British Airways unveils new uniform including hijab

I totally agree the lefty liberals are determined to destroy our cultural values with their nonsense.
But throwing a fit over allowing a muslim flight attendant to wear what is basically just a head scarf is over the top.
Makes conservatives look as bad as the leftist loons. .. :rolleyes:
Ok, you support Muslims advertising their religious beliefs without consequence. Would you also be ok with a Catholic wearing a large crucifix (big as a hijab) around their neck while on the job?

Would you also be ok with a Catholic wearing a large crucifix (big as a hijab) around their neck while on the job?
Besides looking quite comical and absurd.
That might be prohibited as safety hazard by the company.
You're letting the wearing of a head scarf.
Drive you over the crazy cliff. .. :cuckoo: :laugh::laugh:

Ok, you support Muslims advertising their religious beliefs without consequence. Would you also be ok with a Catholic wearing a large crucifix (big as a hijab) around their neck while on the job?
I would.

Besides looking quite comical and absurd.
That might be prohibited as safety hazard by the company.
You're letting the wearing of a head scarf.
Drive you over the crazy cliff. .. :cuckoo: :laugh::laugh:
It's not just the head scarf. Religious items have no place in the workforce. In fact I am now going to borrow a page from the woke left. Hijab's offend me, therefore they have to be removed from my presence. Such an asinine position is no different than demanding the flag be taken down for the same idiotic woke reasoning. Wokeism is Sickism.

I am Catholic and I would not. Blatant displays of religious symbols does not belong in the workplace. Like the woke amongst us like to complain, it offends me.
Not me. Gives them something to live up to. Like people that show the show are like people that talk the talk and then need to be sure to walk the walk.

These are much better to take your mind off being in a closed cylinder with wings at 30.000 feet, with germy strangers, being flown by somebody you don't know in a machine maintained by union workers.
d00929278c017be20a67df7976302f30.jpg

5d02d569250000ae13e75ee2.jpeg

2ff8fa41c9513b153e051cd53fe31499.jpg

544e0417e1961324f54c58858b06dd0c.png

Fly Charter ... Better Service

52631794711_62853bb090_z.jpg

Or Private ... Better View

52631794946_6350ec04be_z.jpg

Not me. Gives them something to live up to. Like people that show the show are like people that talk the talk and then need to be sure to walk the walk.

Amen ... Let Your Rugged Individualism Shine ... Exercise your Freedoms and your Liberties ... :thup:

That garb is certainly not fashionable but appropriate for the job.

Oh well ... I think the new outfit is hideous ... But not because it resembles a hajib.
And ... I tend to be more interested in the person than the clothes they are wearing ... But that's just me.

Oh my goodness ... I look like I fell out of a gym locker most of the time ... :auiqs.jpg:
It's not particularly wise for me to start throwing stones at other people about the way they choose to dress.

Oh well ... I think the new outfit is hideous ... But not because it resembles a hajib.
And ... I tend to be more interested in the person than the clothes they are wearing ... But that's just me.

Oh my goodness ... I look like I fell out of a gym locker most of the time ... :auiqs.jpg:
It's not particularly wise for me to start throwing stones at other people about the way they choose to dress.

The outfit is hideous. The person wearing it may be nice but, outward appearance does mean something in general society. Try wearing fatigues and a gun with a holster in public.

A hijab is a symbol of suppression but WTF.
I dislike the hijab. I don’t believe they are intended as suppression but I agree that’s the effect. What do I know though? I’m an apostate!

Still, I don’t dictate to Muslim women what they are not allowed to wear.

The outfit is hideous. The person wearing it may be nice but, outward appearance does mean something in general society. Try wearing fatigues and a gun with a holster in public.

I kind of understand what you are saying.

I do regularly wear cargo pants, boots and armed when I feel like it around the community here ... It's rural and no big deal.
I tend to save the Realtree and whatnot for when I am actually hunting.

Of course ... Although I am not particularly anti-social ...
I really don't give a damn what society thinks if they are just going to be superficial.

If a company sacrifices function for appearances to a point that it interferes with production ...
Then it is not particularly wise to trust their ability to make appropriate decisions.
If they try to sell you their Ideology more than their Product ... Then it could indicate that Quality is not their primary concern.

Still ... Those are just simple Principles ... Not a bunch of woke garbage.

It used to be seen as a glamorous job. I went out with a hostess once and she did nothing but whine about it.
I was a bit deflated.
They all complain about their jobs. My cousin worked for Alaska Airlines dispatching flight attendants and pilots, she had big issues trying to book off trips and pilots want to book on and take extra flights. The pilots were nice, the flight attendants were rude and prima donna. I have never thought much of them after her stories.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back