not your business.

Pregnancy comes with risks. It is up to the individual woman whether or not she wants to risk her health. It's not up to you or me. Besides, shut up! You don't care about some strange woman's fetus! It's not your business.
So you support rape then right? "It's not your business" if one stranger rapes another. :eusa_doh:

So you support rape then right? "It's not your business" if one stranger rapes another. :eusa_doh:

What a silly ridiculous analogy. That is not body sovereignty.

Self-ownership (or sovereignty of the individual, individual sovereignty or individual autonomy) is the concept of property in one's own person, expressed as the moral or natural right of a person to have bodily integrity, and be the exclusive controller of her or his own body and life.

Forum List

Back