Breaking news: Trump fires Bolton

Amazing, you fricken libs whine when Bolton comes in the door, then you whine again when going out the door...just fricken amazing.
Who is whining? I am glad to see him go. He was itching for war.
Not itching for war, but wanting to see regime change in Iran, which most of us would agree would benefit the Iranian people, and believing military force might be necessary. However, the President's goal is not regime change but a credible end to Iran's efforts to acquire nuclear weapons and an end to its imperialist wars throughout the ME. Agree with him or not, and in this instance I do not, I have always thought Bolton was a man of principle who continued to push for what he thought was right even when it was unpopular, as it is now. That's an admirable quality, much too rare in Washington.
I would have though we would have learned a lesson about regime change by now. No....Bolton prefers war to diplomacy. A hardliner.
Once again,he doesn't prefer war but like most of us believes regime change in Iran is not possible without at least a credible threat of military action. Keep in mind regime change has been part of US foreign policy since WWII, so he is not so much a hardliner as an old timer. President Trump recognizes that the world has changed too much to follow that policy and is setting the US on a new path, but without bowing and scrapping to dictators as Obama did.

Amazing, you fricken libs whine when Bolton comes in the door, then you whine again when going out the door...just fricken amazing.
Not itching for war, but wanting to see regime change in Iran, which most of us would agree would benefit the Iranian people, and believing military force might be necessary. However, the President's goal is not regime change but a credible end to Iran's efforts to acquire nuclear weapons and an end to its imperialist wars throughout the ME. Agree with him or not, and in this instance I do not, I have always thought Bolton was a man of principle who continued to push for what he thought was right even when it was unpopular, as it is now. That's an admirable quality, much too rare in Washington.

Sorry, what wars has Iran engaged in?
Iran-Iraq War | Causes, Summary, Casualties, & Facts

Iran was attacked by Iraq with our urging. So my question stands. What wars?

Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Yemen, and Iran has tried to foment Shi'ite uprisings in the smaller Gulf states. The Iranians do not actually fight their wars, they cultivate Shi'ite Arab militias like Hezbollah and many of the Iraqi militias to do their fighting for them.

I would have though we would have learned a lesson about regime change by now. No....Bolton prefers war to diplomacy. A hardliner.
Once again,he doesn't prefer war but like most of us believes regime change in Iran is not possible without at least a credible threat of military action. Keep in mind regime change has been part of US foreign policy since WWII, so he is not so much a hardliner as an old timer. President Trump recognizes that the world has changed too much to follow that policy and is setting the US on a new path, but without bowing and scrapping to dictators as Obama did.

It's also failed over and over since WWII.

Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Yemen, and Iran has tried to foment Shi'ite uprisings in the smaller Gulf states. The Iranians do not actually fight their wars, they cultivate Shi'ite Arab militias like Hezbollah and many of the Iraqi militias to do their fighting for them.

Kinda like the U.S.?

Warmongering nonsense. No more dead kids for empire.
Give you a coupleof slogans and you're as happy as a dog with a new bone. No thinking necessary for you.

Then you need to go back and read your former post, because I'm sure the question was
what wars has Iran been ENGAGED in.
You may not like that there was an answer other than 0....live with it, dude/dudette

Gee. Today Former NSA Flynn was in court today for sentencing. Will Bolton be there itself in the future?

LOL!

Michael Flynn sentencing set for Dec. 18 in case where he pleaded guilty to lying to FBI
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ced252-d315-11e9-86ac-0f250cc91758_story.html
I don’t think Bolton was there long enough to be involved in any crimes the way others of trumps circle of “friends“.
Bolton being National Security Advisor is a crime in itself

I see it somewhat different. I don't think he was a good fit in this administration....might have been in another, but not this one.
Trump sees himself as a negotiator on the world stage, having a hawk in his corner could have, or might hamper
an honest attempt at a touchy negotiation.
I agree and obviously the President agrees, too. His reasoning is sound, the world would be a better place if we could effect regime change in Iran, but the price is too high. Still, I consider him a man of principle and there are not many of those in government today.

Horse feathers. Any government, large or small, with or without resources, that seeks to stand on their own, refuses US hegemony, or seeks another alignment must, in his eyes, be crushed.

Bowing and scraping to dictators? Trump and - Putin, SaudiArabia, Kim, al Sissi, Duterte....

6 Strongmen Trump Has Praised — And The Conflicts It Presents

Iran is not fighting wars with countries, it is fighting wars to take over countries. Today, Iranian backed militias are so powerful in Iraq that Iraq may turn into another Lebanon. Iran is using its militias there to stock pile weapons the Iraqi government doesn't even know about.

I'm sure Russia and China are just gonna sit around and tolerate US military intervention in Iran. Heh heh. Get real.

Russia will be sharing space based intelligence with Iran and their ground forces, air defense and aerospace forces would be in northern Iran before you can blink. And their subs would be in the Mediterranean Sea and the Indian Ocean just as quick. Notwithstanding the fact that these are the Persians we're talking about. They aren't going anywhere. They're among the oldest civilizations in the world and 80 million strong last I checked.

Last edited:
Wasn’t he the advisor to Bush, that advocated for war previously? That didn’t work out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upload_2019-9-10_21-9-58.png

The Great Douche should pick two. One as a replacement for the 4th one.
So not to have an acting 5th, Before the 6th is appointed.

Iran is not fighting wars with countries, it is fighting wars to take over countries. Today, Iranian backed militias are so powerful in Iraq that Iraq may turn into another Lebanon. Iran is using its militias there to stock pile weapons the Iraqi government doesn't even know about.

Here is one of the problems with regime change ...Iraq was a counter balance to the aspirations of Iran.

Oops.

Iran and the Saudi’s counter balence each other’s ambitions. Has anyone thought that through yet?

It's also failed over and over since WWII.
Not completely, Japan, Germany and South Korea are US successes. After WWII we were carried by the euphoria of victory and what we thought were the imperatives of the Cold War, and while in most cases we believed we were fighting the good fight, the job was just too much for us. But the world would be a much better place today if we had won all of those fights: just look at the contrast between the two Koreas.

Kinda like the U.S.?
Not at all like the US.

Forum List

Back