Breaking News: New CPI inflation report lowest since 2021

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Down to 2.5%, and 0.2% month over month.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/09/11/cpi-inflation-fed-rates/

Inflation eased again in August, cementing expectations that the Federal Reserve is setto cut interest rates next week for the first time since the pandemic’s early days.

Data released Wednesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed prices climbed 2.5 percent in the 12 months ending in August. That was a noticeable improvement over the 2.9 percent notched in July, in part because of falling gas prices. Prices also climbed 0.2 percent over the previous month.

You clearly don't pay attention to the prices of the things you buy every month. Those of us who have to pinch every penny do.

The inflation is real, whether you like it or not.
Inflation is over as you can see. It's now about earnings. Which are way up since 2019. Are yours? Mine are?

Inflation is over as you can see. It's now about earnings. Which are way up since 2019. Are yours? Mine are?
Earnings mean nothing if they fail to compensate for the expenses of necessities whose prices have gone up, irrespective of the rise in earnings. Food inflation. Get used to it.

Last edited:
People arereducing their purchases of steak or the amount of it. In fact, there was a report on TV that many have replaced steak with sausage. Thank You old Joe. Thank You for the inflation and unifying our nation.

Earnings mean nothing if they fail to compensate for the expenses of necessities whose prices have gone up irrespective of the rise in earnings. Food inflation. Get used to it.

my earnings have more than surpassed any added cost since 2020

You clearly don't pay attention to the prices of the things you buy every month. Those of us who have to pinch every penny do.

The inflation is real, whether you like it or not.

Yes, the prices went up, inflation was high for a while. It is now slowing ,this is a good thing for most people.

Prices are not going to come back down, they never do after a bout with inflation.

Inflation eased again in August, cementing expectations that the Federal Reserve is setto cut interest rates next week for the first time since the pandemic’s early days.

Data released Wednesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed prices climbed 2.5 percent in the 12 months ending in August. That was a noticeable improvement over the 2.9 percent notched in July, in part because of falling gas prices. Prices also climbed 0.2 percent over the previous month.
Those of us buying groceries, gasoline for our cars, paying our mortgage, insurance, utility bills, paying for healthcare, and any other necessities of life know that inflation isn't easing one bit but continues to escalate at an alarming rate.

This administration has been cooking the books and putting out false numbers for quite some time now. And a dishonest, pro-Democrat media isn't calling them on it.

my earnings have more than surpassed any added cost since 2020

Yes, the prices went up, inflation was high for a while. It is now slowing ,this is a good thing for most people.

Prices are not going to come back down, they never do after a bout with inflation.
"For most people."

Sigh. When someone who may be considerably more wealthy than most Americans brags about his earnings being better than ever, it falls on deaf ears, it is dismissed as out of touch. Namely, because you have probably never had to worry about the added costs of your necessities as opposed to the rest of ours.

SwiftyGator with another "report" on how great Bidenomics is. LOL You have no clue.

Those of us buying groceries, gasoline for our cars, paying our mortgage, insurance, utility bills, paying for healthcare, and any other necessities of life know that inflation isn't easing one bit but continues to escalate at an alarming rate.

This administration has been cooking the books and putting out false numbers for quite some time now. And a dishonest, pro-Democrat media isn't calling them on it.
I think the SNAP card just always has money on it for the Dimmers....

Earnings mean nothing if they fail to compensate for the expenses of necessities whose prices have gone up irrespective of the rise in earnings. Food inflation. Get used to it.
How about a reality check? We spend about 11% or our income on food vs 10% pre-covid, and guess what? It is all driven off of eating out expenses. Eating at home is stil about 6% of expenses. Food is not a burden for Americans. Poverty can be though and that is about wages and employment.

Nice to see. I'm not a big fan of Powell, but it's possible he'll still get his soft landing.

Another nice thing is that the Fed can probably keep their first cut to 25bps. 50bps would look a little panicky, and it's not necessary. Yet.
Ive been pretty critical of the Fed waiting too long to drop rates again. They seem to have nailed it though.

"For most people."

Sigh. When someone who may be considerably more wealthy than most Americans brags about his earnings being better than ever, it falls on deaf ears, it is dismissed as out of touch. Namely, because you have probably never had to worry about the added costs of your necessities as opposed to the rest of ours.

This is where you are wrong. I have had to worry about added cost, I have had to choose between food or insulin for my 10 year old diabetic son. I have eaten popcorn for dinner so that my kids would have enough real food to eat.

My wife and I made a choice not to live that way and we set out to better our situation and we did so and then some. In 2012 we are under poverty level for a family of 4, now my wife and I are in the top 6% or so of income earners.

People arereducing their purchases of steak or the amount of it. In fact, there was a report on TV that many have replaced steak with sausage. Thank You old Joe. Thank You for the inflation and unifying our nation.
Eat more chicken.

Twisted terrorist democrats will continue to lie and lie and lie and tell you that your earnings are up and prices are down and you are just lying about it.

Democrat fabrication is just getting out of hand.

Forum List

Back