BREAKING: Speaker Boehner to Retire from Congress

Trump to Boehner: You're Fired!
There's actually a lot of truth to that.
Wonder who Kasich will appoint to replace him?
^^^ Another political moron.

Speakers aren't appointed, dumbass, they are elected by House members, which will take place while our great president is still in office.

^^^Another civics moron^^^

Boehner is resigning his seat in Congress, not just his Speakership. Kasich will be able to appoint someone to fill the House seat.

Kasich can't appoint a congressperson.

No governor can appoint a congressperson

A special election will need to be arranged to fill the position.
partially true. governors can appoint congresspeople - they can appoint senators. they cannot appoint representatives.

i hadn't realized that. learn something every day.

Speakers aren't appointed, dumbass, they are elected by House members, which will take place while our great president is still in office.

Boehner is resigning his seat in Congress, not just his Speakership. Kasich will be able to appoint someone to fill the House seat.

You are correct. House seats are filled pursuant to an election.
What are the chances a Dem will take that seat?

It's very strange Boehner is not going to complete his term. This is very sudden, too.

More to the story, I'm sure.

Kasich being a Presidential candidate, and being able to appoint Boehner's replacement is an interesting wrinkle which makes me wonder if that is part of the story.
Governor's can't appoint a rep.

Only Senators can be appointed in situations like this.

YOU might want to look up the name Paul Kirk in your research.

(and the dictionary definition of 'interim')

He's probably resigning because he can't get his party to pull together and actually do their job. I'm betting with him gone we will see no real legislation because they are incapable of anything beyond making ideological stands that go nowhere. Without the ability to compromise and work with the opposition - legislation will go nowhere.
Yeah...the Rs should always compromise with big ears, but big ears should never compromise with the Rs. Is that it?

Or...Obama should always compromise with the R's but the R's should never compromise with Obama. I hear that a lot.

The thing is - if you want accomplish anything - you need to be able to make deals. This Congress is rated among the worst for good reason.

Other - President Obama Job Approval | RealClearPolitics
Congressional Job Approval Rating: 15.2%
Obama:45.9%

GOP’s Favorability Rating Takes a Negative Turn
R's: 32%
D's: 48%
Wheb has Obama ever compromised with the GOP? Never.
Now now, fake Rabbi. Boehner performed his assigned duty well in getting Obama to waste the third year of his first term offering Boehner 3 dollars in cuts for one in revenue before waking up to the fact that Boehner couldn't deliver a pizza let alone a vote.

Trump to Boehner: You're Fired!
There's actually a lot of truth to that.

partially true. governors can appoint congresspeople - they can appoint senators. they cannot appoint representatives.

i hadn't realized that. learn something every day.
That's correct. I should have clarified when I said congresspeople -- I meant HofR's.

Where did The Rabbi run off to?

Did Eric Cantor finish his term or quit early?

Come on dumbshit - let's see what kind of a man you are.
He was voted out of office, numbnuts.
Did Eric Cantor finish his term or quit early?

Come on dumbshit - let's see what kind of a man you are.
Asked and answered. Move on, slow-stuff.
Bullshit. He quit in August, not at the end of his term.

You are such a coward. Even anonymously you aren't man enough to admit you are wrong.

This is why everyone here considers you a piece of shit.

He's probably resigning because he can't get his party to pull together and actually do their job. I'm betting with him gone we will see no real legislation because they are incapable of anything beyond making ideological stands that go nowhere. Without the ability to compromise and work with the opposition - legislation will go nowhere.
Yeah, the Republican Party is all over the place, they have no real plans except ABORTION BENGHAZI REPEAL OBAMACARE STOP GAYS..
Given the GOP's target audience (white males over 60 who attend church once a week, and don't have college degrees) it's a perfect strategy

From what I hear from democrats republicans are all greedy rich people.
You might want to step back and continue to toe the party line before you get demerits.

Forum List

Back