Bush & Laura.. A Class Act..

F$&k the Democrats, lol; I can care less about them. They're just as corrupt and tied to the eternal war machine as the Republicans. What pride connection am I supposed to have to the Democrats exactly? Are you saying too that because the Kennedys sympathized with Nazis, it's OK that the Bushes did too?

Lumpy - at the end of the day you can't deny that George W. Bush played a central role in getting a completely illegitimate war passed that cost 6,000+ young men and women their lives, and cost taxpayers over $3 trillion. You can't deny it, it's fact.

And because of that, I will always dislike him

I'm seeing a lot of whining, I'm kinda fed up with whining.

I would have much preferred the military going into Iraq, kicking butt and doing what we honor them for. Then getting the hell out.

But no..Democrats decided to make it political issue out of it and far more Soldiers died and were maimed because of it..I figure Democrats are pure chickenshit and cowards when they refuse to accept the part that they played and with simpleminded thought blame Bush.

Define your version of illegitimate...

Why was it illegitimate? Because Iraq wasn't a real threat to US, had not attacked US, had not threatened the US, was complying with / welcoming inspectors, and was not protecting terrorists. I mean, I think those are pretty good points - right? You can't just preemptively invade sovereign nations on "hunches", can you?

We had no business to go there except for... Big Business. There's people willing to take lives robbing a bank for $20k, what makes you think there's not people willing to take lives for three trillion, lol?

Is that why so many Democrats voted to support Bush? I believe UN Resoluton 1441 disagrees with your points.

I would have much preferred the military going into Iraq, kicking butt and doing what we honor them for. Then getting the hell out.

But no..Democrats decided to make it political issue out of it and far more Soldiers died and were maimed because of it..I figure Democrats are pure chickenshit and cowards when they refuse to accept the part that they played and with simpleminded thought blame Bush.

Why was it illegitimate? Because Iraq wasn't a real threat to US, had not attacked US, had not threatened the US, was complying with / welcoming inspectors, and was not protecting terrorists. I mean, I think those are pretty good points - right? You can't just preemptively invade sovereign nations on "hunches", can you?

We had no business to go there except for... Big Business. There's people willing to take lives robbing a bank for $20k, what makes you think there's not people willing to take lives for three trillion, lol?

Is that why so many Democrats voted to support Bush? I believe UN Resoluton 1441 disagrees with your points.

Annnnnndd what's your point? Lol.

There was no threat of military action in SCR 1441. We agreed to those terms and then reneged on them.

There was no threat of military action in SCR 1441. We agreed to those terms and then reneged on them.

Come on dude, if that's the case, then how come I see old videos of Dennis Kucinich and many other Congresspeople passionately protesting the bill saying that "it is basically authorizing a war with little to no evidence"? How come I can find old news stories pitching the vote as Congress "backing a war with Iraq" (link)? No offense, but super lame excuse you have there.

They knew what they were voting for.

Last edited:

We invaded Iraq because of blatant cease fire violations as outlined in the UN Resolution. That made it our and the coalition of nations that joined us our and their business. It also made it legitimate.

The fact that Bush went to Congress for and got approval for the invasion made it legitimate.

Any other questions?

We invaded Iraq because of blatant cease fire violations as outlined in the UN Resolution. That made it our and the coalition of nations that joined us our and their business. It also made it legitimate.

The fact that Bush went to Congress for and got approval for the invasion made it legitimate.

Any other questions?

Under the Constitution, I consider slavery to be unjustified and illegitimate despite it being voted on as "legal" in the US - do you?

Last edited:

Any other questions?

Under the Constitution, I consider slavery to be unjustified and illegitimate despite it being voted on as "legal" in the US - do you?

I remember a vote making slavery illegal. I believe it is one of the Amendments in the Constitution. I don't remember any vote in the US Congress making it legal.

Your question is absurd to the extreme.

Any other questions?

I remember a vote making slavery illegal. I believe it is one of the Amendments in the Constitution. I don't remember any vote in the US Congress making it legal.

Your question is absurd to the extreme.

Lol, I admit didn't word that fantastically.

My question is through your modern lens today, do you consider slavery to have been justified because it was legal?

Last edited:
Did he joke about WMD's?

Did she talk about killing her ex boyfriend?

Now those are the questions I have.

It almost makes me forget the fact that his grandfather was a Nazi sympathizer who significantly helped finance the rise of the Third Reich, lol.

Then we have JFK's dad, who was also Pro-Nazi and was in bed with one mafia group or another.

2nd time someone's brought this up. Questions:

1.) What does JFK's dad have to do with a thread about the decency of the Bushes?
2.) Who cares if JFK's dad was also a criminal? Am I his spokesperson or something, lol?

Did he joke about WMD's?

You're questions are always one sided, maybe because you're a member of the Liar & Hypocrite Party..you simply can't be relied on for honesty or reasonable balance..just sayin

Last edited:
Did he joke about WMD's?

You're questions are always one sided, maybe because you're a member of the Liar & Hypocrite Party..you simply can't be relied on for honesty or reasonable balance..just sayin

Because I'm on the side of the tens of thousands of young Americans killed and maimed in Iraq for no reason at all. I'm on the side of Americans who didn't want to spent three trillion on Iraq. I'm on the side of Americans who took down Bin Laden and didn't let him go. It's a good side to be on.

Any other questions?

Legitimacy could only accrue if the UN sanctioned the invasion, and it did not.

Forum List

Back