Boston Marathon Bombing

CaféAuLait;7123417 said:
And so begins the bullshit.

By the way, all of you who basically convicted this Saudi, comments?

Ya know there are other threads where posters were convinced this man was the guy:

KgNQBlu.jpg

9VuyFm6.jpg

Comments ranged from he looks "mentally retarded", to he was "the one" or looked like a "Tea Partier", just by his looks. There were other 'white' guys profiled along with people of color.

I know when I reviewed the photos, I was more intent on finding people who appeared with backpacks then sans backpack. Color did not matter. When I saw the guy above, I too thought he might be someone that sould be looked into along with others.

As far as the Saudi man ( who is not pictured in the photo you have above) he was detained by police, and his home was searched for 5 hours by ATF, FBI and other agencies. People were going by reports. At the time hearing he was being questioned and seeing agents at his apartment gave people reason to believe he may have been the suspect.

How many of them where on their knee's with their hands behind their heads? I will give you a hint...one, the saudi. No white guys, the saudi.

And so begins the bullshit.

Who, as it turns out, got deported..which means he either is an outright criminal, or has been associated with something very questionable.

So he was guilty, and worth a closer look. Good riddance.

Atop getting your news from Fox and Hannity. He is not being deported. Breitbart can suck it.

Saudi student hurt in Boston bombing not a suspect, not being deported

A Saudi student questioned in connection to the bombing of the Boston Marathon is not being deported, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told a House panel Thursday.

Saudi student hurt in Boston bombing not a suspect, not being deported - The Hill's Global Affairs

This is the perfect example of the savage right always being so damn racist. Of course you thought that Saudi was guilty of something. HE HAS TO BE RIGHTY?

You are either simply wrong (he is not deported) or a liar. Which is it?

Last edited:
Since the people she visited have been cleared from suspicions I have no problem with her visiting with them, they are as much a victim as anyone else.....

According to the Facebook post, she passed by all the Americans and headed straight for the Saudi national. Kind of a slap in the face to the wounded Americans, wouldn't you say? Apparently our own citizens aren't good enough for a visit from the first lady but Saudi Nationals are.

Fucking hack.

Who, as it turns out, got deported..which means he either is an outright criminal, or has been associated with something very questionable.

Atop getting your news from Fox and Hannity. He is not being deported. Breitbart can suck it.

A Saudi student questioned in connection to the bombing of the Boston Marathon is not being deported, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told a House panel Thursday.

Saudi student hurt in Boston bombing not a suspect, not being deported - The Hill's Global Affairs

This is the perfect example of the savage right always being so damn racist. Of course you thought that Saudi was guilty of something. HE HAS TO BE RIGHTY?

My heart went out to that kid. And yes I am a conservative. And yes it is still beating.

I couldn't imagine a more horrific moment than being a saudi national standing in the middle of Bostonians a just partying away and have a terror bomb go off.

I know he ran. I don't blame him. But for me...

I'd have run like hell as well.

Last edited:

If you were watching the news, you would know they went from "he will be deported" to "he may be deported". I'm not sure where it stands now. But how can they keep him if they revoked his visa and why did they revoke his visa if he's innocent?

Saudi national questioned in Boston attack may be deported | Interviews | Hannity

STEVE EMERSON, TERRORISM EXPERT: Well, what I reported last night, which you had confirmed, was that the person initially that was of interest, then they determined he was not of interest, I reported that there was a deportation order, because he violated U.S. national security, and the deportation was scheduled for next Tuesday.

Ms. Napolitano, head of Homeland Security, denied this morning in a hearing in a testy exchange with a member of Congress, saying there was no deportation considered, she no idea what he was talking about. Tonight I got access to an internal ICE document proving the fact that his visa was revoked because of national security violations and that he was scheduled for deportation next Tuesday.

Now in the interim, since last night, I think there's an effort now to cover their tracks, not be embarrassed by the fact that they're deporting somebody who had violated U.S. national security. So maybe they now have decided to withhold the deportation.

<<<<

We can only go by what we hear or read in the news. I'm totally confused.

If you were watching the news, you would know they went from "he will be deported" to "he may be deported". I'm not sure where it stands now. But how can they keep him if they revoked his visa and why did they revoke his visa if he's innocent?

Hannity and Beck told you he is deported. HE IS NOT.

I feel for that kid. I really do. The right had him convicted and all he was doing was enjoying a damn marathon.

He HAD to be guilty of something right koshergirl?

Fucking right wingers make me sick.

Saudi national questioned in Boston attack may be deported | Interviews | Hannity

STEVE EMERSON, TERRORISM EXPERT: Well, what I reported last night, which you had confirmed, was that the person initially that was of interest, then they determined he was not of interest, I reported that there was a deportation order, because he violated U.S. national security, and the deportation was scheduled for next Tuesday.

Ms. Napolitano, head of Homeland Security, denied this morning in a hearing in a testy exchange with a member of Congress, saying there was no deportation considered, she no idea what he was talking about. Tonight I got access to an internal ICE document proving the fact that his visa was revoked because of national security violations and that he was scheduled for deportation next Tuesday.

Now in the interim, since last night, I think there's an effort now to cover their tracks, not be embarrassed by the fact that they're deporting somebody who had violated U.S. national security. So maybe they now have decided to withhold the deportation.

<<<<

Again, it fucking Hannity. He is full of shit and so are people who quote anything from his show.

GET IT NOW? Every thing about Fox sucks.

<<<<

Again, it fucking Hannity. He is full of shit and so are people who quote anything from his show.

Oh please, if they said something you wanted to hear, you'd be all over quoting them. Fox isn't the only place that mentioned this guy getting deported and I don't think they were the first.

<<<<

Oh please, if they said something you wanted to hear, you'd be all over quoting them. Fox isn't the only place that mentioned this guy getting deported and I don't think they were the first.

No actually it was an ICE official who first reported a deportation, according to TheBlaze, and that was subsequently discounted by other authorities.

There were two events that the media got confused. One was two Saudis who were injured in the bomb blast, one of which was particularly named as a person of interest but was subsequently cleared of any implication or connection to the bombers. The other was an entirely different situation in which a Saudi national had been detained for reasons totally unrelated to the Boston bombing.

And Sheila is right. There were erroneous comments and speculation among most of the media until all that got sorted out. And there is a very big different between reporting what the media is reporting, which is what both Hannity and Beck--as well as ALL the others--were doing--there is a difference between that and making a definitive declaration that such and such happened, which none I listened to or watched did.

No actually it was an ICE official who first reported a deportation, according to TheBlaze, and that was subsequently discounted by other authorities.

There were two events that the media got confused. One was two Saudis who were injured in the bomb blast, one of which was particularly named as a person of interest but was subsequently cleared of any implication or connection to the bombers. The other was an entirely different situation in which a Saudi national had been detained for reasons totally unrelated to the Boston bombing.

And Sheila is right. There were erroneous comments and speculation among most of the media until all that got sorted out. And there is a very big different between reporting what the media is reporting, which is what both Hannity and Beck--as well as ALL the others--were doing--there is a difference between that and making a definitive declaration that such and such happened, which none I listened to or watched did.

According to The Blaze is all you need to know.

Well TheBlaze cited their sources. A responsible debater would rebut erroneous information with more reliable sources or simply say they don't trust the source without further documentation. A numbnut just attacks the source with nothing of substance other than they don't like the source.

The Blaze subsequently did report this:
A senior law enforcement official with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) told TheBlaze Thursday that reports claiming the department was deporting Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi under section 212 3B (“security and related grounds”) and had opened an “event” (or file) on the Saudi Arabian national following the Boston attacks is “categorically false.”

The official also told TheBlaze that Alharbi was never in custody nor ever considered for deportation by ICE, but that the department does have a different Saudi national in custody being held on grounds unrelated to the Boston bombings.

Reports have indicated that both Alharbi and another Saudi student were wounded in Monday’s blasts. While in the hospital for treatment following the attack, Alharbi was considered a “person of interest” and was guarded by law enforcement officials. He is now, according to law enforcement officials, no longer considered a person of interest.

The senior ICE official confirmed to TheBlaze that the department does currently have a different Saudi Arabian national in custody, but that that person is in “no way affiliated” with the Boston attacks, nor is the detainee one of the two Saudi nationals who were wounded on Monday.

The ICE official add that the man currently in ICE’s custody is from the Boston area and is being detained on visa violation issues only.

Well TheBlaze cited their sources. A responsible debater would rebut erroneous information with more reliable sources or simply say they don't trust the source without further documentation. A numbnut just attacks the source with nothing of substance other than they don't like the source.

A senior law enforcement official with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) told TheBlaze Thursday that reports claiming the department was deporting Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi under section 212 3B (“security and related grounds”) and had opened an “event” (or file) on the Saudi Arabian national following the Boston attacks is “categorically false.”

The official also told TheBlaze that Alharbi was never in custody nor ever considered for deportation by ICE, but that the department does have a different Saudi national in custody being held on grounds unrelated to the Boston bombings.

Reports have indicated that both Alharbi and another Saudi student were wounded in Monday’s blasts. While in the hospital for treatment following the attack, Alharbi was considered a “person of interest” and was guarded by law enforcement officials. He is now, according to law enforcement officials, no longer considered a person of interest.

The senior ICE official confirmed to TheBlaze that the department does currently have a different Saudi Arabian national in custody, but that that person is in “no way affiliated” with the Boston attacks, nor is the detainee one of the two Saudi nationals who were wounded on Monday.

The ICE official add that the man currently in ICE’s custody is from the Boston area and is being detained on visa violation issues only.

The problem is with the sources they use. Or the sources they claim they have.
Once I see them using a terrible source or print a false source I tend to not believe anything they print or use them as a source for any information. That is what a responsible person tends to do.
Once I read the article I looked up other sources, which is how I knew The Blaze once again had it wrong. It's pretty simple.

Once I see them using a terrible source or print a false source I tend to not believe anything they print or use them as a source for any information. That is what a responsible person tends to do.
Once I read the article I looked up other sources, which is how I knew The Blaze once again had it wrong. It's pretty simple.

Then show how the Blaze had it wrong. All they did is report what they had been told as everybody else has been doing. And when they found out that what they had been told was wrong, they corrected it as I have reported. In my view, that is not irresponsible journalism. Nor is the Blaze generally a 'terrible source' because they do generally have a source for what they report.

We can reasonably argue whether it is responsible to report what is being reported to the media, but until you can show that others were more responsible, to single out TheBlaze as a 'bad source' doesn't really hold up.

Then show how the Blaze had it wrong. All they did is report what they had been told as everybody else has been doing. And when they found out that what they had been told was wrong, they corrected it as I have reported. In my view, that is not irresponsible journalism. Nor is the Blaze generally a 'terrible source' because they do generally have a source for what they report.

We can reasonably argue whether it is responsible to report what is being reported to the media, but until you can show that others were more responsible, to single out TheBlaze as a 'bad source' doesn't really hold up.

You missed my point. The Blaze uses unreliable sources, you can have sources all day long, if they are crap they are Crap.

And what other sites talked about the Saudi being deported? Fox, Brietbart?
Show me a non right wing site that didn't use Fox News or the blaze that claimed he was being deported?

You missed my point. The Blaze uses unreliable sources, you can have sources all day long, if they are crap they are Crap.

Ah. I see. An ICE official was an unreliable source because TheBlaze used him. The fact that others used the same source until ICE itself refuted the information is irrelevent. TheBlaze is of course hated with a passion by all leftists because it, like Drudge, seems to have a nose for news and is out ahead of the pack on some of this stuff. And yes, sometimes they get too far ahead of the story, but I can assure you ALL media groups look to these kinds of sources so they won't be scooped too badly.

The fact that TheBlaze prominently corrected their information once it was available to them is a credit to their sense of journalistic responsibility.

But they by no means were the only ones running with the story until it deadended with better information:

The Saudi Saga: Key Information Still Being Revealed in Case of former ?Person of Interest? Gov?t Considered Deporting

Ah. I see. An ICE official was an unreliable source because TheBlaze used him. The fact that others used the same source until ICE itself refuted the information is irrelevent. TheBlaze is of course hated with a passion by all leftists because it, like Drudge, seems to have a nose for news and is out ahead of the pack on some of this stuff. And yes, sometimes they get too far ahead of the story, but I can assure you ALL media groups look to these kinds of sources so they won't be scooped too badly.

The fact that TheBlaze prominently corrected their information once it was available to them is a credit to their sense of journalistic responsibility.

But they by no means were the only ones running with the story until it deadended with better information:

The Saudi Saga: Key Information Still Being Revealed in Case of former ?Person of Interest? Gov?t Considered Deporting

Obviously he was unreliable since he was wrong. And please find me a news site that reported on this that didn't use the The Blaze or Fox News as a source.

Obviously he was unreliable since he was wrong. And please find me a news site that reported on this that didn't use the The Blaze or Fox News as a source.

Sorry I can't do that since TheBlaze was the one who initially reported it and the others HAD to cite TheBlaze in order to report it at all. The fact that the others all DID report it suggests they found the story intriguing and sufficiently credible to be important. The first one out is generally cited as the source. I can't help the fact that a source you don't like happens to be better at investigation than most of the others.

And the fact that Fox News reported it is an evil thing? When so did CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC? That every one of them was putting out information on this report or that report that eventually turned out to be erroneous? But no, the left's loathing for sources like TheBlaze is so prevalent that TheBlaze itself becomes the story as is anybody else the Left doesn't like who further explores it.

For instance, there is absolutely no mention of TheBlaze in this story:
Confusion over Saudis in Boston following marathon attack ? The Lead with Jake Tapper - CNN.com Blogs

Forum List

Back